Your Favorite Scandals Madonna Will Never Recover From

Mozo1

The only controversy that has damaged her was the AL video and the Bush Administration.

Also her bad roles in movies, they gave her a bad reputation as an actress forever.

Yeah her acting is really the only thing she has never recovered from, despite the few diamonds in the rough. Public opinion of her acting is not good.

The signs during that mini-concert had a CLEAR political motivation. Only brainless idiots would say it was real fans doing that shit. :lmao:

Exactly!!! Le Pen supporters were there!!

^ for such an intelligent woman, she made some fucking stupid choices with her film roles. A real case of her ego getting out of control. She's best when cast in supporting roles or playing characters similar to herself but that big fat ego of hers kept taking on starring roles where she was the main focus and unfortunately her poor acting got the better of her. A smart director however like Abel Ferrara in Dangerous Game and Warren Beatty in Dick Tracey would have made her do take after take until she got it right, hence she was so good in those roles.

trying certain roles doesn't equal having a big ego. it's experimenting and trying to get better at a certain skill. you never know how good you are until you try it. if she had the big ego people keep saying she has she'd accept every award and pay for certifications all year.

and abel ferrara betrayed her by using private footage of M in his movie. "good director" yet a women hater and liar.

i don't think accepting the role as abbie in TNBT or amber in SA got much to do with ego, but more with M being a friend (Rupert said it would be a great role for her) and being a proud wife (S.A and shanghai surprise)

Guest bluejean

I think the problem with her acting is that she was able to leap into bigger roles because of her fame but she didn't have the acting ability to carry those roles. Even Desperately Seeking Susan was a supporting role. The only starring role she truly did well in was Evita.

The signs during that mini-concert had a CLEAR political motivation. Only brainless idiots would say it was real fans doing that shit. :lmao:

It may be a bit of a generalization, but Madonna fans don't behave like that.

When I first heard she was gonna do an "intimate" gig in Paris, I didn't think it was going to be a full length show. I also thought the whole show was going to be along the lines of BK.......meaning, songs not performed on the tour or different interpretations of songs performed.

It may be a bit of a generalization, but Madonna fans don't behave like that.

When I first heard she was gonna do an "intimate" gig in Paris, I didn't think it was going to be a full length show. I also thought the whole show was going to be along the lines of BK.......meaning, songs not performed on the tour or different interpretations of songs performed.

Yeah, this was how I understood it as well. I wasn't expecting a full length show.

Fans that have meltdowns now could never really handle the REAL scandals and backlash

Seriously, SEX alone would have sent some to Prozac and/or alcoholism in 3 seconds flat.

I would say that until the Like a Prayer video came out, Madonna's "scandals" had been pretty tame. She was big with teen girls with her first three albums. The controversy from the Like a Prayer video was bad, but by that time she was more popular with the young adult crowd and the gays. I'd say as the teens moved onto Debbie Gibson, Tiffany and the New Kids on the Block and later Paula Abdul, Wilson Philips and even Mariah as they were all "safer". After Like a Prayer the scandals just got more and more crazy until they reached their apex with the "Sex" book and "Body of Evidence". I remember in 1992-1993 to like Madonna was a bit scandalous, and then she appeared on Letterman and that was sort of the turning point. By late 1994 everything started to get tamer, but I'd say some damage was done to her career.

I would say that until the Like a Prayer video came out, Madonna's "scandals" had been pretty tame. She was big with teen girls with her first three albums. The controversy from the Like a Prayer video was bad, but by that time she was more popular with the young adult crowd and the gays. I'd say as the teens moved onto Debbie Gibson, Tiffany and the New Kids on the Block and later Paula Abdul, Wilson Philips and even Mariah as they were all "safer". After Like a Prayer the scandals just got more and more crazy until they reached their apex with the "Sex" book and "Body of Evidence". I remember in 1992-1993 to like Madonna was a bit scandalous, and then she appeared on Letterman and that was sort of the turning point. By late 1994 everything started to get tamer, but I'd say some damage was done to her career.

Mentioning Madonna's name in 1994 was like asking for a verbal lynching. The hatred was everywhere.

i really doubt that Haters or Le Pen followers would have paid more than 100 (150$) for a ticket just for the sake of insulting and booing her.

Madonna really fucked it up there. And fans were right to be pissed off.

Some Le Pen supporters might have been in the Olympia gig, but I was there too and I can assure you that fans were pissed off.

Can't you hear in the videos the whole audience singing to songs ? They're are also screaming "salope" after the end (wich means "bitch") and also "remboursé" wich means "refund", they're the same peple. Not everybody of course but many fans in the end got carried in the contestation because of the frustration of this short ending.

Of course the show was bad-marketed but the way she left the stage (although it was pure genius) was abrupt. When you don't know it's over, it was a lot to handle when you paid so much.

Retrospectively it was a night to remember, I'm proud to have been there, but you can't say "please" looking to that night thinking everything was OK and that they were all Le Pen supporters. It's a little more complex, don't you think ???

And I'm looking forward to see if she will recover from this in France, when tickets for the next tour are available.

I think it made an impact, although when she went back for the Nice concert (I was there too), it was really great.

And I'm looking forward to see if she will recover from this in France, when tickets for the next tour are available.

I think it made an impact, although when she went back for the Nice concert (I was there too), it was really great.

I saw a video of "Girl gone wild" in Nice and there was some tension... At one moment she forgot to raise her mic and someone in the audience yelled "ouhhou playback!!" and you could see that she was really pissed. Unlike her other controversies, this Olympia fiasco had nothing positive for her at the end... I hope she'll know how to erase this and start back. A good promo for Rebel Heart in France (interviews + at least one tv performance) could be a new start.

I find it absolutely repulsive if true M fans acted that entitled. If it was indeed fans that behaved that way, then GOOD RIDDANCE that she lost them. Hopefully they will keep their promise and NOT attend the next tour. What spoiled brats.......and don't give me this "they paid full price....." Blah blah blah. They paid full price for an intimate show with the Queen most of us will never have the privilege experiencing. Furthermore, how is it that I in the US, not attending the show knew that this was going to be more along the lines of her previous Roseland, Olympia and Brixton gigs in length but the people attending were completely oblivious to this??? I mean REALLY!?

I find it absolutely repulsive if true M fans acted that entitled. If it was indeed fans that behaved that way, then GOOD RIDDANCE that she lost them. Hopefully they will keep their promise and NOT attend the next tour. What spoiled brats.......and don't give me this "they paid full price....." Blah blah blah. They paid full price for an intimate show with the Queen most of us will never have the privilege experiencing. Furthermore, how is it that I in the US, not attending the show knew that this was going to be more along the lines of her previous Roseland, Olympia and Brixton gigs in length but the people attending were completely oblivious to this??? I mean REALLY!?

I agree with you, but don't forget that Live Nation said that it was a show from the MDNA Tour, and since the price was really high (the Roseland and other promo gigs were all free if I'm correct), some people felt betrayed when they realised that it was not a full show. Live Nation fucked up on this.

Not a full show + again the fact that she left very abruptly. It's not that she didn't say goodbye (of course she didn't, it was very theatrical), it's not that it was short (she talked during 10 minutes, and 1 video during the 50 min gig), it's not that she was late (it begun at 11:30 PM)... it's the whole thing. The audience was not prepared for this, I guess.

There must be someone to blame for it... I think Live Nation is to blame, yes.

It was surprising back then that the whole show will be broadcast live while the show is still on tour. People even thought the setlist would change in the american leg of the tour.

I found this:

(New setlist rumour)

Girl Gone Wild
Beautiful Killer (Die Another Day Mash-Up)
Gang Bang
Papa Don’t Preach
American Life
I Don’t Give A
Heartbeat Interlude
Express Yourself
Give Me All Your Luvin’
Turning Up The Hits Interlude
Turn Up The Radio
Open Your Heart
Je T’Aime, Moi Non Plus
Masterpiece
Justify My Love Interlude
Vogue
Candy Shop Erotica
Human Nature
Love Spent
Like A Virgin
Nobody Knows Me Interlude
I’m Addicted
Get Together
Like A Prayer 2008
Celebration

I agree. It doesn't matter how disappointed you may be, there is no excuse for that type of revolting behavior and name-calling, particularly from 'fans'. If you don't like it, then let Live Nation know about it after and ask for a refund if you feel that strongly, but behaving in that manner just shows a complete lack of class.

So then the people with the signs, why did they bring them if not for political reasons?

People with the signs, they were maybe 10...

For the others, you must put yourself in their place that night, they got carried away by the disappointment of the announcement of the show and what it really was, + the way it felt when lights went on after seeing her leave abruptly after 50 minutes...

and don't give me this "they paid full price....." Blah blah blah. They paid full price for an intimate show with the Queen most of us will never have the privilege experiencing. Furthermore, how is it that I in the US, not attending the show knew that this was going to be more along the lines of her previous Roseland, Olympia and Brixton gigs in length but the people attending were completely oblivious to this??? I mean REALLY!?

You're comparing showcases where people went for free (she was presenting her new songs in each of them) to a show that was announced as a special show from the MDNA tour for which people even paid a higher price.

I mean, REALLY ???

If they announced just a one hour show, things would have been different. If she had performed one more acoustic song + for example Like A Prayer as a finale, things would have been different.

Is it so hard to understand that M and Live Nation did fuck up this Olympia special ??

People with the signs, they were maybe 10...

For the others, you must put yourself in their place that night, they got carried away by the disappointment of the announcement of the show and what it really was, + the way it felt when lights went on after seeing her leave abruptly after 50 minutes...

You're comparing showcases where people went for free (she was presenting her new songs in each of them) to a show that was announced as a special show from the MDNA tour for which people even paid a higher price.

I mean, REALLY ???

If they announced just a one hour show, things would have been different. If she had performed one more acoustic song + for example Like A Prayer as a finale, things would have been different.

Is it so hard to understand that M and Live Nation did fuck up this Olympia special ??

I don't care if she came out and played one song and tickets were a thousand dollars. The way those people acted is absolutely repulsive. Again, how I completely understood what type of show this would be and I'm halfway across the world yet the people that actually attended had no clue is completely baffling to me......but anyways.......so, fair enough, they were upset. There is a way to handle things and throwing trash and screaming names like bitch, slut and whore is NOT the way......at least in my opinion. What did they think? That she was gonna come trotting out on stage (carefully stepping over the garbage of course) singing LAP after they screamed "slut bitch whore" for ten minutes?? Lol

I don't care if she came out and played one song and tickets were a thousand dollars. The way those people acted is absolutely repulsive. Again, how I completely understood what type of show this would be and I'm halfway across the world yet the people that actually attended had no clue is completely baffling to me......but anyways.......so, fair enough, they were upset. There is a way to handle things and throwing trash and screaming names like bitch, slut and whore is NOT the way......at least in my opinion. What did they think? That she was gonna come trotting out on stage (carefully stepping over the garbage of course) singing LAP after they screamed "slut bitch whore" for ten minutes?? Lol

+1