New Album Thread - without Demos

Yeah. This is like saying why she used MDNA instead of MDMA. :lol:

I was gonna say that but I just didn't even want to go there...I was afraid of the explanations for that! Are these newbies that are questioning the spelling? I'd love to know.

You guys never heard of playing with words and spellings that may have other meanings? Wow this whole VVV thing really has certain people riled up! I wonder how you guys feel about "Ghosttown"

"I came I saw I conquered"

Changing up the spelling of Vidi to VEdi when it's pronounced the same but has another layer of meaning (in any other language) is something she possibly did! That's all we're saying! Sheesh!

Don't bother boo. Some folks are just too literal...

Where in the lyrics does Madonna say "Bedtime Story" in Bedtime Story? What about Intervention?

It doesn't have to be literal and be featured in the actual song yall.

Well, it's been corrected on itunes to Veni Vidi Vici.

Who knew Madonna was such a bad speller?

From all of her handwritten notes in the past that we've had the chance to see, she always came across as well read.

And seriously you think Madonna HERSELF put it up on iTunes? I really don't think so. She may be a mediocre speller on Instagram but I still don't think she put those song titles up herself.

Am i the only one thinking they will give 2 songs or 3 (with living for love) by pre order

and the rest 5 will be album only from february 9?

I mean we dont know yet if the 19th track album is the standard or the deluxe

And seriously you think Madonna HERSELF put it up on iTunes? I really don't think so. She may be a mediocre speller on Instagram but I still don't think she put those song titles up herself.

No, but lets be real... there's been a whole lot of misspellings these days. It's embarrassing.

And as the writer of her songs, I'm sure she submits the titles to whoever is responsible for getting them to iTunes.

I hope it's not her making them, as I always thought she had a sophisticated grasp of the english language and literature.

But, there is that glaring mistake in "Music" where she sings "the bourgeoise and the rebel" when the term is meant to be "rabble".

But maybe she just thought "rabble" wouldn't be a good fit for a pop song?

Why is everyone being so sensitive? People only suggested it was a typo and everyone is going batshit over it. Anyway I'm glad it turned out to be a typo. I'm sorry but as a former Latin student I just won't take any changes over that iconic quote. :queenbitch:

Thank you, JimmyJimmy! It turns out that I was correct in pointing it out. I don't have a problem with a play on words. I just had a feeling that wasn't the case with VVV. I may be new, but I'm not stupid.

Edited by Maverick84

Well, it's been corrected on itunes to Veni Vidi Vici.

Who knew Madonna was such a bad speller?

From all of her handwritten notes in the past that we've had the chance to see, she always came across as well read.

:manson:

Clearly she is well read...how does a spelling error erase her proven intelligence?

:manson:

Clearly she is well read...how does a spelling error erase her proven intelligence?

I never said she wasn't intelligent. I think she's a freaking genius.

My comment about her spelling was in regards to her instagram posts in the past month, more than VVV.

It's just deflating to think she doesn't know the difference between their, they're and there.

But I still love her, her music, and her everything.

Edited by mtsanis

My comment about her spelling was in regards to her instagram posts in the past month, more than VVV.

It's just deflating to think she doesn't know the difference between their, they're and there.

Some other user already mentioned that she may have used a speech to text software. The software in many cases is unable to figure out what term she means since they all sound the same. Of course she could have checked the text before posting it. But maybe she simply doesn't care if she still gets her message across.

Why is everyone being so sensitive? People only suggested it was a typo and everyone is going batshit over it. Anyway I'm glad it turned out to be a typo. I'm sorry but as a former Latin student I just won't take any changes over that iconic quote. :queenbitch:

i think it's because for every stupid little thing related to madonna gets blown out of proportion. remember she's not even allowed to support je suis charlie or honouring MLK without being called a racist. they'll jump on anything. i think we're just a bit protective of her because of all the silliness lately. the "vedi" explanation from Mensch also made sense in a way. M often plays with letters/words. but if it was an error and its fixed now then i assume we can stop discussing it ;)

Some other user already mentioned that she may have used a speech to text software. The software in many cases is unable to figure out what term she means since they all sound the same. Of course she could have checked the text before posting it. But maybe she simply doesn't care if she still gets her message across.

That makes sense!

Also, she probably has peeps posting on her behalf on instagram here and there.

I work in advertising, and virtually no one handles their own social media accounts, at least not fully.

Anyway... back to the album, can't wait to hear what Kanye did with Holy Water. Is that true or just a rumor?

Edited by mtsanis

Well, you definitely implied she isn't well read because of spelling mistakes. I don't know how you associate the two

Well, you definitely implied she isn't well read because of spelling mistakes. I don't know how you associate the two

People who read a lot, tend to be better spellers, due to their frequent exposure to words.

Unless she's dyslexic?

Buuuuuut, if she really isn't a bad speller, and she's using some speech to text software, oh for fuck's sake... i really don't give a shit anymore.

They're. Satisfied?

Edited by mtsanis

People who read a lot, tend to be better spellers, due to their frequent exposure to words.

Unless she's dyslexic?

Buuuuuut, if she really isn't a bad speller, and she's using some speech to text software, oh for fuck's sake... i really don't give a shit anymore.

They're. Satisfied?

Very funny :lmao: