"Living For Love" Video Discussion: Video filming in NYC rumors

I thought the odds were on Ray Caesar for directing this video? He would certainly bring a fresh perspective, he has quite an imagination, judging from his bio. Based on his art work though I think he might be better suited for directing the DP or Ghosttown video, if that ever comes to pass.

http://www.raycaesar.com/about-ray-caesar

I heard a 30 sec clip of LFL while driving to work this morning on MET FM ( One of the biggest radio here in Thailand ) and they said " Stay tuned for The Return of Madonna The Queen Of Pop " .

I'm happy cos during the MDNA era I heard absolutely nothing on the radio regarding Madonna.

she should shoot the video soon , according to Guy the prermiere of the video is February 10th , or I am wrong...

They should do that, first week of youtube streams plus Grammys, plus single release will make sure it at least chart in the Hot100

David Fincher would be great, but I think he's too busy... And I don't think big movie directors will work with her, for many reasons (too expensive, schedule conflicts, ego conflicts...) :laugh:

One thing is sure with this video : she'll surprise us all! She wants LFL to be a hit :Disco_Ball:

Why oh why do people want David Fincher? Have you not seen that stinky piece of crap known as Gone Girl, yuk! The man has lost it completely since last directing Madonna ( though I adore his film clips )

In all seriousness, I would like to see Jane Fonda direct LFL ( let's hope Bette is scrapped ) I could so see an aerobics theme to this clip, with Leg Warner's and Charlie Horses!

Cinematography wise I envision a mix between Disclosure's original video for "F For You" (without Mary J Blige) and Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off".

We start off with a huge white soundstage with very smooth, clean lighting and M walking up to the camera, up to a clean close-up, in different looks, ranging for the clean Versace campaign look to the full curled Rebel Heart promo era look. Starting in black and white images. Singing towards the camera, as she starts singing it's intercut with images of her loved ones standing face to face with her, her father, siblings, children, ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, dancers, friends, celebrity friends, designers, collaborators. Like she is singing to them, honouring them, worshipping them, As she sings the soundstage takes on color and the white soundstage appears to be a huge video screen with brightly colored motion grahpic design on them, mostly colored in red. The dancers dance around her in tight routines. The entire feel is very 80's and early 90's, but it's a big love song for her loved ones.

They could also do this set-up with people of all walks of life. An old woman, a child, big bear gay man, transgenders, all nationalities, religions, groups of people. Generally people who "life her up" spiritually speaking.

Very clean imagery, steady cam, fast cuts, but a camera that always seems to be moving pan from left to right, zooming in or out, very static movement.

Why oh why do people want David Fincher? Have you not seen that stinky piece of crap known as Gone Girl, yuk! The man has lost it completely since last directing Madonna ( though I adore his film clips )

In all seriousness, I would like to see Jane Fonda direct LFL ( let's hope Bette is scrapped ) I could so see an aerobics theme to this clip, with Leg Warner's and Charlie Horses!

I'm terribly sorry but "Gone Girl" was one of the best movies of the year. He is a visionary in his sleek, crisp and clean character studies. A modern day Hitchcock, absolutely breathtaking cinematography and directing. His "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was startling and gorgeously made as well.

Would be interesting to see Darren Aronofsky direct a Madonna video. I know her thinks a lot of her and his visuals are always beautifully done. Always adored his artistic vision on "the Fountain" not to mention Black Swan as well.

I d love to see what he could come up with for the Queen

Madonna needs to direct LFL herself. I don't understand why she hasn't done that yet. The excuse that she doesn't want to be on both sides of the camera is silly given how involved she is in everything. Co-direct at least.

He's a great director. The Game and The Social Network are two of my faves. I enjoyed Gone Girl - the problem was more the script than anything else.

I'm terribly sorry but "Gone Girl" was one of the best movies of the year. He is a visionary in his sleek, crisp and clean character studies. A modern day Hitchcock, absolutely breathtaking cinematography and directing. His "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" was startling and gorgeously made as well.

Thank you! Poster has no idea what they are talking about saying "Gone Girl" isn't a well made film haha.

It is a layered beauty. I haven't read the book but it's rare when an adaptation reaches greater heights and I've been told it does.

We already know what he and M can do together. It's time for another collaboration! It'll probably never happen again though with how busy he is and hard to get.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Why do people think Hollywood directors are going to direct music videos? Does that ever happen? If so it must be a rarity. And why always go for the past directors? Don't be so nostalgic. There are plenty of great young directors. She should ask Xavier Dolan to direct her video. He did this amazing video for Indochine:

Thank you! Poster has no idea what they are talking about saying "Gone Girl" isn't a well made film haha.

It is a layered beauty. I haven't read the book but it's rare when an adaptation reaches greater heights and I've been told it does.

We already know what he and M can do together. It's time for another collaboration! It'll probably never happen again though with how busy he is and hard to get.

Not to drag this thread further into movie talk, but I hated that movie. However it, like all Fincher films, was extremely well done.

I just didn't buy the story at all, but Fincher's duds (again, IMO) are better than movies than the greatest achievements of other directors. Always worth-seeing.

Pedro Almodóvar

That would be incredible.

Why do people think Hollywood directors are going to direct music videos?

You're right, in fact I think I don't care who will be the director as long as the idea and realisation are good!

Why do people think Hollywood directors are going to direct music videos? Does that ever happen? If so it must be a rarity. And why always go for the past directors? Don't be so nostalgic. There are plenty of great young directors. She should ask Xavier Dolan to direct her video. He did this amazing video for Indochine:

I LOVE Xavier Dolan

Xavier Dolan would be a good collab, I had the same idea a few months ago when I watched his first movies (and the Indochine video). He's young, talented, gay, and he loves Madonna (and Celine Dion). I would watch that with great pleasure :popcorn2:

But I think he's in L.A. preparing his first movie in english with Kit Harrington ( :drama: ) and Susan Sarandon.

Xavier Dolan would be a good collab, I had the same idea a few months ago when I watched his first movies (and the Indochine video). He's young, talented, gay, and he loves Madonna (and Celine Dion). I would watch that with great pleasure :popcorn2:

But I think he's in L.A. preparing his first movie in english with Kit Harrington ( :drama: ) and Susan Sarandon.

He loves Madonna? When did he say this? If so, I love him even more lol

Yes, and Jessica Chastain!

Its probably gonna be footage of her in a white wall mixed with the lastmalawi trip

I think you underestimate Madonna's ambition for this album...

We're used to such disappointment. But there's no way it's gonna be - dancing against a wall with cut to a person dancing a a choir singing!! God I prey it isn't!!! M's pretty much followed the same patten of since 2000 of:

1st single: big budget in yo face

2nd: fashion photography video (some better than others, Don't Tell Me and Give it 2 Me come to mind)