Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

Although usually mellow and not confrontational, I actually thrive on defending Madonna. Because in all honesty, when people have a problem with anything about her, it usually exposes them as a complete and utter ass. Almost everyone in my life knows not to take me on when it comes to Madonna. The funniest part is people who know me as very easygoing almost do a head spin when I become enraged on behalf of the Queen.

Here's an article I found on a website that I've never seen before. It's written by Lisa Fogarty at Cafemom.This will make you feel good. I can't copy the article for some reason, but here's a link: http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/181115/madonna_martin_luther_king_instagram?result=comment_added&tsch=1420343835554

OMG thank you! THIS is what I have been waiting for. Can we give this woman a medal or all chip in to send her on vacation? LOVING her.

Here's an article I found on a website that I've never seen before. It's written by Lisa Fogarty at Cafemom.This will make you feel good. I can't copy the article for some reason, but here's a link: http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/181115/madonna_martin_luther_king_instagram

Agree refreshing article and hopefully more soon...

I don't. I like when people love madonna.

Same here. I truly hate it when people talk about their hatred for Madonna. I feel angry and annoyed when reading the constant negative hate in the press. I never mention to people that I work with how much of a fan I am because I don't want to hear their hateful comments if they don't like Madonna. Most of it has come from stuff they have read in the press too. You can't reason with them either as I have tried previously on many occasions. Just can't deal with it now. That is why I feel people are wrong when they say that the media has no power. I have friends who deliberately would always trash Madonna to me but they have stopped now because I made it clear to them that I have no interest in hearing it all of the time.

Re ex fans, I do think it has a lot of do with age bias even though they would never admit it. Look at how many fans jumped ship to Gaga and now are doing it with newer girls. Saying stuff like Madonna is too old etc. So disappointing.

Well ... she weathered the sex book backlash, the Malawi adoption, the take a bow bullfighting, the papa don't preach abortion, the like a prayer burning crosses, the Evita disrespect how dare she comparisons, and hydrangeagate, have i missed any? Oh yeah, and recently the 'fan' backlash against the leaked photos and demos. Take comfort that this will all blow over once the promo begins for the album release - people will forgive in light of good music.

Well ... she weathered the sex book backlash, the Malawi adoption, the take a bow bullfighting, the papa don't preach abortion, the like a prayer burning crosses, the Evita disrespect how dare she comparisons, and hydrangeagate, have i missed any? Oh yeah, and recently the 'fan' backlash against the leaked photos and demos. Take comfort that this will all blow over once the promo begins for the album release - people will forgive in light of good music.

Yes! She takes the hate and spins it into gold. It's what she does.

This too shall pass... bitches!

Justify My Love video and rubbing the Puerto Rico flag between her legs lol

That's right! Also forgot to add the American Life video with the George W lookalike. And pissing off locals while filming A League of Their Own. Really the many times she's offended people is countless. And she comes out on top with her brilliance every time, making the complainers look petty and narrow minded.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Her posting pictures of Mandela has nothing to do with cultural appropriation. Mandela isn't a cultural practice and he doesn't even exclusively represent any culture, he's become a figure, an international figure representing high moral standards and resisting political oppression. Posting his picture is as much cultural appropriation as quoting his words.

Unapologetic Plank

That's right! Also forgot to add the American Life video with the George W lookalike. And pissing off locals while filming A League of Their Own. Really the many times she's offended people is countless. And she comes out on top with her brilliance every time, making the complainers look petty and narrow minded.

Totally. It's just what she does.

Let's not forget MDNA tittygate, the recent tittygate for Interview, stomping for Obama on tour (because she's a racist, obviously) etc.

They've tried to end her 30 years plus running. Ain't gonna happen.

Totally. It's just what she does.

Let's not forget MDNA tittygate, the recent tittygate for Interview, stomping for Obama on tour (because she's a racist, obviously) etc.

They've tried to end her 30 years plus running. Ain't gonna happen.

This is what happens with this nonsense. One ends and another comes along. I literally forgot that we had the ridiculous Interview brouhaha just weeks ago lmao!

Girl is getting loads of press from these haters.

Here's an article I found on a website that I've never seen before. It's written by Lisa Fogarty at Cafemom.This will make you feel good. I can't copy the article for some reason, but here's a link: http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/181115/madonna_martin_luther_king_instagram

Thanks for digging this up! Whoever is on twitter, please get this out there to balance out the craziness that's currently there.

Social media has given too many idiots a voice and sadly after all these years, she's reading it and she's clearly affected

Joan of Arc - Madonna:

Being destructive isn't great

They couldn't say it to my face

One day I won't care

But for the moment I'm not there

I just close my eyes, and let you catch me now

This is what happens with this nonsense. One ends and another comes along. I literally forgot that we had the ridiculous Interview brouhaha just weeks ago lmao!

Girl is getting loads of press from these haters.

She is, indeed. This silly nontroversy is only keeping her name in the headlines and her response(s), albeit needing a spellcheck, have been spot on.

Has she posted Maya Angelou all Rebel Hearted yet? I hope she's next.

Also, I find it so funny she's being attacked for allegedly using Nelson Mandela and MLK to promote her album.

Yeah, because if anyone sends pop fans running to buy music, it's Nelson Mandela and MLK.

Fucking idiotic twats.

I don't. I like when people love madonna.

+1 xo.

Same here. I truly hate it when people talk about their hatred for Madonna. I feel angry and annoyed when reading the constant negative hate in the press. I never mention to people that I work with how much of a fan I am because I don't want to hear their hateful comments if they don't like Madonna. Most of it has come from stuff they have read in the press too. You can't reason with them either as I have tried previously on many occasions. Just can't deal with it now. That is why I feel people are wrong when they say that the media has no power. I have friends who deliberately would always trash Madonna to me but they have stopped now because I made it clear to them that I have no interest in hearing it all of the time.

Re ex fans, I do think it has a lot of do with age bias even though they would never admit it. Look at how many fans jumped ship to Gaga and now are doing it with newer girls. Saying stuff like Madonna is too old etc. So disappointing.

+1 xo.

can i say that people that accuses madonna in the same vein as that Prank woman (a friend of mine attended LES too...i thought he was clever and brilliant for doing so...now i'm really downgrading my praises for him...) are the first, and most dangerous, racists? no matter if they're white, black, yellow or pink? they like people not to come together.... a part from the fact that they're ignorant on the most sublime levels, no matter they're degree...and seems proud to show it....

(please someone send this message to her :laugh: )

She's getting really bad press here in the UK because of her silly Instagram posts

I like her album artwork but she doesn't need to post pics of Lady Di (and many more) with her face tied up, it just doesn't look right why can't she see that?

What doesn't look right about it, exactly? Or do you just mean that people are too lazy to see what she is actually doing, and their lives are so empty that they need to hate on something?

She's getting really bad press here in the UK because of her silly Instagram posts

I like her album artwork but she doesn't need to post pics of Lady Di (and many more) with her face tied up, it just doesn't look right why can't she see that?

The only bad press i've seen is in the Daily Mail...but then that's nothing new at all is it?

Guest Rachelle of London

I haven't seen any bad press in the UK either and I was at my newsagents this morning. Last two weeks she's been on the front pages though. When the interview mag pics came out and the album leaks. But today nothing.