New Album Thread - without Demos

Just listenend to the songs on Spotify (which I'm not crazy about - prefer Rdio). I think they do sound a bit clearer and crisper. For example, in Living for Love maybe she sounds a bit less nasal? And the bass pumps a bit harder in the second verse?

Or am I hearing things?

The production in these songs is so rich and there are so many different layers to them that maybe it's natural to get the impression you're hearing different things upon each listen?

I hope she just just performs and presents an award. Those Life Time achievement awards are so tacky! Has she every actually said yes to receiving one?

That article looks super fake. But she really really should perform, the UK would love it!

This is Living for Love

The first version (The December 20th release) has a running time of 3:38.499

The new one is 3:38.778

Here is what the old one looks like:

old.png

And the new one:

updated.png

Here is them mixed together, which shows the difference:

mixed.png

So any ides how can I get hold of the remastered version of LFL? I've already pre-ordered the album.

I just went into my iTunes library folder, and moved the Rebel Heart album to my desktop (so i can retain the original 6 files), then deleted the album in itunes.

After that I went to the itunes store, to my account, then hidden purchases. From there I was able to re-download the songs.

This is Living for Love

The first version (The December 20th release) has a running time of 3:38.499

The new one is 3:38.778

Here is what the old one looks like:

old.png

And the new one:

updated.png

Here is them mixed together, which shows the difference:

mixed.png

Interesting!

I just went into my iTunes library folder, and moved the Rebel Heart album to my desktop (so i can retain the original 6 files), then deleted the album in itunes.

After that I went to the itunes store, to my account, then hidden purchases. From there I was able to re-download the songs.

Thanks! Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Maybe it's just my store. Did the cover also change for the songs (parental advisory sticker)?

Thanks! Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Maybe it's just my store. Did the cover also change for the songs (parental advisory sticker)?

Yes, the cover changed in the U.S.

And I mentioned previously that I heard distinct differences on Ghosttown, but I was wrong. I was listening with hi-end headphones on when I downloaded the new versions, which sounded drastically different compared to how I have been listening to the tracks (regular ear buds at the gym, on my home system, or in my car).

I kept the originals on my desktop so I could compare the two, but the microphone sound is still there. For the record though, i think it's perfection as it is.

I deleted the album on iTunes and iCloud. Then I was freaked out as it didn't appear under "purchased" link on the main iTunes page. So I went into "my account" and found an option there to unhide purchased songs. After that I was able to redownload them.

The songs sound better and more clear. By the end if LFL the female backing vocal sings "not gonna stop, not giving up" and it's a lot more clear than on a previous version.

As for Ghosttown, I don't think it's a page flipping sound. I think it's Madonna opening her moist mouth. I like it as it indicates that she sings raw and live.

But can we just stop talking about that already? The Ghosttown sound effects are intentional! I am not the smartest of the bunch but I realized it at the first listen. I was surprised when people thought it was a sound error...

Want to listen to Rebel Heart in HIGH QUALITY? Try TIDAL hifi, also known as WIMP hifi. Its over 20 million songs in CD quality, including the Madonna discography.

Most of the music on iTunes is only a third of the information of real CD resolution. You will hear the difference.

Want to listen to Rebel Heart in HIGH QUALITY? Try TIDAL hifi, also known as WIMP hifi. Its over 20 million songs in CD quality, including the Madonna discography.

Most of the music on iTunes is only a third of the information of real CD resolution. You will hear the difference.

Obvious spam and needs to be banned

Yupp the cover changes

I'm in the U.S.

Really all you have to do is delete it from your iTunes then download it again from your cloud

The album cover is glorious. That face is a work of art.

Going through my cds today, I was thinking how she has by far the best album covers of any artist in my collection. And best albums, period.

Obvious spam and needs to be banned

No, I just really enjoy music in general with good quality audio resolution. Hense the name hififreak.

Alot of people are mentioning Spotify and iTunes over and over, so they should be banned too?? Moron...

FYI, hi-fi is short for high fidelity, wich translates into high accuracy. What the discussion in this thread is all about: whats the accurat version or not.

Yupp the cover changes
I'm in the U.S.
Really all you have to do is delete it from your iTunes then download it again from your cloud

excuse me, but i don't know really well how itunes works... i have to do the re-download from the cloud or i can do it from the itunes store (from the purchased albums section)? i ask cause i don't have the cloud...

No, I just really enjoy music in general with good quality audio resolution. Hense the name hififreak.

Alot of people are mentioning Spotify and iTunes over and over, so they should be banned too?? Moron...

FYI, hi-fi is short for high fidelity, wich translates into high accuracy. What the discussion in this thread is all about: whats the accurat version or not.

:thumbsup:

I thought this was spam! :lmao::lmao:

Someone said she released MDNA track list (albeit in the wrong order) seven weeks before release. Well it's now seven weeks to Rebel Heart.

God I am so desperate :lmao:

^ I have a feeling she won't be releasing the final tracklist until the next back of songs are released. With all the demos out there, they probably want to retain what little mystery they can.

^ I have a feeling she won't be releasing the final tracklist until the next back of songs are released. With all the demos out there, they probably want to retain what little mystery they can.

Yeah I think you are correct. Only three more weeks if that's the case!

Final tracklist according to iTunes:

1. Living For Love

2. Devil Pray

3. Ghosttown

4. Unapologetic Bitch

5. Illuminati

6. Bitch I'm Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)

7. Hold Tight

8. Joan of Arc

9. Iconic (feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)

10. HeartBreakCity

11. Body Shop

12. Holy Water

13. Inside Out

14. Wash All Over Me

15. Best Night

16. Veni Vedi Vici (feat. Nas)

17. S.E.X.

18. Messiah

19. Rebel Heart

Physical formats according to Universal France:

Standard CD - 14 tracks

Deluxe CD - 19 tracks

Super Deluxe CD box set - 25 tracks

Special FNAC Edition CD - 20 tracks

Vinyl = same tracklist as Deluxe CD.

What in the actual hell is a FNAC edition?

In any case, if this is really true, I couldn't be any more happier. 6 songs on top of the 19 we'll definitely get! Hope these are new songs too and not just remixes.

What in the actual hell is a FNAC edition?

FNAC is a french chain of cultural shops, like Virgin. The source that you're talking about is Universal France, that's why...