Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

^ The Atlantic writer's story is another example of the extremely annoying and over sensitive PC police that's ruining the left. Best just to ignore.

I agree. But I don't see how they get the cords are demeaning. If they were demeaning, she would also be demeaning herself since she has them on her face. I would think it would be pretty obvious to anyone that the cords are supposed to represent the status quo and mainstream society trying to constrict someone from expressing themselves. Thus, rebels rebel against the restrictive bindings of society and overcome them with heart. But I guess these writers are seeing them as some kind of sexual S&M cords. I don't see how anyone who is intelligent couldn't understand the meaning of the strings in relation to rebel heart. I think it's pretty obvious. I don't think you have to have some advanced degree in art appreciation or critical theory to get that.

And I don't get the comment an artist who has made various forms of "black music". Yes, she has done some songs influenced by R&B, hip hop and soul, what most people would consider black music. But I would say the predominant genre of music people associate her with is dance and electronic music, which is not generally associated with black people or seen as black music, If it's associated with any minority group, it's associated with the gay community. Personally, I don't think there should be such a thing as black music though, just good and bad music. But it's not like she's Eminem or someone who does predominately or exclusively a style of music mostly associated with black people.

I agree. But I don't see how they get the cords are demeaning. If they were demeaning, she would also be demeaning herself since she has them on her face. I would think it would be pretty obvious to anyone that the cords are supposed to represent the status quo and mainstream society trying to constrict someone from expressing themselves. Thus, rebels rebel against the restrictive bindings of society and overcome them with heart. But I guess these writers are seeing them as some kind of sexual S&M chords. I don't see how anyone who is intelligent couldn't understand the meaning of the strings in relation to rebel heart. I think it's pretty obvious. I don't think you have to have some advanced degree in art appreciation or critical theory to get that.

They would have to stop for a minute and THINK. That's asking a lot of these people

I agree. But I don't see how they get the cords are demeaning. If they were demeaning, she would also be demeaning herself since she has them on her face. I would think it would be pretty obvious to anyone that the cords are supposed to represent the status quo and mainstream society trying to constrict someone from expressing themselves. Thus, rebels rebel against the restrictive bindings of society and overcome them with heart. But I guess these writers are seeing them as some kind of sexual S&M cords. I don't see how anyone who is intelligent couldn't understand the meaning of the strings in relation to rebel heart. I think it's pretty obvious. I don't think you have to have some advanced degree in art appreciation or critical theory to get that.

And I don't get the comment an artist who has made various forms of "black music". Yes, she has done some songs influenced by R&B, hip hop and soul, what most people would consider black music. But I would say the predominant genre of music people associate her with is dance and electronic music, which is not generally associated with black people or seen as black music, If it's associated with any minority group, it's associated with the gay community. Personally, I don't think there should be such a thing as black music though, just good and bad music. But it's not like she's Eminem or someone who does predominately or exclusively a style of music mostly associated with black people.

Agree it's disappointing that there appears to be significant amount of people who did not understand at all the possible underlying messages of M posts. Like others have pointed out already, she included her mom's pic and her friend Jean Baptiste with the cord on their faces and she obviously did not want to demean them. I know it's already old news, but M would never purposely offend or degrade these specific african americans who hold deep meaning for people. It does seem some writers are almost looking for something to be enraged about or at least it appears that way on the surface.

So she's heading back to NYC tonight!!!! Tomorrow she'll be back to work!!! Filming the video in the next three days!!!

I think it's safe to say Messiah/Revolution/Rebel Heart will make the cut based on that.

M tagged National Geographic.

Probably another racist re-appropriation. Someone should warn the Daily Mail, Pierce Morgan, Wendy Williams and Roger Friedman so they can warn the world.

Now get to werk bitch! If she films the video this week then Traditional was right again...

Guy said the same thing so big whoopdie-fuckin-do :voiceofreason:

Now get to werk bitch! If she films the video this week then Traditional was right again...

Everyone knows she's filming the video this week. She has to. I bet the outfits are all ready and the concept is completely ready to go.

Guardian writer Nesrine Malik just wrote another scathing article about Madonna's supposed "cultural appropriation" only she probably thought she would receive overwhelming support when in actual fact the MAJORITY of the comments have said what an idiot this journalist is and that Madonna is guilty of absolutely nothing. Oh well, nothing like bad press as they say :laugh:

sorry if that was already posted about.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/06/madonna-cultural-appropriation-cliche-iggy-azalea?CMP=fb_ot

I try to avoid articles on Madonna in the press (online and in print) as the general tone is negative and degrading. More often, the pictures of Madonna are unflattering, to further shine a bad light. We live in a world where there is a perverse thrill in putting people down, demonizing them and creating a sense of unworthiness about their craft. I know Madonna is beyond all this.

Guardian writer Nesrine Malik just wrote another scathing article about Madonna's supposed "cultural appropriation" only she probably thought she would receive overwhelming support when in actual fact the MAJORITY of the comments have said what an idiot this journalist is and that Madonna is guilty of absolutely nothing. Oh well, nothing like bad press as they say :laugh:

sorry if that was already posted about.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/06/madonna-cultural-appropriation-cliche-iggy-azalea?CMP=fb_ot

I think people are becoming more and more annoyed at the Cultural Appropriation warriors and are now speaking out. People who hate Madonna will agree only because they are putting Madonna down but the over-whelming majority of people will be thinking this is too stupid and idiotic.

And in a few months, when the Queen is on top and getting rave reviews, these same publications will do stories about her amazing career and totally kiss her ass. It ebbs and flows.

I think people are becoming more and more annoyed at the Cultural Appropriation warriors and are now speaking out. People who hate Madonna will agree only because they are putting Madonna down but the over-whelming majority of people will be thinking this is too stupid and idiotic.

Indeed. That article is such an embarrassment to anyone with a passing knowledge of M. and reality.

She'll always be a target for people trying to make a name for themselves on the coattails of her legacy.

Stop complaining about this 5 day old nontroversy and get happy that M's about to film a new video! These are exciting times :tigger: I hope we get hints in the next week or so about hair/clothes, etc ...IG pics??

And in a few months, when the Queen is on top and getting rave reviews, these same publications will do stories about her amazing career and totally kiss her ass. It ebbs and flows.

Yes - I've always thought that one of the reasons for M's overwhelming sustained success has been that she's always managed to be both top dawg and the underdog.

Yes - I've always thought that one of the reasons for M's overwhelming sustained success has been that she's always managed to be both top dawg and the underdog.

In an old Dave Marsh book I have called Rock Lists, he has lists of Artists Critics Can't Get Enough Of, Artists Critics Love to Hate, and Artists Critics Mistakenly Ignore. He put Madonna on all three :lmao:

the comments on the guardian article are very refreshing actually. they're pointing out what we've been saying for days. i always thought incorporating other cultures in art is a good thing, all of a sudden boring PC social media warriors wanted to stop it. what are we supposed to do without being inspired by other cultures anyway? music (and so many other things) would still be stuck at the very beginning if it wasn't for artists being inspired by one another.. artists wouldn't be able to be politically outspoken about things. we can't do the Salsa or eat food or enjoy art from cultures that aren't our own? one even said tiger woods can't play golf anymore because it's from scotland "cultural appropriation!!!!" i can't believe they're even trying to make this a thing at all. its just way too ridiculous for words.

These websites and papers would give their left nut and tit for a Madonna exclusive and they all know it

Yep. They can't stop saying how bad she is. They're as obsessed with her as us in their own twisted way.

Edited by the-queen

Firstly, who the fuck is Wendy?

Second, is she saying that it would have been OK for Madonna to post pictures of only white people? Now THAT is racist.