Bebe Buell (Liv Tyler mum) on Madonna & RH (hint: she's a hater :(

elijah

I thought the post was made up by some crazy Gaga fanatics but as other people said she really did post this! I don't see how any sane person could think they have the exclusive right to use two common English words like Rebel and Heart. I'm still not clear whether Bebe seriously means this or is she just being ironic and tongue in cheek?

It's ridiculous and Madonna fans can be some of the worst. Bringing up things that have nothing to do with what she is doing and most likely has never seen. I guarantee you if you went through the careers of other artists you would find similiar titles or album covers in the past. But who do they put under a microscope like Madonna? No one. I could come up with a title right now and I bet you would find it somewhere. It doesn't mean I copied and I'm allowed to use English words. I spent two weeks thinking of a title but I don't "think" Madonna Is going to waste her time like that.She connected with the words and their meaning Is her personal experience. I could write a poem named Trees but It would be my experience of them. Disney named their current money maker Frozen, and It's one of Madonna's most Iconic songs, not some little known song that no one has really heard of. Anyone have a problem with that? Would they if the situation was reversed? Did lady gaga copy "I am single because I was born that way." from Mae West? I can't stand her and I wouldn't bother bringing that up. Who cares, it's not the same thing as that poster so eloquently put to this woman.

I have heard guys in Rock openly discuss their inspirations. A famous rock artist slipped someone some money for a part of his song but no one cares in fact they admire him. Was he inspired to make something his own where it did become something different or did he just use it? Does it matter? It bothers me that guys don't get the same from their fans.

The general public Is not going to give one flying whatever about a similiar title because the majority of them are rational.

Bebe Buell

mariahdontknowher.gif

LOL

image.jpg

ibstMtF9tMPd0y.gif

But how are two words from the English dictionary an 'idea'?

Rebel Heart as a song and album connects perfectly to Madonna - it makes sense in that context. Same as singing a song called 'Like A Virgin' in a wedding dress. Maybe whatshername doesn't subscribe to being a virgin before marriage but back then it was still a thing for people, as it is now.

Rebel Heart as a book title by whatshername is what? A fucking book title. Designed to make her lifestyle meaningful. :doodlemanson:

"I've gotten so many DMs, PMs and Emails asking me how I feel about Madonna so blatantly using the title of my memoir REBEL HEART from 2001 as the title of her new album.

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. She's been doing this since the inception of her career~ as far back as 1984 appearing on the MTV video awards dressed as a bride- Debbie Harry, Marianne Faithfull, etc..., did it first and with more originality and flair. I was in the audience that night in '84 and it was clear she was going to be a superstar. Not so much because she was "great" or the "best" but because she was not afraid to roll around and make everyone talk. And boy oh boy, did everyone talk about that performance. She's always been good at taking an idea, a concept that someone else did first and taking it, making it mainstream. That in itself is an art per se so if that's how we measure "talent" or "success", then she's been hugely successful.

My personal Goddess has always been Debbie Harry who truly was/is original and has never, in my opinion, been given enough props from Madonna. That said, Debbie does what I do when someone steals or "borrows" an idea. Just come up with a new fresh one. My REBEL HEART is now my REBEL SOUL. Moving past the physical to the metaphysical~ Madonna is welcome to Rebel Heart- I'm moving on to SOUL... and I'm reinventing myself yet again here in my beloved Nashville.

Here's some of the lyrics to one of M's leaked songs- it's called "Two Steps Behind Me"~ ironic that she feels stolen from... pot calling kettle black? Perhaps even projecting some?

"You're a copycat, Where is my royalty? You're a pretty girl, I'll give you that. But stealing my recipe, it's an ugly look."

The lyrics continue:

"Did you study me hard enough? You're never gonna be, you're just a wannabe me. Like a sister all messed-up, who's gonna help you out? In your fantasy, you can try it all. But you can't be me. You can walk the walk, even talk the talk. But you'll always be two steps behind me."

Lord knows who she's talking about- some say Lady Gaga... personally I don't see the comparison. Gaga is so over the top talented that I get chills just hearing her sing. Not just anyone could do an album of duets with Tony Bennett and do it with such class and ease.

So, back to the issue at hand. I've been told that it's a compliment to be stolen from by Madge... that she only steals from the best- the true innovators. I remember the first time I met her at Danceteria after a show with my band The B-Sides. I've told this story before- she was there dancing and she asked me where I got my "lace gloves and all the lace accessories"... I directed her to my spot on 14th Street. Got to hand it to her- she took all the downtown street style that gals like Debbie, Tish (Patrice Tish Bellomo)& Snookie, Cyrinda Foxe, etc..., invented and turned it into something commercial and before we could bat an eyelash, she was creating a style revolution. She made it her own and much like "grunge" it was soon available at Macy's and JC Penny. That's the beauty of style and fashion... it truly is recyclable and done over and over again. I have ZERO issue w/ Madonna also using this title 14 yrs. later. I'm not a hater. I find it all very fascinating. Maybe this is where Madonna got it??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249312/

She perhaps sees herself as an Irish Nationalist?

You never know, babies! HAPPY NEW YEAR, angels."

Bebe Buell is a singer & actress Liv Tyler's mother with Aerosmith vocalist Steven Tyler. In 2001, she wrote an autobiography (with Victor Bockris) titled Rebel Heart: An American Rock and Roll Journey. The book was a New York Times bestseller.

https://www.facebook...3780181970927:0

Not sure if link to post works.

zE1oJcm.png

311uvkk.gif

Just reading this again, it is so stupid and petty. Also, I really feel that it has been arranged by other people. Accusing Madonna of copying her just because she asked her about her lace outfits is bitchy teenage girl mentality.

On another point, Debbie Harry has talked of feeling cheated of her career and felt like Madonna had the acclaim and fame that she deserved. She said it was because she took time off at the height of her career to care for her ill partner and during that time Madonna had become the biggest pop star around. That was noble and lovely of her to care for her boyfriend, but this was not Madonna's fault. Plus, Madonna has always mentioned Debbie Harry. I don't think Debbie has any ill feelings towards Madonna now at all. She actually praised her not that long ago.

Also, reading the lyrics of this demo that have been posted here, I doubt this is about Gaga anyway. Mentioning a "pretty girl" sounds more like a model or ultra glam girl. Just does not add up.

omg go on her facebook!!!!! she's deluded!!!!

:dead:

Rachelle could you make a few screen caps? a lot of people aren't seeing her fb updates :p i think she puts a lot of them on friends/followers/whatever only. thanks ;)

• 10422291_10152901082071575_3106325956808

Michael Zabrocki The only rebellious thing she is doing is being uncreative. No way can she or her team say they were not aware of your book.

• 10888610_1014634575218821_74497176276395

Bebe Buell Yes, I'm sure she knew and knows of my book. And the BBC Mini-series about Irish Nationalist also called "Rebel Heart". Of course... she obviously likes the image it creates. She can have a lot of fun with the

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: DELUDED BITCH. How the fuck would Madonna know of her fucking book when she doesnt even know she exists

Guest Rachelle of London

SHE HAS FANS

:dead:

Great inspiration for Groupies who want fame by bedding rock stars. :laugh: Then they can write a book. O'h and have a daughter who has to ask you if someone is her real father because they look alike. :lol: Nothing like becoming famous by who you sleep with. I fell sorry for Liv Tyler though after reading her mother's deluded musings.

WAIT

Is this woman who I've never even heard of letting people know Madonna owes Debbie Harry something? Bitch please, get real, Madonna was the first real global female superstar and what makes it even more of an astonishing result is that she didn't come from a factory nor she owes it to a marriage

I appreciate Debbie, Chryssie etc a great deal, certainly more respectable than today's crop of pop stars but Madonna doesn't owe them shit. She was the first in a whole genre. There was nobody AT HER LEVEL before, during or after ..... and she continues to be just that. She went from rehearsing in abandoned buildings, doing small club gigs in NY when nobody in the world knew anything about her to filling stadiums the world over since 1987 and that was the result of her huge appeal with heterogeneous masses

Add her to a long list of NOTHINGS using Madonna's name to get a bit of press. What does this woman do, again?

Bye

Add her to a long list of NOTHINGS using Madonna's name to get a bit of press. What does this woman do, again?

Bye

XXL, I feel like being a bitch tonight.

What does she do ? She sleeps with guys that are famous and writes books about them. Basically in a nutshell - she was a groupie. O'h and pretends that she was once really famous, inspirational and thinks Prince and others all write songs for her.

Guest Rachelle of London

O'h I forgot. Cameron Crowe said he based Kate Hudson's groupie character in Almost Famous on her. :lmao:

There are 4 posts on her FB dedicated to that character since Mid December - her proudest achievement

Guest Rachelle of London

Guest Rachelle of London

Bebe Buell The more rebel hearts the better.

Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs · Edited

• 10422291_10152901082071575_3106325956808

Michael Zabrocki The only rebellious thing she is doing is being uncreative. No way can she or her team say they were not aware of your book.

Bebe Buell Yes, I'm sure she knew and knows of my book. And the BBC Mini-series about Irish Nationalist also called "Rebel Heart". Of course... she obviously likes the image it creates. She can have a lot of fun with the imagery it conjures. It suits her.

Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs · Edited

Bebe Buell Like a Rebel Hearts unite kind of vibe...

Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs