New Album Thread - without Demos

more often than not, a new Madonna album gets praised by the critics.

Yes. Even American Life and Hard Candy got some absolute rave reviews. She always gets at least a handful. I love her :)

Germany will be one of the first countries to get the new album as Rebel Heart will be out Friday, March 6th.
The following formats are planned for the German market (which is likely to mean that they will be the ones available in most of Europe):

• Rebel Heart – Standard (14 tracks)
  • Rebel Heart – Deluxe (19 tracks)
  • Rebel Heart – Super Deluxe Box [25 tracks)
  • Rebel Heart – Vinyl LP (19 tracks)

The final tracklistings will be available soon as wekk as the pre order for the deluxe versions on iTunes Germany.

Universal Music Germany plans to release a pyhsical 2-Track CD-Single for Living for Love.

Universal also told Spotlight that rumours about touring and performances in German television are not true.
The promotion in Germany will start with interviews to be taped in New York City for German television, with one of the confirmed networks being RTL.

-MadonnaTribe

Germany will be one of the first countries to get the new album as Rebel Heart will be out Friday, March 6th.

The following formats are planned for the German market (which is likely to mean that they will be the ones available in most of Europe):

• Rebel Heart Standard (14 tracks)
  • Rebel Heart Deluxe (19 tracks)
  • Rebel Heart Super Deluxe Box [25 tracks)
  • Rebel Heart Vinyl LP (19 tracks)

The final tracklistings will be available soon as wekk as the pre order for the deluxe versions on iTunes Germany.

Universal Music Germany plans to release a pyhsical 2-Track CD-Single for Living for Love.

Universal also told Spotlight that rumours about touring and performances in German television are not true.

The promotion in Germany will start with interviews to be taped in New York City for German television, with one of the confirmed networks being RTL.

-MadonnaTribe

Wonderful!

I work at a record store here and we have the super deluxe listed with 25 tracks, 2cd's, for March 24th.

If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with Confessions. The limited edition was released a couple of weeks after the album.

I work at a record store here and we have the super deluxe listed with 25 tracks, 2cd's, for March 24th.

If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with Confessions. The limited edition was released a couple of weeks after the album.

wht record store u work at?

Super Deluxe is only german?

I hope no ...

It's likely to be manufactured in Germany and distributed internationally. It's been like this through pretty much most of her career although occasional songs, especially earlier on were manufactured in other countries too.

I think this album has the potential to get good buzz/reviews, but she will likely have a big drop second week, regardless. And platinum, a top 10 single, rave reviews, and multiple awards are all not likely. Maybe one or two of those. These kinds of expectations are only going to result in disappointment. I think the album is likely to be received well and be one of her best in years, but we need to be realistic. It's not 1998 or even 2005 anymore.

You know I was thinking, if Taylor Swift stayed that long in the top charts, why can't Madonna? She will remain on top with great promotion. People are already starting to talk about her. And also, this isn't MDNA that had zero promotion and dropped in the second week. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm right :p

Ok then wait for February! With the video, Grammys, magazine covers, interviews (and hopefully a promo tour and more TV performances), people will be aware that M released new music! :serenade:

I pretty much repeated your other post. Lol didn't mean to. And I also agree with this post!! You're just been so spot on!! :D

You know I was thinking, if Taylor Swift stayed that long in the top charts, why can't Madonna? She will remain on top with great promotion. People are already starting to talk about her. And also, this isn't MDNA that had zero promotion and dropped in the second week. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm right :p

Because Taylor Swift isn't a 50+ year old pop star and she still gets lots of radio play.

We all want Madonna to be successful on the charts, but it's time we face facts: her legacy is secure. The album is going to be awesome and we are lucky to have had her as long as we have. Just appreciate the awesomeness of her creativity.

She will still do well around the world and the subsequent tour will be awesome. She doesn't need Taylor Swift's U.S. chart dominance. She's Madonna and she transcended that shackle long ago.

Because Taylor Swift isn't a 50+ year old pop star and she still gets lots of radio play.

We all want Madonna to be successful on the charts, but it's time we face facts: her legacy is secure. The album is going to be awesome and we are lucky to have had her as long as we have. Just appreciate the awesomeness of her creativity.

She will still do well around the world and the subsequent tour will be awesome. She doesn't need Taylor Swift's U.S. chart dominance. She's Madonna and she transcended that shackle long ago.

Yes that is true. KatyPatra, don't worry or fret if Madonna does not sell as much as Taylor Swift. Tween girls etc won't be rushing out to buy Madonna records in the first week but that does not matter. I personally never expect Madonna to sell as many as the latest pop girl darlings as it does not even matter at this stage in her career. She is an absolute superstar and the same young pop girls can only dream of selling what Madonna is selling 30 years on in their careers. There is no comparison.

The critics loved the music and there was more than one publication, including Time, that said if the rest of the tracks measure up, this will be her best album in years. I feel certain they will, and that we are assured (I like how many of us speak as though we are on her team lol) of a critical smash. Because she is Madonna, she will open large at number one. Due to her promo, she should have a decent second week. Do I think US radio is going to support her? Probably not as they are fuck wads. Do I think she will have Swiftian sales figures? Probably not. But she will go platinum, add another top 10 single to her legacy, win rave reviews and multiple awards, and have yet another successful era thirty years into her career. Furthermore, the success of this era will have people excited for her next album, and thus we will have a two consecutive knockout streak similar to ROL-Music. Why is this? Because she is Madonna, the greatest pop musician of our times. Thank you.

MDNA was only gold even with Super Bolw and ticket bundle and sales have plummeted ever since, it would be a HUGE deal if this album will go platinum with 1000000 sales.