New Album Thread - without Demos

I love it too, but I am not the fan to ask as I basically love everything she's ever done.

ME too! Haha thats why I can never be critically apart from that song on True Blue.

In Mojo magazine they say they heard two versions of Living for Love, the first Deep House 1989 style and the other one more EDM and layered (I think this must be the iTunes version). Both the magazine and Madonna agree they prefer the first one, so...why did she release the second one?

In Mojo magazine they say they heard two versions of Living for Love, the first Deep House 1989 style and the other one more EDM and layered (I think this must be the iTunes version). Both the magazine and Madonna agree they prefer the first one, so...why did she release the second one?

Now it makes sense. Probably a rushed decision because of the leaks.

Maybe they're referring to the leaked version?

I wouldn't say it happens every time. I don't remember many people trashing ROL, Music, or Confessions when the follow-up album came out.

Exactly. The fact is that the last two albums (and AL) have been pretty divisive.

Maybe they're referring to the leaked version?

Exactly. The fact is that the last two albums (and AL) have been pretty divisive.

AL is a grewat album. maybe it wasnt the commercial succeess she was hopingfor but the album is on point

My theory: she will perform the album version of Living For Love The Grammys (aka the version that she likes and the one that Diplo said was stronger than what we have) then that version will be the one that will go on sale that Monday as a solo "single" on iTunes and will be the one that is serviced to radio...

My theory: she will perform the album version of Living For Love The Grammys (aka the version that she likes and the one that Diplo said was stronger than what we have) then that version will be the one that will go on sale that Monday as a solo "single" on iTunes and will be the one that is serviced to radio...

I'm sure she will do something with the dubtronic extended remix :dramatic: She noticed the wonderful job and she'll use it for the Grammys or maybe on tour.

sounds like agreat way to make someextra cash. i think thismay have been her plan since december 20th

Wait... final version of LFL?! Don't we have it already?

Diplo said on twitter last week that the album version of LFL is strong when some fan asked him about the mixing problem of LFL. I think the chance is slim that we will get another version of LFL so it's just all wishful thinking. I think the verison that we got fits the album more with its crisp industrial sound but it'd be nice to hear a finalized version of the demo.

Excerpt from the MOJO interview - which was done in early December, a few weeks before the "big leak"

'There are currently 36 tracks in various stages of completion. [Madonna] winces when considering how she's going to edit them down:

"I'm dreading that moment." The 14 songs played to MOJO fall into two thematic camps: heartache and vulnerability (Joan Of Arc, Ghosttown) and fuck-you defiancy (Bitch I'm Madonna, Unapologetic Bitch), while others combine these conflicting emotions (Heartbreak City, Wash All Over Me).'

And a quote by Martin Solveig re: MDNA

'The overall vision around the [MDNA] album was creating tracks that would fit into the subsequent live show. I think from day one she had the movie of the show in her mind and if the songs we worked on fit that concept so much the better. We did six or seven tracks and, by today's standards, our studio collaboration was old school. [...] The first track we worked on was Give Me All Your Luvin'. I'd demoed it for her in a complete form but the first day I met her she told me: 'I like this song but if we're going to do it together we're going to re-do it together too.' We took everything out of the demo she didn't like: the snare drum, the vocal and from that skeleton track we built a new song.'

Interesting reads, IMO :)

If her team is clever enough, they would release the "final" version of LFL and promote the hell out of it. I never understood why they released the first single so early

Exactly and we havent even gotten a single cover artwork for Living For Love. So I'm thinking we are gonna get the actual album version/single before or after The Grammys