New Album Thread - without Demos

That's not true. Modern producers of the beat making kind especially r inherently credited as songwriters.

If the actual track to which a melody or lyric is written, even if it's just a bass line or rhythm pattern, is programmed

by a producer, a song writing credit is warranted.

Also samples used will usually get a song writing credit. That why a lot of RnB songs have so many writing credits.

Oh yeh, I forgot that. :blush:

Traditional producers, however, aren't necessarily credited as songwriters, simply because they usually don't enter the process until the song has been written and recorded in demo form.

Oh yeh, I forgot that. :blush:

Traditional producers, however, aren't necessarily credited as songwriters, simply because they usually don't enter the process until the song has been written and recorded in demo form.

Yes real producers! I miss them.

^ Not sure how producers who don't co-write the material are "real." Both kinds have existed forever. It depends on whether they're producing a band like Coldplay, who write all their stuff or Madonna, who needs a trained musician to collaborate.

Anyway, I can't remember which thread ads were being discussed, but just saw this (yes I was watching puppies play in the snow):

Screen_Shot_2015_01_06_at_7_47_37_PM.jpg

M should have the lyric video for FLF be of puppies and full size dogs playing in the snow :lol:

It would probably be a controversy because there were no cats :lmao:

M should have the lyric video for FLF be of puppies and full size dogs playing in the snow :lol:

It would probably be a controversy because there were no cats :lmao:

Madonna, speciesist canine supremacist?

Madonna, speciesist canine supremacist?

It would be the biggest controversy. She only featured German shepherd dogs and Olga!!! She's obviously glamorizing nazism, supports a police state, and is a dog supremacist :lol:

Do you guys think 19 songs means 19 songs on the album proper, and a deluxe edition could actually forge into Tori Amos territory with 22 tracks or so?

The album has 19 full songs, that's what Guy said. If it was the deluxe edition it would be labeled as deluxe. If there's a deluxe edition with even more tracks they'll most likely put and extra cd in there, i mean, if they (with no need to) did so with MDNA...

The album has 19 full songs, that's what Guy said. If it was the deluxe edition it would be labeled as deluxe. If there's a deluxe edition with even more tracks they'll most likely put and extra cd in there, i mean, if they (with no need to) did so with MDNA...

If you are right, then I agree the additional tracks will be on a second disc. Even though that annoyed me with MDNA, I understand, because I think Madonna wants her album closers to BE her album closers. And she closes an album better than anyone.

People seem to think the songs on the album will be the hashtagged ones. How many times she hashtagged Wash All Over Me? I need that damn song on this album.

My rebel heart would absolutely break if Wash All Over Me is not on the album. I think it was tagged at least once, so hopefully that means its in!!

:chuckle:

On a marketing point of view... it would be good if we have like a one-cd version with 19 tracks containing some exclusive songs that are for "album-only" purchase in iTunes and are not included in a double-cd version with say, 22 songs or more... that way, both versions will be bought... it goes without saying they have different album sleeves...

When do you predict we get the official track list? I know we don't know a thing but I am just dying. How far ahead did we get MDNA list? One month?

My guess would be in February. I can't wait to see what makes it on the album and if there are other surprises like Ghosttown.

Based on the information available at cdon.com, I'd say that the Deluxe Edition will be a 1-disc release. If it were a 2-disc release, it would be explicitly stated in the product description.

When do you predict we get the official track list? I know we don't know a thing but I am just dying. How far ahead did we get MDNA list? One month?

For MDNA we got an almost-complete track list of the Deluxe Version 7 weeks before the album was released, with the full track lists of all six formats following 4 weeks later. When the album was made available for pre-orders on iTunes, it was clear from the start that it was the Deluxe Version.

For MDNA we had the following formats:

Standard Version (Explicit) - 12 tracks

Standard Version (Clean) - 11 tracks

Deluxe Version (Explicit) - 17 tracks

Deluxe Version (Clean) - 16 tracks (Walmart exclusive)

Super Bowl Deluxe Version - 18 tracks (iTunes exclusive)

Japanese Deluxe Version - 18 tracks