Guy Oseary's interview with Billboard about the leak

DanM

I suppose there's the possibility that those sites were given 'official' info/snippets/listens to report and drum up anticipation for the album. Though some of the reports at the time of late-night Skype listening sessions etc. stunk from the very get go.

It seems it's only when these particular demos fell into the general public domain (and out of the usual collector circles) that it was seen as a problem.

We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes really.

Some of the fan sites have pulled down their info about the new tracks so something's up.

It's like you say we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. I thought some of the sites got their info from contacts at Warners and now that she is no longer with them their source of info had dried up.

There was no internet during the Freddy years so how could stuff leak? Thousands of cassette tapes being shipped around?

And you're right about Shakira. Nobody gives a shit.

Thank you. The backseat driving of madonna's career in this thread is hilarious.

Some of the fan sites have pulled down their info about the new tracks so something's up....

Hmmm interesting.

Those sites it has to be said, were known more to Madge's people (and everyone else) as being largely negative and the complete opposite of what a proper fansite is, so I'm unsure how much attention anyone in Madonna's camp actually paid to the daily dose of crap those places came out with. However, while I can kinda understand Madonna's ignorance on such matters due to the self imposed and self preserving bubble she put herself into, the willful ignorance of those around her, indeed those PAID by her, is unfathomable to me, and probably completely untrue to be honest. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her" was probably the mantra of many....

Thank you. The backseat driving of madonna's career in this thread is hilarious.

Correct

I think the simplest solution would be to hand over Guy to Kylie Minogue to manage her career ( there pretty much on the same projectory path ) no one wants to steal her demos, and he can give her album away like U2's, the only issue being people still wanting a refund, despite no cost. He can than open up the KM gyms where people learn to twirl a feather boa and sexercize.

Return Freddy to Madonna, though as some people have pointed out he will have to learn this thing called the Internet. Madonna to upgrade her Norton anti-viral 2001 program on her Dell laptop computer.

Return Shakira to her native country where she can eat some grass along with the other billy goats.

I bet when the tour starts and Guy is dishing out pit tickets he'll get some new fans :lmao:

I told him on twitter that I'm a huge fan and he's done wonders for Madonna's career for pit tickets! It was all bullshit, of course.

Correct

I think the simplest solution would be to hand over Guy to Kylie Minogue to manage her career ( there pretty much on the same projectory path ) no one wants to steal her demos, and he can give her album away like U2's, the only issue being people still wanting a refund, despite no cost. He can than open up the KM gyms where people learn to twirl a feather boa and sexercize.

Return Freddy to Madonna, though as some people have pointed out he will have to learn this thing called the Internet. Madonna to upgrade her Norton anti-viral 2001 program on her Dell laptop computer.

Return Shakira to her native country where she can eat some grass along with the other billy goats.

I told him on twitter that I'm a huge fan and he's done wonders for Madonna's career! It was all bullshit, of course.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Correct

Awesome!!! I don't have access to emojis other than this :) or you'd get a thousand more.

There was no internet during the Freddy years so how could stuff leak? Thousands of cassette tapes being shipped around?

And you're right about Shakira. Nobody gives a shit.

Exactly. Freddy is not this deity people make him out to be. Madonna was at her commercial peak when he managed her. And yes, there have been tapes making the rounds for YEARS.

I think Guy knew about the leaks early and was working on making sure M didn't find out. But he failed in doing so and now has to claim that he found out about them the same time as M.

Seriously. She always says she doesn't want "yes" people around her, and maybe that's not what he is, but it's obvious he's certainly withheld info from her.

Wow. It looks like the fine detectives here have found the criminal and already done his trial... :mellow:

potence.jpg

Well, he may not be responsible for leaking the actual tracks, but he IS responsible for this entire debacle.

Simple facts:

Madonna did not have a single leak when she was managed by Freddy ( and probably has just as much demos from that period...drool...

Shakira has had no leaks of her upcoming album, also managed by Freddy ( but I think this might just be a simple case no one gives a ahit ).

The point is Shakiras new album will slay Madonnas because it has had no leaks.

But she had leaks!

DARE leaked TWO YEARS before the album release but then she got pregnant and I think that album got canned.

At this point, it doesn't matter what happens behind the scenes. Guy is her manager. He makes MILLIONS off of Madonna's hard work and I really don't care what anyone says here but, in my opinion, Madonna deserves someone MUCH better than Guy. This issue isn't an exception, it's something that's been going on for years, for over a decade, and Guy is her manager so regardless of who's actually leaking all of Madonna's work, literally, ALL of Madonna's work, at the end of the day it's his responsibility. And yes, it pisses me off to read that article and see him playing the victim in all of this. Fuck him.

Lol some people on here attacking Guy like if they know what really goes on behind the scenes.

For some, taking half the iTunes top ten stateside and going #1 around the world was truly upsetting the day rebel heart was rushed into a clipped early release. I'm really not bagging on anyone here, as a lot of the worrying came from fans on other sites, but it's so funny, as you mentioned, how some fans just know what went on behind the scenes and would handle everything so differently for M. unlike this incompetent Oseary fellow.

Not being behind Guy's skills or lack thereof is one thing, but acting like you're Clive Davis 2014/15 is another. It's just funny.

For some, taking half the iTunes top ten stateside and going #1 around the world was truly upsetting the day rebel heart was rushed into a clipped early release. I'm really not bagging on anyone here, as a lot of the worrying came from fans on other sites, but it's so funny, as you mentioned, how some fans just know what went on behind the scenes and would handle everything so differently for M. unlike this incompetent Oseary fellow.

Not being behind Guy's skills or lack thereof is one thing, but acting like you're Clive Davis 2014/15 is another. It's just funny.

Seriously, shut the fuck up. I'm allowed to share my opinion and speculate just like everyone else. At least have the internet balls to reply to me directly.

Seriously, shut the fuck up. I'm allowed to share my opinion and speculate just like everyone else. At least have the internet balls to reply to me directly.

Calm down, queen. I really wasn't talking about you and obviously, you're free to share your opinion as I am to share mine. I don't recall ever telling anyone not to speak their mind(s).

But I get "Shut the fuck up" for speaking mine, of course.

I guess the shoe fits though, huh? Little too tightly it seems.

Whatever. I'm here. Reply at will.

Madonna has talked herself in these interviews about being reluctant to take security measures and how sucky it is not to be able to play loud music at photoshoots, etc. so I agree blaming him for not spilling the beans while there is (presumably) an ongoing investigation is a bit much. It matters totally what goes on behind the scenes and in the end she is the boss. We have no idea what Guy has been counseling in 2000, now or anywhere in between.

Edited by elayman

Don't worry, Freddy's on the case:

217767179_b9389ea847.jpg

Loved it when it use to take you 45 minutes to " download" and album :)

Simple fact:

If Madonna were to go back to recording on analogue equipment, not only would she reduce thievery by 97%, she would have a more consistent and higher quality sound to her recordings. And would than not be slayed by Shakira.

Don't tell Guy about the above, because he is moron!

Sometimes I think the same thing (that it is all a publicity stunt to create buzz). The "She was praying..." comments sound ridiculous considering everything going on in the world today. The comment makes it sound like the songs were deleted and would have to be completely re-recorded. Considering that she's chillin' at the ski resort and not locked up in a studio reworking tracks makes you scratch your head.

The only people seeking and downloading the tracks are the FANS. The same people who will gladly buy the album upon its release and pay $350 for a concert ticket. Does an artist really expect a fan to not listen to something that is "out there"? It makes me think of Nirvana and the box set of scratch demos that fans were eating up. Fans don't care if a song/demo isn't perfect, they just want to hear it. Let's face it. Madonna has been very stingy with her catalog when there is a treasure trove of unreleased music. If she really didn't want these songs to be distributed, she would've had them deleted long ago. Also, she wouldn't be publicly talking about the tracks or allowing her producers to publicly talk about unreleased tracks. That's like cruel and usual punishment. :p Look at what they are doing to Michael Jackson....releasing EVERY scrap he ever recorded. This WILL happen to Madonna too in the future. Why can't fans enjoy the music NOW instead of waiting forever?!

Another thing that gets under my skin is how fans are not allowed to discuss the leaked songs, yet Madonna, her manager, and publications go on about it freely. If they really wanted to stop the spread of the leaked music, they should've kept quiet about it, asked/demanded the publications not publish anything about, and privately investigated and stopped the music from spreading.

Don't even get me started on the "fans" who flaunt the leaked material in front of Madonna and her manager (the pictures, the songs, etc.)....looking for attention. *rolls eyes*

I think your comments are very harsh and unfair. What makes you think you have to wait forever if you don't get these demos now? The album is going to be released in the spring, which is hardly forever. Fans think they have the right to everything a person has ever recorded, but I don't think they do. Maybe I see it differently because I"m a writer in my job. I do lots of rough drafts of my projects. I really don't want the whole world to see my drafts before I'm ready to present the finished product. I don't feel I have to delete the drafts because it's my work process and maybe I haven't decided yet which parts I am going to keep and which ones I am going to change. I would never occur to me someone would try to steal my unfinished work. Maybe fans don't care if the demos aren't perfect, but maybe Madonna does. Maybe she doesn't want people to hear stuff she isn't happy with. Isn't that her right to control what part of her own work people have a chance to hear. She created it.

No one is stopping fans from discussing the leaked material. There is a whole lengthy thread on here about them.

Most of the demos were taken and were recorded much earlier in the process. She has reworked them and that's why she didn't want people to hear the early version. You act like you begrudge her for taking a ski vacation when she has worked very hard on this album to give us her best work.

I think your comments are very harsh and unfair. What makes you think you have to wait forever if you don't get these demos now? The album is going to be released in the spring, which is hardly forever. Fans think they have the right to everything a person has ever recorded, but I don't think they do. Maybe I see it differently because I"m a writer in my job. I do lots of rough drafts of my projects. I really don't want the whole world to see my drafts before I'm ready to present the finished product. I don't feel I have to delete the drafts because it's my work process and maybe I haven't decided yet which parts I am going to keep and which ones I am going to change. I would never occur to me someone would try to steal my unfinished work. Maybe fans don't care if the demos aren't perfect, but maybe Madonna does. Maybe she doesn't want people to hear stuff she isn't happy with. Isn't that her right to control what part of her own work people have a chance to hear. She created it.

No one is stopping fans from discussing the leaked material. There is a whole lengthy thread on here about them.

Most of the demos were taken and were recorded much earlier in the process. She has reworked them and that's why she didn't want people to hear the early version. You act like you begrudge her for taking a ski vacation when she has worked very hard on this album to give us her best work.

:clap::clap::clap: