New Album Thread - without Demos

A standard CD-R [...] has a storage capacity of 74 minutes of audio or 650 MB of data. CD-R/RWs are available with capacities of 80 minutes of audio or 700 MB, which they achieve by molding the disc at the tightest allowable tolerances specified in the Orange Book CD-R/CD-RW standards.

Despite the foregoing, most CD-Rs on the market have an 80 minute capacity. There are also 90 minute/790 MiB and 99 minute/870 MiB discs, although they are less common (and depart from the Orange Book standard outright). Also, due to the limitations of the data structures in the ATIP (see below), 90 and 99 minute blanks will identify as 80 minute ones. (As the ATIP is part of the Orange Book standard, it is natural that its design does not support some nonstandard disc configurations.) Therefore, in order to use the additional capacity, these discs have to be burned using "overburn" options in the CD recording software. (Overburning itself is so named because it is outside the written standards, but, due to market demand, it has nonetheless become a de facto standard function in most CD writing drives and software for them.)

I wouldn't worry so much about disc length(especially for CD-R's which are very different from CD-DA), this is a digital release after-all!!

Jesus Christ the CD runtime is NOT 1:32:15! Do some simple math people!

IKR. Don't know the exact length, but just looking at the tracklist the average length of a song is slightly below 4 minutes - multiply this with 19 and you will get a figure below 80.

I feel like an elementary school teacher here :D

Oh and it wouldn't surpise me if they release rhe tracklist around the time of the grammys!!! I guess a second press release will happen too

last night my job played living for love, and ghost town!!

i was surprised to hear living for love, and just shocked to hear ghost town!! As expected, i was very happy.

this job also plays gimmie all your love daily too,lol, and no other madonna besides ray of light sometimes

Guest ditaluver

last night my job played living for love, and ghost town!!

i was surprised to hear living for love, and just shocked to hear ghost town!! As expected, i was very happy.

this job also plays gimmie all your love daily too,lol, and no other madonna besides ray of light sometimes

Awesome! Where do you work?

I can't wait to unexpectedly hear LFL. I'll be so excited! It's a fucking amazing song!!!!!

soooo, how does one get the updated versions? I tried deleting them from my computer and icloud, but then couldn't figure out how to re-download them.

Go to "Purchased" on the iTunes store home page and you can re-download the songs. please do tell whether the songs are re-mastered or not. I need more confirmations!

I miss the grandiosity of the days of her 5+ minute songs that have been fully flushed out to achieve their full and glorious potential....

Yeah, 2012 ("Gang Bang," "Falling Free") and 2008 ("She's Not Me," "Incredible," "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You") were so long ago! I miss those days of 5+ minute songs! :semifunny:

^Track 14 matches the length of what would be the title track, but it's no surprise that that song would end up on the album. ;) Other than that, there did not seem to be any perfect matches. Either way, this is a discussion for the other album thread since the title of this one clearly states "without demos."

At this point anyone who wants to avoid spoilers should just disconnect their internet and hide in the closet until March. Cat's crawling out of the bag. This is getting a little silly now.

Awesome! Where do you work?

I can't wait to unexpectedly hear LFL. I'll be so excited! It's a fucking amazing song!!!!!

in a restaurant in NYC. i was surprised to hear it considering its not officially released yet.

they usually play pretty shit music, so it was even more of a shocker

i also heard ghosttown at a radioshack at PABT.

I miss the grandiosity of the days of her 5+ minute songs that have been fully flushed out to achieve their full and glorious potential....

+1 But this time she seems to be doing a lot of songs without middle 8s.

Anyway, I'm not really buying the remastered songs crap. Would someone shed some light on this?

At this point anyone who wants to avoid spoilers should just disconnect their internet and hide in the closet until March. Cat's crawling out of the bag. This is getting a little silly now.

No, what is silly is people discussing demos in a thread which clearly says "no demos" There is another thread where you can talk about the demos in detail.