Madonna & Michael - In The Closet

Messiahxxx

Sounds cool! I agree, I wish they would have collaborated - imagine what a hit it would have become! Everyone would have gone wild for the fact alone that the two biggest forces in pop music sing on one song together.

But I guess it wasn't meant to happen, both had different minds, especially back then.

Sounds cool! I agree, I wish they would have collaborated - imagine what a hit it would have become! Everyone would have gone wild for the fact alone that the two biggest forces in pop music sing on one song together.

But I guess it wasn't meant to happen, both had different minds, especially back then.

Yes, Michael was too afraid to explore the themes the title implies. I love how Madonna pulled out of what would have been a smash simply because she wanted to go further with it than Michael was capable of going.

Guest Rocco Papa

That mashup is pretty cool! Kudos to whoever made it. It's the closest thing we have to what it might've sounded like.

The spoken word parts of the original would've been perfect for Madonna, especially at that time. That was when she was doing Justify My Love and Erotica, both very much spoken-word songs.

In retrospect it might've been cool, but I'm kinda glad they didn't record anything together.

Neither were willing to compromise (maybe just Michael). I'm sure the final version with Madonna's input, not just vocals, could've made it a better song.