New Album Thread - without Demos

I think they all have an idea, then they write different verses, combine together what fits bets. The people's who's verses/sentences end up in the song get credit.

Cause it's a collaboration. People go into the studio together to throw ideas and melodies and feelings. Everything comes organically from one person or another. Sometimes one person had very little input but they went in together and helped out so they get a credit. I don't see it as a big deal. She's working with 3 other people. It's not like Beyoncé working with 7 songwriters on who run the world! Lol

He didn't. As far as I know, he didn't work on the song at all.

According to the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, Madonna wrote "Devil Pray" with Savan Kotecha, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub and Tim Bergling (aka Avicii). The final version was produced by Avicii, Blood Diamonds, Dacoury Natche (aka DJ Dahi) and Carl Falk.

BTW, Symbolyc One confirmed via Instagram that he wrote "Joan of Arc" with MoZella, Toby Gad and Madonna herself.

wtf is this obsession with Tedder guy? i see every other gay on twitter claiming Ghosttown and Devil Prays are Ryan Tedder tracks and thats why they are good..

Could someone explain to me what a "writer" is exactly? Do you have to actually write lyrics "words" or is working on the melody and production "writing" as well?

This. I've always wondered the same thing. Anyone know?

Could someone explain to me what a "writer" is exactly? Do you have to actually write lyrics "words" or is working on the melody and production "writing" as well?

Production isn't writing. You have to work on the lyrics or the melody to count as a writer.

Cause it's a collaboration. People go into the studio together to throw ideas and melodies and feelings. Everything comes organically from one person or another. Sometimes one person had very little input but they went in together and helped out so they get a credit. I don't see it as a big deal. She's working with 3 other people. It's not like Beyoncé working with 7 songwriters on who run the world! Lol

and they came out with that shit?

Is anyone close friends with Germany?

Unnecessary.

Oh and Bey's RUN THE WORLD is life!

tumblr_lnm58yjsHW1qkomroo1_500.gif

Why is so hard to understand that the number of writers/producers increases when demos are being shared with other writers or when artists use a sample or existing instrumental and continue work on that? It's logical.

Rumors abound regarding a Deluxe Edition. I would love that but I am cautiously approaching this subject. IMO With Madonna.....more is always better.

With MDNA, didn't we get the deluxe information first and then the standard followed with less tracks? We got the deluxe cover way before the standard cover too.

I think the nineteen tracks is deluxe. An edited down version will follow.

Besides, it's a moot point on iTunes really. You just download fewer songs. Whoopeedoo.

Guest bluejean

I don't think so. It's not labelled as a 'Deluxe Edition.' And she can't change that. Nor can she change the tracklisting of the songs that have been released.

MAYBE the deluxe edition could be the double album with two different themes. So with different sequencing as well as bonus tracks and/or remixes. Remember Beyonce's Sasha Fierce album had versions with different sequencing.

if it's is the standard version with 19 tracks she shoulbe be smart to make a itunes deluxe with exstra songs and the special edition with bonus cd and be different trcaks then she has on the itunes deluxe :-)

oooh i can dream

I think we can be pretty certain that it is indeed a 19 track album considering it was originally a double album concept. Still no idea why it can't be because of the leaks?!? She's recorded enough decent material (so I hear)

I've pre-ordered the I-Tunes album just to get the songs as early as possible.

My preference is CD.

As for the CD version, I will be buying the version with the most songs IE: Deluxe Edition :)

I've pre-ordered the I-Tunes album just to get the songs as early as possible.

My preference is CD.

As for the CD version, I will be buying the version with the most songs IE: Deluxe Edition :)

Ditto. I only buy itunes/google play copies for M. because I will need to listen at MIDNIGHT. I will buy deluxe physical copy on March 10. With MDNA I bought deluxe and standard physical because of the two covers, and I will do likewise if Rebel Heart has two different covers.

wtf is this obsession with Tedder guy? i see every other gay on twitter claiming Ghosttown and Devil Prays are Ryan Tedder tracks and thats why they are good..

Yeah, I have no idea who he is, yet his name is constantly mentioned.

That's one thing i don't like of nowadays music. It's as if 9 people have to write a single song. I really can't understand it, i'm sure there's an explanation.

The same thing happens in my job with writing scientific papers for journals. Every fucker wants to be a contributing author even if all they did was join a meeting along the way. People just want more and more credits against their name without doing a thing. More 'credits' = more credibility.

I'm completely against this kind of shit. People should have the balls to say when they are due acknowledgement and when they sat there and didn't really do anything.

It's not like Beyoncé working with 7 songwriters on who run the world! Lol

You're comparing apples and pears. "Run the World (Girls)" heavily sampled a pre-existing song, "Pon de Floor" by Major Lazer, hence all the writers of "Pon de Floor" were credited as co-writers of Beyoncé's song. :)

Yeah, I have no idea who he is, yet his name is constantly mentioned.

Ryan Tedder is the lead singer of OneRepublic, who has previously also written songs for acts such as U2, Beyoncé, Leona Lewis and Adam Lambert.

He confirmed about a month ago that's he's been working on the new album.

Production isn't writing. You have to work on the lyrics or the melody to count as a writer.

That's not true. Modern producers of the beat making kind especially r inherently credited as songwriters.

If the actual track to which a melody or lyric is written, even if it's just a bass line or rhythm pattern, is programmed

by a producer, a song writing credit is warranted.

Also samples used will usually get a song writing credit. That why a lot of RnB songs have so many writing credits.