Guy Oseary's interview with Billboard about the leak

DanM

People saying Madonna would rush release unfinished work because of the leaks :laugh: The six tracks she released are finished and they sound perfect. Do you think she would ruin her discography with unfisnihed songs? I don't think so. She is a perfectionist and couldn't live with that.

About the Guy's interview: it's very confusing. I had to read some of the comments few times because they didn't make any sense. I do hope they catch the person(s) who is behind the leaks.

This man lives in 1995. And just the fact that he says "You know, this is new days, we've learned a lot, we understand where the holes were" I wonder where he was in 2000 when Music was stolen. Or in 2010 (i guess) when those non-airbrushed pics surfaced, or 2011 when GMAYL was stolen.

Stupid beyond words. Or a compulsive liar.

Anyone else thinks he sounds like they know who did this and now it's just a matter of having enough proof?

I guess the late April release means Madonna wanted to have a summer album....I bet we would've gotten a kick ass Unapologetic Bitch summer video :(

We still could get a kick ass video, she has been hash tagging the song for months and months!

Guest Rachelle of London

So if they know that theres gonna be 19 songs on the album, doesnt that mean they know which songs they want on the album or near abouts. Why would they sit on this until April? Is that the norm? Unless we'd be getting a shit load of promo which is amazing.

So exciting

Lol at him saying 'our music' was stolen. Take a seat, Guy.

Interesting read, though. A few months ago, when all those track titles were floating around and we got the strange descriptions from some 'fan' sites, I thought "damn, I'd love to hear the tracks". Here we are now, with 30 demos available all over the internet and even though I listened to them, I still feel bad...and very sorry for M that she only just realized what is happening for many many years with her music and pictures. Maybe this wake up call was needed and I really, truly hope that we don't get any kind of snippet, demo or preview for album #14. I just hope she doesn't lose interest or joy in creating more music in future.

This!

Simple facts:

Madonna did not have a single leak when she was managed by Freddy ( and probably has just as much demos from that period...drool...

Shakira has had no leaks of her upcoming album, also managed by Freddy ( but I think this might just be a simple case no one gives a ahit ).

The point is Shakiras new album will slay Madonnas because it has had no leaks.

Simple facts:

Madonna did not have a single leak when she was managed by Freddy ( and probably has just as much demos from that period...drool...

Shakira has had no leaks of her upcoming album, also managed by Freddy ( but I think this might just be a simple case no one gives a ahit ).

There was no internet during the Freddy years so how could stuff leak? Thousands of cassette tapes being shipped around?

And you're right about Shakira. Nobody gives a shit.

Simple facts:

I definitely think Freddy was a better manager.

As for the new stuff on the album, I was referring to her rushing and writing new songs and half assing it all the way just so none of these demos that people have heard make it onto the record. Just a fear. Some of these demo songs are kick ass and she better stick to the course and polish them and get them out there.

I do find it bizarre that they were so unaware these leaks were coming. The press were reporting info on these songs months ago, and that must have raised an alarm.

I definitely think that they knew a hack had happened months back (was that the "bad" thing that was referred to along with all the demo information?), and wanted to try and nullify the damage and threat of a leak by recording more music and altering the course of the record.

These are all demos - they sound quite rough in parts, and i wouldn't be surprised if we only see a few brand new, unheard of tracks, and the rest are a selection of these demos, but worked on and polished up. Hopefully thats the job Blood Diamond was brought in to do.

Also his last line about it "all being revealed at some point" is very dramatic - certainly gonna have the conspiracy theorists clamouring for more!

I think Guy knew about the leaks early and was working on making sure M didn't find out. But he failed in doing so and now has to claim that he found out about them the same time as M.

I was pretty sure MNEK will be featured on the album version of LFL. If not on the vocals then as a producer, but he is obviously not, which makes me think the released version is not the one that was supposed to be the end-product. The current version also omits the "Lord-lord lift me" part, which I totally love in the demo version. I hope when they relaunch the single, they will send out a different version/the music video will feature a longer version. Remixes are usually not recorded months before the single is released, especially since she most likely hasn't decided about the first single when she collaborated with MNEK in July. It's just a bit strange to me that MNEK made only a remix considering the way he was talking about the track in his interviews. Also in the Billboard interview M was quite strange about the whole situation - she referred to it as "the version that can be heard now", etc. Well, who knows, I guess we are going to find out soon enough.

I hope we get a video version for LFL with his feature and the "Lord-lord lift me" part.

The "single version" of Living for Love could feature MNEK and be slightly remixed, which will mean more people will buy it when it is "officially" released in February or whenever.

They should also have had a few lyric videos prepared for BIM and LFL to keep it chugging along until March...

This.

Yeah I want cool lyric videos for songs.

I have a wierd feeling living for love is going to be remixes a la Celebration for the video...

And this.

Please Madonna, TAKE A NEW MANAGER. Guy is a pure joke at this point :ugh:

So you think Ray of Light, Music, American Life, and more recently the Superbowl and Masterpiece are jokes?

Simple facts:

As much as i don't like Guy O. much (for me he's just one of those suited man in music business with no clue, just making fast money), this makes no sense at all.

1. As Mnino has said, no leak was during Freddy because there was no Internet.

2. Just the mere thought that Shakira will slay Madonna, with or without leak... Well, i just can't.

As much as i don't like Guy O. much (for me he's just one of those suited man in music business with no clue, just making fast money), this makes no sense at all.

1. As Mnino has said, no leak was during Freddy because there was no Internet.

2. Just the mere thought that Shakira will slay Madonna, with or without leak... Well, i just can't.

But Karby, these are "simple facts" :dead:

okay, I don't hate Guy Oseary, and this isn't a hate post...

It has always irked me that he always says "we" but saying "our music was stolen" just gets under my skin. It's HER music, and if SHE was adamant to get it out earlier as damage control, it's his job to manage that (which he did) so I don't understand the frantic, whiny tone of that interview. I get it, they had to scramble. I don't envy being in his situation, but his whole career owes a lot to Madonna's trust and support to go into "mogul" status. He doesn't sound very clear about what he's actually talking about. Those long winded quotes didn't really reveal anything. As I've said over and over and over, he's a great business manager; making deals, endorsements, etc. but he comes across as clueless when it comes to creative endeavors.

I'm glad he talks to us fans, and I appreciate that candor at shows and on Twitter, etc. and to get that insight is nice, but hes not very....professional in the way he talks in interviews. His Billboard interview announcing the Maverick Management thing was just as vague.

I know he does a lot, and I know he knows a lot, but sometimes it just seems like he should utilize Liz R a bit more. She says so much in as few words as possible. Lol.

Does it sound completely off point to say that Madonna could be collateral damage with all of this? We all know that she's a valuable commodity on the black market, but who does her security really come down to? She's the talent, that's why she has a management team and a staff of people to take care of that shit!

What struck me most of all was the several references he makes to Madonna's insistence on releasing the songs to iTunes and how so many people (including himself obviously) thought it made "no sense" to do so. Talk about covering his own back (after the U2 debacle) should yet another decision be seen as a mistake. Like you say, as a business manager he's probably one of the best, as a caretaker of all things 'Madonna', he's barely effective.

Fansites were leaking details of the songs weeks before the leaks happened and the details made their way on to other blogs and websites. I thought her team regularly checked fansites.

I am struggling to understand why the didnt know about the leaks earlier when a 5 min search on fansites and Google would have gave them information.

Fansites were leaking details of the songs weeks before the leaks happened and the details made their way on to other blogs and websites. I thought her team regularly checked fansites.

I am struggling to understand why the didnt know about the leaks earlier when a 5 min search on fansites and Google would have gave them information.

I suppose there's the possibility that those sites were given 'official' info/snippets/listens to report and drum up anticipation for the album. Though some of the reports at the time of late-night Skype listening sessions etc. stunk from the very get go.

It seems it's only when these particular demos fell into the general public domain (and out of the usual collector circles) that it was seen as a problem.

We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes really.

I suppose there's the possibility that those sites were given 'official' info/snippets/listens to report and drum up anticipation for the album

Absolutely! Madonna confirmed the Joan of Arc infos posted on DrownedMadonna with a book cover "Jeanne d'Arc" a few hours after their article. It has been said many times, but people still think that these fan websites are the hackers :laugh:

I suppose there's the possibility that those sites were given 'official' info/snippets/listens to report and drum up anticipation for the album. Though some of the reports at the time of late-night Skype listening sessions etc. stunk from the very get go.

It seems it's only when these particular demos fell into the general public domain (and out of the usual collector circles) that it was seen as a problem.

We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes really.

Exactly! Nobody walked into Madonna's house, logged onto her computer and stole all those tracks. Everyone knows all these tracks were floating around for several months and someone eventually leaked them to the general public.

Guy O is seriously, SERIOUSLY full of SHIT. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea to send those few people the demos as part of his "non-traditional" promo strategies and it all blew up in his face and now he's talking about INVESTIGATIONS. Give me a break. That entire interview sounds like someone covering their ass, not an explanation of what really happened.

Lol at him saying 'our music' was stolen. Take a seat, Guy.

okay, I don't hate Guy Oseary, and this isn't a hate post...

It has always irked me that he always says "we" but saying "our music was stolen" just gets under my skin.

Guy Oseary thinks that he and Madonna Ciccone are a Goldfrappian duo who release their music under the name "Madonna" :lmao:

Guy O is seriously, SERIOUSLY full of SHIT. I wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea to send those few people the demos as part of his "non-traditional" promo strategies and it all blew up in his face and now he's talking about INVESTIGATIONS. Give me a break. That entire interview sounds like someone covering their ass, not an explanation of what really happened.

Wow. It looks like the fine detectives here have found the criminal and already done his trial... :mellow:

potence.jpg