Your Favorite Scandals Madonna Will Never Recover From

Mozo1

Her use of guns on the MDNA tour in Denver. Really, the MDNA tour has it's own wikipedia page for the controversy from that tour that people thought she would never recover from.

It just proves how relevant she still is and how much she still got it :superman:

But we already knew that, didn't we? :laugh:

To my memory, it was a mini-concert streamed live around the time TUTR was released, except it wasn't promoted as a short show. She did like 45 minutes and 6 songs and was done and fans were pissed and threw shit after she exited the stage not to return.

Show should have been free or at least billed as a special one-off short concert. It wasn't and the Parisians weren't happy.

Although, did anyone waiting to watch the show online think it would be a full concert? The minute I heard about it I thought it'd be a short set. Regardless, should have told the fans.

Thank you for clearing that up!

To my knowledge, a group of Le Pens nazi supporters were in there and booing and had signs up, nothing to do with real fans.

...oh dear

Just from the top of my memory I can name the following cases where M got negativel press:

Like A Virgin performance on VMA '84

A Certain Sacrifice

Playboy pics

DYU vs. Tipper Gore

PDP video

Poison Penns

Sandra Bernhard interview with Letterman

The Divorce I

Pepsi vs. LAP

BAT - Pope, Toronto, etc...

JML - MTV ban

Truth or Dare

Pissing off the locals in Indiana - ALOTO

Erotica

SEX

BOE

TGS - Puerto flag in crotch, nudity, Didjeridoo in Australia...

THE Letterman Interview

Take A Bow bullfight

Argentinians reaction to Evita being filmed there: Fuera Madonna!

DW/SFL released near Princess Di's death anniversary while having paparazzi chase

Wearing Indian sacred symbols during ROL performance on VMA '98

Covering American Pie

WIFLFAG video violence, MTV ban

Swept Away

AL video

Britney kiss

LTT cross and crown of thorns in CT

The adoption

Christopher's book

A-Rod

Picture of John McCain in the Get Stupid interlude from S&S

The Divorce II

Movie about allegedly Nazi sympathizers

Hydrangea-gate

MDNA Tour - nipple, Obama a muslim, Olympia show, Marine Le Pen, Pussy Riot, yelling at fans for smoking, Chile concert, lateness in America....

Pant-less at the Billboard award

Dis-ni-gate

Interview photo shoot - boobies

Mandela-gate

Through the darkness somehow she survived..

^ Holy shit. Thank you for that amazing list.

So funny, people were saying she can't overcome the instagram scandal of days ago when I can't even remember half of these scandals listed.

Queen overcomes all!

Just from the top of my memory I can name the following cases where M got negativel press:

A Certain Sacrifice

Playboy pics

DYU vs. Tipper Gore

PDP video

Poison Penns

The Divorce I

Pepsi vs. LAP

JML - MTV ban

Truth or Dare

Erotica

SEX

BOE

THE Letterman Interview

Take A Bow bullfight

DW/SFL released near Princess Di's death anniversary while having paparazzi chase

Covering American Pie

Swept Away

AL video

Britney kiss

The adoption

Christopher's book

A-Rod

The Divorce II

Hydrangea-gate

MDNA Tour - nipple, Obama a muslim, Olympia show, Marine Le Pen, Pussy Riot, yelling at fans for smoking, Chile concert, lateness in America....

Dis-ni-gate

Mandela-gate

Wow, I remember all of these as well. Madonna is the ultimate survivor and always rises above it.

Love that Hard Copy clip! Brings back memories. That is the REAL scandal shit right there! That was the norm back then though. That "Immaterial Girl" article from Us magazine in '93 was truly vicious. Aside from when she was being accused of kidnapping, late '92 through early '94 were when the cruelest things were written about her. I was in middle school at this time and trust it was not popular to like Madonna.

These little Instagram scandals feel so insignificant in comparison to the seemingly universal hate she was getting during the '93-'94 period.

tumblr_mhecj33CXc1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

This front page could be from the last few weeks..nothing's changed and M still rides the waves of controversy and comes out on top.. roll on the next 'scandal' :thumbsup:

tumblr_mhdleblNwE1qkzr9fo1_500.gif

Amen!

She will always be our "degenerate Queen Of Sleaze". Going all the way back to LAV (maybe even before that) her career has thrived on this "love/hate" thing with the public. If it were all "love", there is no way her career would be the blueprint that it is for so many. With Madonna, the haters are as instrumental to her success as the ones who adore her. The funny part is, her haters intent is to try to "douse the fire" so to speak.....to this day they don't get that all of this "controversy" they stir up is squirting gasoline on the fire. Madonna is just living her life, THEY are the ones that make things a big deal.

Amen!

She will always be our "degenerate Queen Of Sleaze". Going all the way back to LAV (maybe even before that) her career has thrived on this "love/hate" thing with the public. If it were all "love", there is no way her career would be the blueprint that it is for so many. With Madonna, the haters are as instrumental to her success as the ones who adore her. The funny part is, her haters intent is to try to "douse the fire" so to speak.....to this day they don't get that all of this "controversy" they stir up is squirting gasoline on the fire. Madonna is just living her life, THEY are the ones that make things a big deal.

So true :laugh:

Madonna live at Paris Olympia, at least for me, was nerve-wracking. I was truly upset.

I was so happy that she let the Paris crowd down like that, haha. One of my least favorite cities in the world in terms of people living there.

Guest Peaches

From scandal to scandal, it's hardly ever been popular to like Madonna because she actually has something to say and makes people think unlike most "pop stars"; but she wouldn't be able to continue and be so successful if she didn't have the goods to back up her "scandalous" behavior. Amazing tours, videos, music make her the gold standard.

After all, she's really just living her life and it's the haters that get bent out of shape over the most ridiculous things.

A Certain Sacrifice

Playboy pics

DYU vs. Tipper Gore

PDP video

Poison Penns

The Divorce I

Pepsi vs. LAP

JML - MTV ban

Truth or Dare

Erotica

SEX

BOE

THE Letterman Interview

Take A Bow bullfight

Covering American Pie

Swept Away

AL video

Britney kiss

The adoption

Christopher's book

A-Rod

The Divorce II

Hydrangea-gate

Dis-ni-gate

Mandela-gate

Great list! Thank you ;)

I also remember there was a pretty big hoo-ha in the UK back in 2000 when she criticized the hospitals for being 'old and Victorian'....

Of course there was also her speech at the Turner Prize the following year... :laugh:

Edited by Mr Ciccone

The Sex Book. It was a brilliant piece of pop-art that managed to capture everything that Madonna was about; a self made pop icon that fitted easily into our postmodern era. To many the book was just 'sleazy'. To others it was an ironic attempt to explore the relationships between art and Commerce, between high-culture and low-culture.

What happened here??

There are two supposed answers:

For some reason, she did an intimate, shortened version of the MDNA tour in Paris for one night that was broadcast on YouTube. I think some people had paid like 200 Euros a ticket and she was on for like forty five minutes. It was short and people were pissed off they'd paid so much for such a short show. Once again, bad management of the event hadn't really explained what it was so people didn't know what to expect.

Alternatively, supposedly, there were supporters of Marie Le Pen, the far right politician, who'd got in and were deliberately being negative because M had put a picture of MlP in her Nobody Knows Me video with a swastika on her forehead. However, this seems somewhat unlikely given that they waited until the end of the show to shout and complain.

Madonna has pretty much recovered from most controversies although her AL stance did harm her in the US for a considerable amount of time. I think the Superbowl was an excellent piece of PR for her there though.

i really doubt that Haters or Le Pen followers would have paid more than 100 (150$) for a ticket just for the sake of insulting and booing her.

Madonna really fucked it up there. And fans were right to be pissed off.

To my knowledge, a group of Le Pens nazi supporters were in there and booing and had signs up, nothing to do with real fans.

i really doubt that Haters or Le Pen followers would have paid more than 100 (150$) for a ticket just for the sake of insulting and booing her.

please.

In the video I saw, you could clearly see that the instigators had signs insulting Madonna. So these "fans" just happened to bring the signs with them in the off chance that M did something to piss them off?