Your Favorite Scandals Madonna Will Never Recover From

Mozo1

In light of the recent Instagram scandal that has obviously destroyed Madonna's career forever for good, I was just wondering what other scandals you fondly recall that have also destroyed her career over the last 30 + years.

One of my favorites was the Pope/Catholic Church losing their shit over Papa Don't Preach. It even gave us an unforgettable answer song that almost buried M. in 1986. Referenced below about 1 minute-plus in. (sorry couldn't find the whole thing)

How she was able to put the pieces back together afterwards is beyond me.

Your faves?

(sorry if this is a thread somewhere already, mods. I didn't see one.)

The one about the California neighbor who hated the way her house was painted in the early 90s lmfao.

On a similar note, I think there was a scandal about the hedges around that same house or another one.

I confess to loving hydrangeas and the house painting is pinging a faint memory in the ole brain. Will have to investigate further.

How did she overcome these? :smile:

I have to say when Justify My Love and later the Sex Book came out in the early 90s was the best. I remember in the 1991 yearbook I listed Madonna as my favourite singer and everyone else had Mariah Carey or Wilson Philips or some other crap like that. It was almost scandalous to say you were a fan of hers, and I loved it.

Males-only Gift To Madonna Riles Australian Aborigines

November 18, 1993

If manhandling the Puerto Rican flag weren't bad enough, now Madonna has aggravated Australians by taking a didgeridoo.

The didgeridoo is a long, tube-like wind instrument that is traditional among the Aborigines. Only men are allowed to play it.

Madonna, who offended some fans in Puerto Rico when she rubbed the island's flag against her crotch, received a five-foot didgeridoo on her arrival in Sydney on Wednesday. It was a gift from the promoter of the Australian leg of her tour.

"The fact Madonna is a Westerner and the didgeridoo as a gift does not change the fact she should not be carrying it around," said Badangthun Munmunyarrun, an Aboriginal elder.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-11-18/news/9311190020_1_didgeridoo-puerto-rican-flag-australian-leg

omfg yeah that little gig she did for the fans @ olympia! that was so bad :( also her adoptions.. people making her out to be a kidnapper. it was everywhere.

is this thing on IG really that big though? i don't read a lot of showbizz news (especially not in my country cuz it's usually all not very pro and biased anyway) so Im not even aware if its reported at all or if it's more of a US (and UK for the diana pic) thing.

Her use of guns on the MDNA tour in Denver. Really, the MDNA tour has it's own wikipedia page for the controversy from that tour that people thought she would never recover from.

The MDNA tour was unbelievable. Every time a friend would start with the words 'did you hear...' I would brace myself for the next thing I'd need to defend

mnip.gif

She never recovered from this, let's hope one day the poor, outraged public can forgive her :laugh:

Fucking adore her expression after pulling her bra back up.

Madonna vs. The President of Malawi. :popcorn2:

So can anybody tell me what happened at the Olympia in Paris??

To my memory, it was a mini-concert streamed live around the time TUTR was released, except it wasn't promoted as a short show. She did like 45 minutes and 6 songs and was done and fans were pissed and threw shit after she exited the stage not to return.

Show should have been free or at least billed as a special one-off short concert. It wasn't and the Parisians weren't happy.

Although, did anyone waiting to watch the show online think it would be a full concert? The minute I heard about it I thought it'd be a short set. Regardless, should have told the fans.

To my memory, it was a mini-concert streamed live around the time TUTR was released, except it wasn't promoted as a short show. She did like 45 minutes and 6 songs and was done and fans were pissed and threw shit after she exited the stage not to return.

Show should have been free or at least billed as a special one-off short concert. It wasn't and the Parisians weren't happy.

Although, did anyone waiting to watch the show online think it would be a full concert? The minute I heard about it I thought it'd be a short set. Regardless, should have told the fans.

real fans? or Le penn´s followers?