Madonna has no bad albums

Shane

I'm the same, I always get obsessed with the previous album when the new album begins, I think it's because it hits me that that era is officially in the past now. I've listened to MDNA a few times recently, it's a fun album with some great songs, the flow of the album doesn't bother me anymore as I'm used to it.

Her run of studio albums from 1989-1998 (Like A Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories and Ray Of Light) are, in my opinion, the greatest run of consistently great music of ANY music artist male or female of modern times.

Like if you listen to those in succession, her creativity was at an unsurpassed level...just incredible stuff.

Guest PRPapi

I whole-heartedly agree that MOST of her albums are excellent - 92.30% of them (based on 13 albums, counting IB) - and that NO other artist has anything CLOSE to her quality output! However, I really don't like LAV and I can't even remember the last time I played that album. :-/

Guest PRPapi

The thing about Madonna is that she has so many different albums that it's almost impossible for one person to just love them all. But everyone can love a portion of albums out of her discography for sure. Some love Erotica, True Blue, Hard Candy,; others prefer Ray of Light, American Life, Confessions. There is something for everybody!

I'll be your one stop candy shop

Everything that I got

When I make a CD for a new friend of Madonna's music, I always end up selecting songs that are suitable to that particular person and they end up falling in love with her!

THIS! YES!

Madonna's discography is amazing...

In 200 years, when people will want to listen to the different genres and evolutions of our century's music, all they'll have to do is listen to Madonna's music. It's the best of every trend of the last 30 years (and still going on).

I've never disliked any Madonna album, and I know very few will agree with me, but the album I liked the least was probably Ray of Light. I thought it was ok and have only listened to it in its entirety a few times. On the other hand, I've been listening to both Bedtime Stories and the Who's That Girl Soundtrack Madonna tracks for 20 years at least once a week and most fans think that's a week album. True Blue is probably my favourite though, followed by the first album and Like a Virgin. So my tastes are odd compared to most fans.

Madonna's discography is amazing...

In 200 years, when people will want to listen to the different genres and evolutions of our century's music, all they'll have to do is listen to Madonna's music. It's the best of every trend of the last 30 years (and still going on).

All she has left is to do a rock album that she never got to record when she was starting out. Plus, she is in the R and R hall of fame, she has to now :smile:

MDNA is bad! I cant stand it. I couldn't get into it at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE American Life its one of my favourites

:laugh: Two of my very favorites. I am guessing you at least liked Falling Free?

Hard Candy and MDNA (plus the new entries on Celebration) are her weakest efforts. There are so many levels to rate something this subjective on, but to me Hard Candy is her worst, most dire effort yet it's more cohesive than MDNA which had a handful of fantastic songs but was a rushed-sounding, random mess. Still, I like more songs on MDNA than I could ever stomach on Hard Candy.

Though, as said earlier even her very worst is better than what most pop tarts put out as their absolute best.

I used to really dislike Hard Candy. Miles Away and Give it 2 Me were the only songs I enjoyed. But I befriended a couple of black friends who happened to love the album and saw HC through their eyes and totally fell in love with it. I think it's all a matter of perspective and comfort zone. Some of us don't like to be challenged by different types of music too much.

I befriended a couple of black friends who happened to love the album and saw HC through their eyes and totally fell in love with it. I think it's all a matter of perspective and comfort zone. Some of us don't like to be challenged by different types of music too much.

:blink:

That's presumptuous as fuck and most of us listen to a wide variety of music while keeping friends of all races, ages, name it. I don't listen to albums through a friend's ears, but rather my own.

:blink:

That's presumptuous as fuck and most of us listen to a wide variety of music while keeping friends of all races, ages, name it. I don't listen to albums through a friend's ears, but rather my own.

Yes, agree totally. People like some albums, don't like others - all personal taste. It should be totally your own reaction, not what someone else thinks.

I've never disliked any Madonna album, and I know very few will agree with me, but the album I liked the least was probably Ray of Light. I thought it was ok and have only listened to it in its entirety a few times. On the other hand, I've been listening to both Bedtime Stories and the Who's That Girl Soundtrack Madonna tracks for 20 years at least once a week and most fans think that's a week album. True Blue is probably my favourite though, followed by the first album and Like a Virgin. So my tastes are odd compared to most fans.

mkdn.gif

I used to really dislike Hard Candy. Miles Away and Give it 2 Me were the only songs I enjoyed. But I befriended a couple of black friends who happened to love the album and saw HC through their eyes and totally fell in love with it. I think it's all a matter of perspective and comfort zone. Some of us don't like to be challenged by different types of music too much.

Hard Candy has some amazing production but lyrically its pretty simple compared to her other albums. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not a challenging album.

All she has left is to do a rock album that she never got to record when she was starting out. Plus, she is in the R and R hall of fame, she has to now :smile:

I always wondered what a Madonna rock album would sound like, Cher kind of did that rock thing in the 80s, but for some reason I can't imagine Madonna doing rock or heavy metal. However, she has always been one to surprise us.

I always wondered what a Madonna rock album would sound like, Cher kind of did that rock thing in the 80s, but for some reason I can't imagine Madonna doing rock or heavy metal. However, she has always been one to surprise us.

I love NY ( igttyas) and im in love with loce are probably the closest thing she has

she doesn't have a bad album however she does have a bad remix album. Compared to you can dance, Remixed and revisited sux donkey dix. I prefer the American Life version of all the songs on R&R