I just woke up from a fuzzy dream...

vocalism

I've had the first line of "Miles Away" stuck in my head for days now and I don't know why. I rarely listen to it. Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but... SERIOUSLY?

(Edit: maybe it's because DP reminds me of it in some way?)

I've had the first line of "Miles Away" stuck in my head for days now and I don't know why. I rarely listen to it. Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but... SERIOUSLY?

(Edit: maybe it's because DP reminds me of it in some way?)

The very beginning of DP is almost exactly like the very beginning of Miles Away.

It's a beautiful song with completely disconnected production. Lyrics, melody, vocals are all brilliant and the production is good too but, like with Love Spent it cordons off the emotions of the song.

Just listen to the acapella, or to the piano versions on youtube

I also take issue to it because I feel like it was included at the expense of Across the Sky which is much better, IMO.

This song is melodically gorgeous.......I remember hearing the "so far away...." part in that clip before albums release and I was instantaneously hooked. The production is great for this song. I've always loved the outro and wish it were a bit longer.

I never connected with this song, not even listening to the acappella. To me this track doesn't give me any feeling, and it should because the lyrics are gorgeus and the melody is not bad. But it leaves me a bit cold.

But i'm the most deaf person in the world, because i really connect with Heartbeat, love that song, and i know it's not a fan favourite. But i love her voice in Heartbeat, don't know why

I never connected with this song, not even listening to the acappella. To me this track doesn't give me any feeling, and it should because the lyrics are gorgeus and the melody is not bad. But it leaves me a bit cold.

But i'm the most deaf person in the world, because i really connect with Heartbeat, love that song, and i know it's not a fan favourite. But i love her voice in Heartbeat, don't know why

Heartbeat is exquisite. I love it. I love tracks 3-6 on HC so much.

Miles Away is everything!

For me, it's very effective. The "disconnect" some find in the voice of Crowdonna, for me, it resembled surrender, the admitting that the relationship was doomed. She's defeated.

Miles Away is everything!

For me, it's very effective. The "disconnect" some find in the voice of Crowdonna, for me, it resembled surrender, the admitting that the relationship was doomed. She's defeated.

You summed it up nicely, but I never thought of MA as featuring Crowdonna vocals! I am so confused by which of her styles of singing crow actually refers to :laugh: in my mind, people use crow to refer to Girl Gone Wild or maybe Human Nature verses. Even LFL verses maybe. I think of MA as one of her smooth and higher vocals, especially "so far away."

Guest Madomination

The melody to: "

The very beginning of DP is almost exactly like the very beginning of Miles Away.

What's DP? Please spell it out!

The melody to the very first line of Miles Away seems very familiar. I heard the same melody somewhere before.

In any case, the only version of Miles Away I listen to is the Trendsetter Remix. The album version, music wise, is very weak.

You summed it up nicely, but I never thought of MA as featuring Crowdonna vocals! I am so confused by which of her styles of singing crow actually refers to :laugh: in my mind, people use crow to refer to Girl Gone Wild or maybe Human Nature verses. Even LFL verses maybe. I think of MA as one of her smooth and higher vocals, especially "so far away."

It's not crow vocals too. It's just the HC era was so famous for The Crow especially Borderline S&S :lmao:

The melody to: "

What's DP? Please spell it out!

The melody to the very first line of Miles Away seems very familiar. I heard the same melody somewhere before.

In any case, the only version of Miles Away I listen to is the Trendsetter Remix. The album version, music wise, is very weak.

I meant Devil Pray...