New Album Thread - without Demos

And seriously you think Madonna HERSELF put it up on iTunes? I really don't think so. She may be a mediocre speller on Instagram but I still don't think she put those song titles up herself.

Oh god, i think he does.

This whole new wave of newbies is actually scary. :lol:

Suedehead once suggested IQ tests in the registering form.

but if it was an error and its fixed now then i assume we can stop discussing it ;)

Ya, it's fixed. I'm still not sure why my intelligence as a "newbie" was questioned though. Despite what several people argued, there was no double entendre or word play involved. There was nothing for anyone to "get". Anyways, I'm willing to forgive lol. I'm very excited about the album and look forward to meeting other fans here.

Edited by Maverick84

No. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed.

i can 't see how something so minor can keep him from continuing his work with madonna. that requires one week recovery at most.

Vedi is not latin, though and even with his explanation it would make no sense because she clearly says "Veni Vidi Vici". That is a quote by Cesar, meaning "I came, I saw, I conquered" which is what she's actually singing in the song.

although u are absolutely right about the " veni vidi vici" quote, im convinced it is not a typo. i remember Madonna hashtaging a post on IG from last summer or fall and it was written as vedi. I thought it was a mistake on her part by not paying attention. i guess it wasnt. the vedi was planned all along.

You guys never heard of playing with words and spellings that may have other meanings? Wow this whole VVV thing really has certain people riled up! I wonder how you guys feel about "Ghosttown"

im assuming the ghosttown spelling was done intentionally to facilitate searches for her music online. typing ghost town into any search engine will just gve u a whole bunch of images of tumble weed.

same goes for heartbreakeCity

It's driving me crazy!

Manson has a song and he cleverly says "love is evol, con is confidence, Eros is sore, sin is sincere"

Go tweet him about mispelling evil!!!! He'll fucking shove a fist up your ass.

Is everyone crying about HeartBreakCity too??! Are these all MISTAKES!?

i love manson

Vedi is not latin, though and even with his explanation it would make no sense because she clearly says "Veni Vidi Vici". That is a quote by Cesar, meaning "I came, I saw, I conquered" which is what she's actually singing in the song.

vedi is a first name, in italian for females. like Vedi Ciccone

Well, it's been corrected on itunes to Veni Vidi Vici.

Who knew Madonna was such a bad speller?

From all of her handwritten notes in the past that we've had the chance to see, she always came across as well read.

how could she make such mistakes?

And seriously you think Madonna HERSELF put it up on iTunes? I really don't think so. She may be a mediocre speller on Instagram but I still don't think she put those song titles up herself.

someone should be fired at iTunes or on her team. such careless errors reflect badly on her.

No, but lets be real... there's been a whole lot of misspellings these days. It's embarrassing.

And as the writer of her songs, I'm sure she submits the titles to whoever is responsible for getting them to iTunes.

I hope it's not her making them, as I always thought she had a sophisticated grasp of the english language and literature.

But, there is that glaring mistake in "Music" where she sings "the bourgeoise and the rebel" when the term is meant to be "rabble".

But maybe she just thought "rabble" wouldn't be a good fit for a pop song?

i'm in agreeance

:manson:

Clearly she is well read...how does a spelling error erase her proven intelligence?

every one on this board has no doubt in our minds that she is an incredibly intelligent woman. but the fact remains, that such an error is asking for the daily mails of this world to question her intellect and down right call her illiterate

Why is everyone being so sensitive? People only suggested it was a typo and everyone is going batshit over it. Anyway I'm glad it turned out to be a typo. I'm sorry but as a former Latin student I just won't take any changes over that iconic quote. :

I think your overall attitude and penchant for knowing everything might be putting a few people on edge, I wouldn't call it being sensitive.

Calling people out for being liars on 2 forums (that I've seen) is another clue that you might be overdoing a bit. I'm all for good natured debate, and being right feels good when it happens, but you're setting yourself up to be called out yourself at the first sign of a mistake.

There's a right way and wrong way of doing things around here, and keeping in mind that we all have different senses of humor, you might to try a more fun approach. Post after post after post of the same thing gets boring anyway.

I never said she wasn't intelligent. I think she's a freaking genius.

My comment about her spelling was in regards to her instagram posts in the past month, more than VVV.

It's just deflating to think she doesn't know the difference between their, they're and there.

But I still love her, her music, and her everything.

everyone on this board has no doubt in their minds thatshe is an incredibly intellgent individual however, the fact remains that such a error is just begging tthe daily mails of this world to question her intellect and down right call her illiterate or worse

everyone on this board has no doubt in their minds thatshe is an incredibly intellgent individual however, the fact remains that such a error is just begging tthe daily mails of this world to question her intellect and down right call her illiterate or worse

Preach.

10407486_10200344438489503_8501047804830

I actually remember this being on TV. The actual episode, I mean. It was during the launch of The Girlie Show in the UK and I was just a few weeks away from seeing it in Toronto from the 9th row.

Yes lucky Aussie's get RH on March 6 :

http://auspop.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/madonna-album-go-for-march-06.html

YES!!! :Disco_Ball:

Great! Damn it's going to be a hard weekend, I wanna wait till I have the album in my hands to listen to it, so I better stay away from the internet the days before the 10th lol