MDNA Standard Cover: Appreciate

Shane

The deluxe gets all the love, but I think the standard cover with the full body red dress photo is nearly as good. Does anyone else love it, or going out on a limb, prefer it to the deluxe?

Beautiful but Not worthy of an album cover. Like the album itself, it lacked a lot of thought and conviction.

Do you think the deluxe is worthy of an album cover?

Guest Rocco Papa

The color scheme is great (love the blue) and I prefer a full-body shot to a close-up. I also love how the MDNA text fits perfectly with the way her hands are spread out. It's a much better cover in my opinion.

LOVE both the standard and deluxe versions of the MDNA cover. But I will say that deluxe version takes the cake. Very iconic.

I wouldn't consider the standard as striking, but it's definitely a beautiful image.

I really loved that reflective glass overlay they did with a lot of the imagery.

I love it. I think the deluxe photo works better as a cover, but this is a much more striking image. I always thought she was giving Jesus teas which makes more conceptual sense (act of contrition etc as LSD said) as a cover than the deluxe, which was just a glam shot.

Did the photos from this session ever leak? I'd love to see both covers without the wavy glass effect.

The wavy glass is part of the shoot. So yes, the outtakes did leak.

It's beautiful. First I didn't like it because I was so mesmerized by the deluxe version. And I didn't know either that the glass was part of the shoot. I always thought it was an effect added later.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I prefer the special ed one, although reading your comments made me appreciate the standard one better than I did before. I think the standard one doesn't represent the album well. In it she seems to be surrendering to something, arms open, eyes closed, head turned. The album, although divided between two moods, is rather confrontational. The deluxe cover represents that side better: chin up, looking down. In the standard, the glass looks like a shield; in the deluxe, it looks like a weapon.