New Album Thread - without Demos

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Yeah but it could be a reference to Grace...I was thinking more along the lines of diplo's reggae-tinged productions. Maybe there's another one they haven't released or that we don't know about!

from wiki:

To "trip the light fantastic" is to dance nimbly or lightly, or to move in a pattern to musical accompaniment.[1] It is often used in a humorous vein.[2][3]As early as 1908 it was viewed as a cliché or hackneyed phrase.[4] Grammatically, it is an example of a constructionally idiosyncratic idiom,[5] in that it is impossible to construct a meaningful literal-scene from the formal structure.[6] As such it should be viewed as a catena.

Just a random idea that popped into my mind. Should there come a tour at some point... envision this:

The lights go out, a curtain rises, a big glass pyramid is revealed on stage, completely see-through, with a giant stage spanning videowall behind it. Darkness, flickering rights. Then, the first musical notes, dark, moody, dangerous. The bassline of "Illuminati", slowed down. The tension builds, a very long extended intro when all of a sudden a flash of light appears to enlighten the pyramid from the inside out and a ball of light seems to be floating inside the pyramid (a sign of the Illuminati). All the lights on stage are white or silvery. The ball of light starts to pulsate to the music. Madonna's voice starts to sing, the first verse is broken up sentence by sentence. As a name is mentioned the ball of light starts to morph into a floating hologram of the mentioned name/celebrity or institution, from Beyonce to the Queen Elizabeth, all in holographic form. Floating in mid air inside the pyramid. As she sings "the all seeing eye is watching tonight" a giant graphic eye appears on the videoscreen behind the pyramid and starts scanning the room. Pounding bass. The music calms down "It's the enlightenment that started it all", piercing white lasers start to grow and scan through the room, creating triangular shapes in the air and around the glass pyramid. As dancers enter the stage in egyptian garb, similar to the Super Bowl performance, but all in silver and white tones. As Madonna's voice ends the final bridge with the repetitive "it starts tonight, tonight, tonight", the lights all seem to dim, all the dancers take a pose and start to clap their hands in a very robotic vogue-ish kind of way. During the finale of the song, which is also extended, the lights start to strobe faster and faster, the lasers flash and the pyramid appears to fill itself with light as the previously mentioned celebrities flash in front of our eyes at a very rapid pace. The vocodered part "Everybody in the party's shining like Illuminati" echoes through the room with a pounding bassline and the clapping rings through everyone's ears. The lights strobe faster and faster untill as by magic the pyramid fills itself completely with bright white light, then a final flicker and Madonna appears, standing inside the glass pyramid, with fans blowing up air making her hair twirl, dressed in a tight silver futuristic, armour like outfit covered in diamonds and sparkling elements as if she is light itself. Pause for effect, silence for a brief moment, roaring applause, the pyramid starts to rise into the air. Madonna steps out and a new song starts, which I can't mention because it's a demo, but the song really delivers a promise that it's going to be the best night of our lives (midway through the song it segues back and forth into "Justify My Love"! Fully egyptian themed, but this time not in warm golden tones, but all silver and sleek.

The hologram technique I have in mind was used in an Alexander McQueen show back in 2006, with a floating Kate Moss inside a glass pyramid:

Just a random idea that popped into my mind. Should there come a tour at some point... envision this:

The lights go out, a curtain rises, a big glass pyramid is revealed on stage, completely see-through, with a giant stage spanning videowall behind it. Darkness, flickering rights. Then, the first musical notes, dark, moody, dangerous. The bassline of "Illuminati", slowed down. The tension builds, a very long extended intro when all of a sudden a flash of light appears to enlighten the pyramid from the inside out and a ball of light seems to be floating inside the pyramid (a sign of the Illuminati). All the lights on stage are white or silvery. The ball of light starts to pulsate to the music. Madonna's voice starts to sing, the first verse is broken up sentence by sentence. As a name is mentioned the ball of light starts to morph into a floating hologram of the mentioned name/celebrity or institution, from Beyonce to the Queen Elizabeth, all in holographic form. Floating in mid air inside the pyramid. As she sings "the all seeing eye is watching tonight" a giant graphic eye appears on the videoscreen behind the pyramid and starts scanning the room. Pounding bass. The music calms down "It's the enlightenment that started it all", piercing white lasers start to grow and scan through the room, creating triangular shapes in the air and around the glass pyramid. As dancers enter the stage in egyptian garb, similar to the Super Bowl performance, but all in silver and white tones. As Madonna's voice ends the final bridge with the repetitive "it starts tonight, tonight, tonight", the lights all seem to dim, all the dancers take a pose and start to clap their hands in a very robotic vogue-ish kind of way. During the finale of the song, which is also extended, the lights start to strobe faster and faster, the lasers flash and the pyramid appears to fill itself with light as the previously mentioned celebrities flash in front of our eyes at a very rapid pace. The vocodered part "Everybody in the party's shining like Illuminati" echoes through the room with a pounding bassline and the clapping rings through everyone's ears. The lights strobe faster and faster untill as by magic the pyramid fills itself completely with bright white light, then a final flicker and Madonna appears, standing inside the glass pyramid, with fans blowing up air making her hair twirl, dressed in a tight silver futuristic, armour like outfit covered in diamonds and sparkling elements as if she is light itself. Pause for effect, silence for a brief moment, roaring applause, the pyramid starts to rise into the air. Madonna steps out and a new song starts, which I can't mention because it's a demo, but the song really delivers a promise that it's going to be the best night of our lives (midway through the song it segues back and forth into "Justify My Love"! Fully egyptian themed, but this time not in warm golden tones, but all silver and sleek.

The hologram technique I have in mind was used in an Alexander McQueen show back in 2006, with a floating Kate Moss inside a glass pyramid:

Love this idea!!!!!!

"Lots of people sing about being in love and being happy, or they write about having a broken heart and being inconsolable," Madonna says. "But nobody writes about having a broken heart and being hopeful and triumphant afterward. That was my challenge. I didn't want to be a victim."

I cannot remember when we first saw a track list for MDNA. Anyone? Less than eight weeks to go. Do you think we'll learn the tracklist, or not until March 9 lol?

Did we know at this point (eight weeks out) that there were going to be two different covers for MDNA?

I cannot remember when we first saw a track list for MDNA. Anyone? Less than eight weeks to go. Do you think we'll learn the tracklist, or not until March 9 lol?

Did we know at this point (eight weeks out) that there were going to be two different covers for MDNA?

I think she appeared on Graham norton show in February I think and that's when the album title was revealed which was barely two months before the release. We only knew about the deluxe cover for several weeks too. As for track list, I seem to remember we knew the titles before launch but the order kept changing.as to what went on the deluxe and the standard versions.

I think we will know the track list before the launch though to build momentum. She needs to get the number one slot in the US and UK to get positive reports so they will really promote this.

According to my notes, I believe the track list was known on February 2 when iTunes posted the information on the deluxe edition with 15 names revealed. So 2 months prior (give or take a few days) to the album release.

We should know the tracklist very soon as they were mastering the album last weekend & u only do that once the album's track sequence has been decided on. At the very latest we should know it by the Grammy's (Feb 8) which is exactly one month from the album's release.

from madonnaunderground:

If things go as planned there will be three different CD releases for Rebel Heart in Holland

-Standard

-CD Deluxe

-CD Super Deluxe

And yes there will also be a vinyl edition! Unfortunately there is no physical CD single planned for Living For Love

Amazon in the US lists 3 versions of Rebel Heart CD but there's no information except that one is "clean"

The clean version of this album will have only Living For Love :chuckle: Maybe that's why the single doesn't have a physical release planned :lmao:

Standard : 12-13 songs

Deluxe : 19 songs (the same we had on Itunes)

Super Deluxe (if that's true) : 19 songs + remixes probably + maybe one bonus track?

I kind of feel that the standard is 19 songs. When an artist talks about an album, they aren't usually talking about a deluxe edition, but the album proper. And Madonna has said the album has 19 songs.

I kind of feel that the standard is 19 songs. When an artist talks about an album, they aren't usually talking about a deluxe edition, but the album proper. And Madonna has said the album has 19 songs.

Actually, not with Madonna. Guy Oseary always said during MDNA that they considered as THE album the deluxe version.

Mmmm I also wondered if we were getting a Standard and Deluxe editions, so there will be another cover!

Btw, I think that she's gonna keep the tracklist secret till one or two weeks before the albums drops, because now that there's a lot of demos out there, if she reveals the tracklist now, we can make our album with the demos, and if she wait the surprise factor will be major also she can surprise us with new tracks like GT.