Cher tweeted this

Andra

Cher loves to say how she was the first to dress outrageous or how she paved the way for people like M (which is frankly bullshit). The woman has been a puppet for others (first Sonny Bono and then David Geffen namely, and of course Bob Mackie for fashion) for a good chunk of her career. While she may have been "outrageous" to a degree, there was never any artistic prowess or statement being made behind it.

I know Madonna always gets torn to shreds for "wanting to be relevant." But it's always been much worse with Cher, she just doesn't get the same flack because no one holds her artistry (outside of maybe acting) to any high standards. She's a big joke, but that's why many of us like her and will let it pass.

Cher is just sending up her " What the fuck is MDNA" tweet.

I think some of you are being a bit harsh on Cher. She has been a superstar for years, she is not a flash in the pan starlet who needs to get attention. I feel she is a pure eccentric and her twitter seems to prove it. Her thoughts are all over the place but it is kind of endearing.

I love Cher's Believe and Living Proof albums!! When I was in middle school I listened to them religiously because I thought she was like a goddess of gays. But then she disappeared and tbh I felt a bit betrayed. I think that's not something Madonna would do, disappear that is. She makes new fans with each era so she will keep on going until her last breath!

Omg you guys need to not be so hard on Cher! That's her sense of humor, no shade toward Madonna there.

I think if Cher wanted to throw shade at M, she would just do it.......none of this beating around the bush. Even when she "seriously" dissed Madge (many many years ago), she did it with humor. I don't think Cher has ever really disliked Madonna.

Maybe not the right thread but WHERE has it been reported she may pass?? I know she's been ill, but I have heard nothing of her being that bad off.

wow some people here need to get a sense of humor and lighten up

thank you

Cher loves Madonna. She said it plenty of times that she thinks M is very talented and that she has the utmost respect for her. It's just her sense of humor.

This is real shade and stupidity:

Edited by Messiah

Mariah Carey has dug up her own grave with all that shade. Bye Felicia! See you in Vegas lol

Cher is awesome. She's a true talent. And, a really nice lady. I met her about 12 years ago. Nothing but nice.

Does any one else remember watching The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour and The Cher Show?...