New Album Thread - without Demos

The 14-track version is NOT the standard edition. It's the edited/clean version without all the explicit tracks. MDNA had an edited standard version as well which was sold at Walmart, for example. The standard edition is the 19-track version of the album. The deluxe edition is the 25-track edition. France gets an exclusive bonus track added to their standard edition.

So we have:

Standard Edition: 19 tracks (explicit) / 14 tracks (clean)

Deluxe Edition: 25 tracks (explicit)

FNAC Exclusive Edition: 20 tracks (explicit)

None of these retailers have listed the 14 track as the "edited." It's all labelled as "standard." Look for yourself.

Just think, when we get the 2 more tracks in Feb, Rebel Heart will now have to same amount of tracks as her first album. And there's still so many to come!

well, it's also that some of her fans are parents themselves. my sister, a super fan, who has a 6 year old (who also is a Madonna freak) wouldn't want tracks with bitch, fuck and shit blaring through her stereo system. She still can't listen to "Gang Bang", "I Don't Give A" and "I Fucked Up", which in my opinion are of the best tracks on MDNA.

Well, it's true that maybe one little girl or boy will see the vid and fall in love with her, and the parents have a clean version to buy. To be fair, most of us knew her as little kids, i was 8 years old when i heard Like a Virgin. Of course nor I or my parents could talk English, so she could have sung "i fuck a zillion guys each week" and we all would have sung along :lmao:

Well, it's true that maybe one little girl or boy will see the vid and fall in love with her, and the parents have a clean version to buy. To be fair, most of us knew her as little kids, i was 8 years old when i heard Like a Virgin. Of course nor I or my parents could talk English, so she could have sung "i fuck a zillion guys each week" and we all would have sung along :lmao:

And afterwards the kid will go to Youtube and watch Erotica, JML, Blonde Ambition, The Girlie Show and MDNA Tour.

Makes perfect sense.

The early teen will be all rosy cheeked and blond and will say his prayers and the second the parents go to sleep the only sound that will be heard will be: flap, flap, flap while Madonna kisses Tony Ward

My mum tried to ban me from hearing erotica when I was 6 but she made the mistake of buying my brother the album for Christmas! "Glass smash... Bitch...." On repeat!

None of these retailers have listed the 14 track as the "edited." It's all labelled as "standard." Look for yourself.

I see. That's weird because it was completely different with MDNA. Why would they make all the explicit tracks INCLUDING the alternate choice for the 1st single BONUS TRACKS??? How fucking stupid is that. I hope it's just mislabeling...

Madonna herself said the plan was always to make a 19-track album. So the "complete" album would be the 19-track one and the explicit songs would not be bonus tracks. Otherwise it makes no sense to me.

I know this could seem lame given that many members listened to demos. But we've done this for new albums in the past, so for those who haven't listened, what songs are you most intrigued by based on titles? Or even titles and other people's comments, I suppose.

For me I am excited and intrigued by Joan of Arc, Heartbreak City, Body Shop, Holy Water, Wash All Over Me, and Messiah.

But really the whole thing. And yes, I am really just trying to find little ways to CARRY ON until March 10 :)

The titles I was most intrigued by were:

Holy Water, Body Shop, Wash All Over Me, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Inside Out & The One That Got Away.

Oh and by the way there is this really catchy and beautiful song that's always playing on the radio titled, "Habits (Stay High)". I wonder why ppl don't see it as explicit and mature content:

I eat my dinner in the bathtub

Then I go to sex clubs

Watching freaky people getting it on

I get home I got the munchies

Benge on all my twinkies

Throw up in the tub then I go to sleep

You're gone and I gotta stay high

All the time

To keep you of my mind

Censorship is hypocrisy in my opinion. It gives words like "fuck" or "bitch" more value than they have being what they are: words. And nothing beyond that. If you keep telling your children this and that is bad and offensive and won't let them watch this or that you're making it seem more interesting and intriguing to them.

I know this could seem lame given that many members listened to demos. But we've done this for new albums in the past, so for those who haven't listened, what songs are you most intrigued by based on titles? Or even titles and other people's comments, I suppose.

For me I am excited and intrigued by Joan of Arc, Heartbreak City, Body Shop, Holy Water, Wash All Over Me, and Messiah.

But really the whole thing. And yes, I am really just trying to find little ways to CARRY ON until March 10 :)

Actually the rest 13 songs.

Rebel Heart is the best album since Music! Bye

1510743_806277179444309_8405387873547659

Ok I don't get it! I love it, it makes me smile, but what is it? Just M taking away her last album and coming back with a better one??

Ok I don't get it! I love it, it makes me smile, but what is it? Just M taking away her last album and coming back with a better one??

It's the usual let's trash the previous album because we just can't enjoy the new one without trashing the previous one.

I love MDNA. It's disjointed but each track (bar a few) I think are excellent.

I love it too, but I am not the fan to ask as I basically love everything she's ever done.

:laugh: there are not really bad madonna albums . only good en fantastic madonna albums

hard to compare the albums true blue has 9 tracks

ray of light 13

rebel heart 19

Edited by skyfitswim

I don't mind sales, but I will be satisfied if this album isn't as polariziying among fans as HC and MDNA. It became incredibly tiredsome and i hope that after some of us have listened to the demos, people won't moan much in the future. I want a universally liked album like COADF or Music.

Yeah... It happens every time.

I wouldn't say it happens every time. I don't remember many people trashing ROL, Music, or Confessions when the follow-up album came out.