New Album Thread - without Demos

If they release a different version of LFL as single does it chart as if it was the "same song" as the already released one or it starts from zero?

Yes, it will chart as the same song, unless the melody line is significantly different :)

I wouldn't say it happens every time. I don't remember many people trashing ROL, Music, or Confessions when the follow-up album came out.

Oh, people trashed Confessions, on this forum at least. I remember that like it was yesterday, mostly becuz I defended the shit out of it. Hard Candy was a dark time 'round these parts. Everyone was fighting. I think most of us agree now that Confessions is a great album.

MDNA, Hard Candy, American Life... everyone has their redheaded stepchild album, for me it's probably American Life, even though I enjoy it just fine (was gonna say Hard Candy but eh, it's fun in retrospect and the tour is hella cute)

Diplo said on twitter last week that the album version of LFL is strong when some fan asked him about the mixing problem of LFL. I think the chance is slim that we will get another version of LFL so it's just all wishful thinking. I think the verison that we got fits the album more with its crisp industrial sound but it'd be nice to hear a finalized version of the demo.

I feel like you guys might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm not expecting it to happen though. The new mix definitely fits the sonic theme of the record way more than the deep house version.

I think she's creating another unique "Madonna" album essentially. That industrial-beat-driven vibe is coming together really well. She's not going to change LFL into a 90's dated Keiza track, even though at first I did love it more. Now I prefer the finished product in context of the rest of the songs etc...

I don't know why so many of you think there won't be another version of LFL, Madonna herself said back in December that another version with MNEK would be released at some point... Plus, it has been said (by Universal Germany if I'm correct) that the single will have two tracks.

I second that.

I had the craziest dream that everything that was released about the album was a complete lie. M dropped the album a month early and it featured a completely different cover art and a new track list with music we had no idea she made. There was even a new version of Miles Away she had done with Kanye as producer. It was one of those dreams where you wake up off and on and you're convinced it wasn't a dream. It was crazy.

I don't know why so many of you think there won't be another version of LFL, Madonna herself said back in December that another version with MNEK would be released at some point... Plus, it has been said (by Universal Germany if I'm correct) that the single will have two tracks.

It's called a 2-track single. Album version and a remix. They did this with Gimmie.

People are throwing around the phrase 'industrial sound' way too often in here, without even knowing what it means.

A lot of the songs so far have industrial elements (sounds). No one is saying she's Trent Reznor. Why don't you enlighten everyone on the "proper" usage of the term? So pretentious.

A lot of the songs so far have industrial elements (sounds). No one is saying she's Trent Reznor. Why don't you enlighten everyone on the "proper" usage of the term? So pretentious.

Oh wow, did I hit a nerve here? Shame, I thought you were a nice guy (at least that's what I got from your pm's back in the day).

And no, I won't enlighten anybody, I just commented on the exaggerated and sometimes incorrect usage of the word because I saw someone saying that LFL has industrial elements.

So, will the 14-track album:

- be the clean version without 5 explicit tracks

- have the same track listing as the 19-track album but end after WAOM

- be a random selection of 14 tracks?

I don't know what to think, all options seem rather odd. Some people refer to the 14-track album as the 'clean' version, other say it's the normal 'standard' version which means it's going to have most explicit tracks on it. I can't imagine her releasing the 14-track standard album called Rebel Heart without the song Rebel Heart on it....I don't know.

Amazon now has an additional CD format up for pre-orders.

The release is scheduled for 24 March.

The price is $ 33.99 on Amazon.com, 20.97 Euro on Amazon.de and 2,646 Yen on Amazon.co.jp.

Wait a minute! Did I miss something?

They were played 14 songs. How does that imply there is a 14 track album version that is "clean"? Sorry if I'm way off base. i just don't recall seeing anything implying there is an album version with less than 19 tracks included.

As for Living For Love, I totally have no idea how an interview that took place almost two months ago gives us insight regarding which version of the track was the single version. Madonna put out living for love in December because she felt she had to, and she may have jumped the gun slightly in some people's opinion, but it is something we will never know because it is just how the ball dropped. If there is another version of Living For Love to be released as a single in February, it will certainly be a surprise, and not an unpleasant one, but I don't think she would have released a version of the track as part of the the album preview only to then decide it wasn't the right version. That seem naive and like wishful thinking for those fans who haven't connected to the track.

I think that the industrial sound most people keep referring to is more aligned with the concept of dystopian or post-apocalyptic atmosphere. It's a mood more than a specific style.

Edited by MLVCPR

So, will the 14-track album:

- be the clean version without 5 explicit tracks

- have the same track listing as the 19-track album but end after WAOM

- be a random selection of 14 tracks?

I don't know what to think, all options seem rather odd. Some people refer to the 14-track album as the 'clean' version, other say it's the normal 'standard' version which means it's going to have most explicit tracks on it. I can't imagine her releasing the 14-track standard album called Rebel Heart without the song Rebel Heart on it....I don't know.

The "clean" version is the only one that makes sense. The other two (especially the second option) are highly improbable for the reasons you said.

People are throwing around the phrase 'industrial sound' way too often in here, without even knowing what it means.

People are using the word "industrial" in the same way they used "electronic" for ROL or "hip-hop" for HC. To help describe the sound. It's all pop music. People called Tori Amos' To Venus and Back album "industrial" too.

The "clean" version is the only one that makes sense. The other two (especially the second option) are highly improbable for the reasons you said.

People are using the word "industrial" in the same way they used "electronic" for ROL or "hip-hop" for HC. To help describe the sound. It's all pop music. People called Tori Amos' To Venus and Back album "industrial" too.

Yeah you're probably right. Didn't want to offend anyone with my remark.

This is the supposed 14 track version which excludes "Rebel Heart" of all tracks.

Source: http://cdon.se/musik/madonna/rebel_heart-31685889

Standard Version Tracklist:

Living For Love

Devil Pray

Ghosttown

Unapologetic Bitch

Illuminati

Bitch I'm Madonna feat. Nicki Minaj

Hold Tight

Joan of Arc

Iconic feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson

HeartBreakCity