New Album Thread - without Demos

So there's already a living for love remix availsble???

According to DrownedMadonna.com, the Djemba Djemba Club Mix has just been sent to DJs. It's an extended version of the original rather than a remix - the length is 5:47.

Djemba Djemba himself indicated on Facebook that he co-wrote the song.

According to DrownedMadonna.com, the Djemba Djemba Club Mix has just been sent to DJs. It's an extended version of the original rather than a remix - the length is 5:47.

Djemba Djemba himself indicated on Facebook that he co-wrote the song.

Great news there's going to be an extended mix as the song just screams for one. So often extended mixes have been overlooked.

I still don't get why remixes are so short nowadays. Don't DJs mix anymore? Do they just play press play on their iTunes?

4 Minutes is top of her Spotify - geez!

Her current Spotify Top 10:

1) Like a Prayer - 16,000,000

2) 4 Minutes - 13,000,000

3) Material Girl - 9,000,000

4) La Isla Bonita - 8,600,000

5) Like a Virgin - 8,500,000

6) Into the Groove - 5,999,000

7) Vogue - 8,400,000

8) Hung Up - 9,500,000 (why Vogue and HU aren't higher, I'm not sure of the reasoning)

9) Like a Virgin - 2,300,000

10) Frozen - 5,000,000

4 Minutes is a way more popular and successful single than people give it credit for.

I don't think I've actually played 4 Minutes myself since 2008.

Totally. It is obviously super successful, but I suspect one of the least popular among fans.

I dig it when it comes up on shuffle from time to time, but I never seek it out.

Great news there's going to be an extended mix as the song just screams for one. So often extended mixes have been overlooked.

I still don't get why remixes are so short nowadays. Don't DJs mix anymore? Do they just play press play on their iTunes?

I agree! Remixes are all edits now for some reason. Remember those epic 9 minutes mixes?

The remix is out and it more a remix than an extended version.

Just found the djemba,djemba club mix edit on YouTube but it's not letting me post the link....

It's definitely a remix although I prefer the original at the moment. The mix sounds like a demo.

Her current Spotify Top 10:

1) Like a Prayer - 16,000,000

2) 4 Minutes - 13,000,000

3) Material Girl - 9,000,000

4) La Isla Bonita - 8,600,000

5) Like a Virgin - 8,500,000

6) Into the Groove - 5,999,000

7) Vogue - 8,400,000

8) Hung Up - 9,500,000 (why Vogue and HU aren't higher, I'm not sure of the reasoning)

9) Like a Virgin - 2,300,000

10) Frozen - 5,000,000

4 Minutes is a way more popular and successful single than people give it credit for.

What do the numbers next to the song titles indicate? How many times they have been played? Well, then Hung Up should be #3.

God. This songs are so fucking good!!! Thinking that there's another 13 songs coming gives me chills. This album is going to be the best, I can totally feel it. I l-u-v you Madonna, thank you for this amazing music!!!! #livingforlove

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Just found the djemba,djemba club mix edit on YouTube but it's not letting me post the link....

It's definitely a remix although I prefer the original at the moment. The mix sounds like a demo.

What do the numbers next to the song titles indicate? How many times they have been played? Well, then Hung Up should be #3.

The numbers are total plays the ranking is the current most popular. It's like a chart.

Ahhhhhh I've been channel surfing in the car for days. Finally today I heard Living For Love on the radio in Melbourne! I got some excited and had goosebumps. First time I've heard new Madonna music on the radio since Celebration :D

At the end the presenter said something like "at 56 she won't stop, I'm pretty sure she's running on Botox but that's okay! Madonnas new music on Nova 100."

What other artists gets snide remarks made about her on air?! Pathetic. It was still exciting to hear none the less! Love this excitement!!!

Ahhhhhh I've been channel surfing in the car for days. Finally today I heard Living For Love on the radio in Melbourne! I got some excited and had goosebumps. First time I've heard new Madonna music on the radio since Celebration :D

At the end the presenter said something like "at 56 she won't stop, I'm pretty sure she's running on Botox but that's okay! Madonnas new music on Nova 100."

What other artists gets snide remarks made about her on air?! Pathetic. It was still exciting to hear none the less! Love this excitement!!!

What other 56 year olds get played on the radio?

On Dec. 16, Madonna was in her New York apartment when she received word that more than a dozen unfinished demos for her forthcoming album had leaked. Her manager, Guy Oseary, was just returning to his Beverly Hills estate when he got the news. The album, Rebel Heart, was set for a late-April release, and thanks to a meticulous marketing plan and an inspired group of collaborators (including Diplo, Kanye West and Avicii), buzz was strong on the singer's 13th studio full-length.

But now, all bets were off. Madonna shot off a fiery post on her Instagram account lambasting the leak as "artistic rape," Oseary got on the phone, and both sprung into action. "I don't recall that phone coming off my ear from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m.," he says.

High-profile leaks and other security breaches have been a scourge of the entertainment industry for the past 15 years: from Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in 2001 and Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III in 2007
to Madonna's own "Give Me All Your Luvin'" in 2011 -- which resulted in an unidentified fan's arrest in Spain, although he
was later released -- not to mention the hacker group Anonymous' threats to rapper
Iggy Azalea in 2014's final weeks. But this Madonna leak was unusually severe, including images and videos as well as music. However, the singer and her team's quick response may have set a new precedent for how the industry can mobilize in an effort to combat them.

On the morning of Dec. 17, Steve Berman, vice chairman of Madonna's label distributor Interscope, was on the phone with her and Oseary. "She was in a very angry, upset, emotional place," Berman recalls. He had visited her in New York the week prior to hear some of the album's first finished songs with label president/CEO John Janick. "She told me, 'Steve, I care about my music. I can't have the songs being heard the wrong way.' "

Berman was confident that Apple's iTunes could be engaged to turn around an official release of finished Rebel Heart tracks on a dime, even though the digital retailer's servers would effectively shut down for the year on Dec. 19, just two days later. But he faced two major hurdles: pushback from the upper rafters at Universal Music Group ("Should we just wait and do it all at the top of the year?" was the response from one executive) and the availability of iTunes vp contentRobert Kondrk, who was already on vacation with his family in Mexico.

During the next 48 hours, Kondrk was able to help Apple greenlight a Rebel Heart preorder that would include six instant-gratification songs for download by midnight ET on Dec. 20 -- including "Living for Love," the set's first single, which was initially intended for a Valentine's Day release (and will now be promoted to radio on Feb. 10). However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of Dec. 18. "There was no time to call any of the producers -- nothing," says Oseary. "Just her final mastering sessions."

The result of Rebel Heart's 48-hour turnaround? The album preorder topped the iTunes charts in more than 40 countries -- including the United States, where three of the six released tracks entered Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic Songschart dated Jan. 3, despite just two days of eligibility. To date, the six tracks have sold a combined 131,000 downloads, according to Nielsen Music, with preorders for Rebel Heart at a robust (considering the situation) 50,000 to 60,000, according to industry estimates. "We know that in today's world, having a top 10 album with no promotion is really hard," Oseary says. "It's pretty... exciting isn't the right word, but it's rewarding to see it so well-received."

Still, Madonna's work is far from over. There's still at least one more preview track from Rebel Heart on its way before the album's March 10 release (likely due Feb. 8, the night of the Grammy Awards, Oseary says), and an official video for "Living for Love," to be filmed in late January. Plus, there's an ongoing investigation into the source of the leaks (another 14 tracks hit the Internet on Dec. 24), which, given their volume, seem too far-reaching to emanate from a usual suspect like a studio staffer or a backing musician. Neither Oseary nor a UMG representative would confirm that the investigation has resulted in a police report. Oseary's only comment on the matter was, "We are working really hard to solve this crime."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436370/madonna-rebel-heart-leak-inside-story

Did loads of pictures and videos actually leak with the Rebel Heart demos?? The media and M herself seem to think so. But the pictures that leaked around December to my understanding were just the usual weekly outtakes, that we've had leaking since 2010?!? What were the videos?!?!

However, Madonna had to make sure the six songs were in finished form, so she holed up in her New York studio working on the final mixes into the wee hours of the morning of Dec. 18. "There was no time to call any of the producers -- nothing," says Oseary. "Just her final mastering sessions."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6436370/madonna-rebel-heart-leak-inside-story

Poor M, that explains a lot. I hope we get different masters when the album comes out.

I actually don't like the remix at all and I wouldn't quite call it a "club remix" with the original album version being far more club than this crap.

It kind of has an 80s remix quality to it. I like it.