Madonna has no bad albums

Shane

i feel like American Life was ahead of its time and didn't receive the full appreciation that it deserved. it's such an amazing album!

YES! YES! YES!

However, I do think it could've been even better with some post production done by Stuart Price. I mean...that fucking RIT version of Nobody Knows Me shits all over the album version! :wow:

MNDA was not my cup of tea at all. I haven't revisited any of the tracks. It's bad in my book.

:newspaper:

We all know its special, blah blah blah.

latoya1o9svs.gif

Don't you fucking dare! That album deserves all the love it can get! I'm tired of people praising MDNA and Erotica (her other two "flops") but American Life always getting neglected.

It's a masterpiece that was truly ahead of it's time!

YES! YES! YES!

However, I do think it could've been even better with some post production done by Stuart Price. I mean...that fucking RIT version of Nobody Knows Me shits all over the album version! :wow:

latoya1o9svs.gif

Don't you fucking dare! That album deserves all the love it can get! I'm tired of people praising MDNA and Erotica (her other two "flops") but American Life always getting neglected.

It's a masterpiece that was truly ahead of it's time!

American Life gets praised all the time on here. If anything its overrated now among fans.

Erotica is CLASSIC.

Don't compare it to AL & MDNA.

Erotica is LIFE.

Where? All I see is Erotica getting treated as the holy grail of all albums when it's clearly not. Well, at least not in my book.

Pretty much all the time. Someone will make a comment exactly like you did in this thread and everyone will crawl out the woodwork saying its so misunderstood, her most political, musically experimental, etc. and how it was a big injustice that it flopped... then we talk about the pulled video and supposed radio boycotts. Its the stock standard American Life conversation that happens every other week.

Trust me, it is not underrated or forgotten on this board.

Nothing on here is underrated, we even hold vigils for Bedtime Stories. Soon we will be doing the same to Hard Candy. :rotfl:

ironically, I think Erotica and American Life are her most overrated albums amongst fans (ROL being her most underrated). Maybe it's some '2 kool 4 skool' shit. :lmao:

I sometimes think Confessions on a Dance Floor could also be underrated in the sense that some people just see it as a mindless dance album and rarely look deep into what she's actually saying. She says some dark and introspective things on that album as a retrospective of her career to that point.

I could live without Hard Candy BUT it's still a stellar pop album. I don't like Erotica at all but I do appreciate everything it stands for. I'm not also a fan of LAV album but it's still very iconic pop album.

So even though there are "bad" Madonna albums, I would never call them bad albums per se. There is a difference.

And only thing I have to add to the AL discussion: that album is one of her most artistic and meaningful albums. I adore it.

This is true! I've never been disappointed with any of her albums. I always find several gems on her albums even on albums of hers that were supposed flops (I know she's never had a true flop. Just referring to what the media and some haters have said). This is why M will always get my money because I know the product will be good.

I'm sure "Rebel Heart" will be another great album to add to the collection

I love my Queen M!

Pretty much all the time. Someone will make a comment exactly like you did in this thread and everyone will crawl out the woodwork saying its so misunderstood, her most political, musically experimental, etc. and how it was a big injustice that it flopped... then we talk about the pulled video and supposed radio boycotts. Its the stock standard American Life conversation that happens every other week.

Trust me, it is not underrated or forgotten on this board.

Nothing on here is underrated, we even hold vigils for Bedtime Stories. Soon we will be doing the same to Hard Candy. :rotfl:

Not only vigils :) but it seems like there is a birthday every day on Madonnanation:

Happy 4.5 birthday celebration single

Sweet 16 Ray Of Light

Happy belated birthday to the demos from Rebel Heart

My Cherish cassingle just celebrated it's bamitzva

Happy Ramadan to non single Issac

Madonna has so many excellent albums that even a couple of bad albums do not really affect her great legacy. I personally think that Hard Candy IS a bad album, but it is an exception. All other albums (even MDNA) has at least a couple of good memorable tracks.

And only thing I have to add to the AL discussion: that album is one of her most artistic and meaningful albums. I adore it.

Totally agree. I can't get enough of it. It has only grown on me with the passage of time, and I loved it right out of the gate.

...you may kill me but... i never listen to the first 4 albums :D

i have a few songs from these first 4 albums on my ipod...

Then you've got homework, mister.

homework?.. :p like what

Oops. I thought you said you've never listened to those 4 in their entirety. My bad.

Sorry, I have the flu and I am seeing things I guess.

Some of those things are cool though. :)

...you may kill me but... i never listen to the first 4 albums :D

i have a few songs from these first 4 albums on my ipod...

I'm kind of the same with the first three as I mainly just listen to the singles from them. It's mainly from Like a Prayer onward that i listen to in full. Madonna, Like a Virgin and True Blue to an extent aren't very cohesive so it doesn't really require you to listen to the whole album to gain the most fulfillment. They're still great pop albums though.

I think I have said this before, but in case...during the 80s I liked madonna, but I really loved Prince, more than anybody, and of course, Michael.NOwadays I´m still a Prince fan, but because of his work during the 80s.His 90s were Ok, but the rest...And something similar happened with MJ. But with madonna, she could have appeared in the 90s, 00s, or this decade, and I know I would be in love with her music.No, she has never have a boring album.Some are better than others, some are classics, some are not...but all of them have interesting music.

The only weird album is MDNA because is a bit schizofrenic, but once you know her you accept the sequence and that's all. Hard Candy was a bit weird too because it was a big change for Madonna to approach music and most of us didn't understand it at first. But i dont' think she has a bad album. She has better albums than others, though.

The thing about Madonna is that she has so many different albums that it's almost impossible for one person to just love them all. But everyone can love a portion of albums out of her discography for sure. Some love Erotica, True Blue, Hard Candy,; others prefer Ray of Light, American Life, Confessions. There is something for everybody!

I'll be your one stop candy shop

Everything that I got

When I make a CD for a new friend of Madonna's music, I always end up selecting songs that are suitable to that particular person and they end up falling in love with her!