Madonna will PERFORM at the Grammy Awards!

She has only been nominated for Album of the Year once, so yes it's very much true.

And actually before Bedtime Stories, she didn't get a single nomination for any of her albums as a whole.

It's as if everything she did from 83-93 made no difference. Those nominations for a woman of her caliber who made the kind of music she did for those ten years is just appalling. Especially when you add in the fact that Gargoyle had gotten a Best Album nomination for all of her records before Artflop. Of course none of this is new, any Madonna fan knows that the Grammys have shafted her her entire career.

As much as I am excited that she is playing the Grammys, the award itself is meaningless. Twice during the 90s they readjusted the voting methods because of popular snubs like Madonna over say, Quincy Jones' Back on the Block, to reflect what was actually happening in music at the time, and block the old codger vote.

Beyonce has like 200 grammys for shit's sake. Even of Rebel Heart wins 10 grammys next year, it's just padding for her already illustrious career.

I'll be happy, don't get me wrong, but still...

As much as I am excited that she is playing the Grammys, the award itself is meaningless. Twice during the 90s they readjusted the voting methods because of popular snubs like Madonna over say, Quincy Jones' Back on the Block, to reflect what was actually happening in music at the time, and block the old codger vote.

Beyonce has like 200 grammys for shit's sake. Even of Rebel Heart wins 10 grammys next year, it's just padding for her already illustrious career.

I'll be happy, don't get me wrong, but still...

It certainly is far less meaningful than an Oscar nomination. That's %100 true.

She doesn't need to be nominated for anything else to cement her legacy but just like I want her to have another #1, I would also like at least 1 more Best Album nomination. Would be a shame if she only ever got 1 her entire career. It's an uphill battle though I feel.

I wonder what the grammy voters are thinking sometimes. how could they not nominate True blue, Im Breathless, Erotica, LAP, Bedtime stories, American LIfe or COADF for album of the year.?

it boggles the mind.

and in 99, no offense to Lauryn hill but ROL was a better album.

Well, the Grammy's changed their "perspective". Before, it was awarding the ones who were full of themselves and didn't get any success and were butthurt about it (of course, they were the majority of the members of the academy). Now, they are scared to death of losing what they think they have as "relevance", so they choose the ones on top 40 radio.

Madonna briefly met the necessary features between 1998-2005. Thats when she got her awards.

She has only been nominated for Album of the Year once, so yes it's very much true.

And actually before Bedtime Stories, she didn't get a single nomination for any of her albums as a whole.

It's as if everything she did from 83-93 made no difference. Those nominations for a woman of her caliber who made the kind of music she did for those ten years is just appalling. Especially when you add in the fact that Gargoyle got a Best Album nomination for all of her records before Artflop. Of course none of this is new, any Madonna fan knows that the Grammys have shafted her her entire career.

I was replying to you about the "peak on her career" part you wrote. I don't think she had it. But that's just my opinion.

Well, the Grammy's changed their "perspective". Before, it was awarding the ones who were full of themselves and didn't get any success and were butthurt about it (of course, they were the majority of the members of the academy). Now, they are scared to death of losing what they think they have as "relevance", so they choose the ones on top 40 radio.

Madonna briefly met the necessary features between 1998-2005. Thats when she got her awards.

I was replying to you about the "peak on her career" part you wrote. I don't think she had it. But that's just my opinion.

I said she has so far only reached the pinnacle of Best Album once in her career. That was no a reflection on the future but just stating a fact within the Grammy context.

Truer words have never been spoken. How RoL didn't win that year is beyond understanding

Who knows. The Academy also awarded Laryn Hill Best New Artist that year despite the fact the Fugees sold a jillion records at that point.

Grammys are fucked up.

Yup. Madonna was too "pop" and "controversial" for the Grammys in the 80s and early 90s. By 1998, they were becoming much edgier and ROL fit right into that. I do agree that ROL should have won that year, not because it was a whole lot better than Lauryn's album - I love both - but because they tend to reward the veterans who are overdue, and M clearly fit the bill. Music should have been nominated for ATOY as well. But after that a combo of a focus on the biggest sellers and M's career in commercial decline pretty much put her chances to bed. I do think she could have a shot again if RH (or some future album) was deemed a "comeback" by critics.

Just got a word that Madonna's LFL is entering top 40 on USA radio in February. And who here said that wasn't happening? That her last radio debut was with Don't Tell Me? This is why I think we should all realize this era will slay and stop being negative.

Can't believe MADONNA (7) has more Grammys than Whitney (6), Mariah (5), Janet (5) or even Celine (5) esp since the first three have their R&B category to lean on...

2007 Best Long Form Music Video The Confessions Tour

2006 Best Electronic/Dance Album Confessions On A Dance Floor

1999 Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media. Beautiful Stranger (From Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me)

1998 Best Dance Recording Ray Of Light

1998 Best Pop Album Ray Of Light

1998 Best Short Form Music Video Ray Of Light

1991 Best Music Video, Long Form Madonna - Blonde Ambition World Tour Live

Now when you type M's name into google, the top stories are all Grammys. No more of those ridiculous "controversies." Hopefully this will be the talk of the world now until the album drops, we get reviews etc. Basically those shit stories were just circulated because the media can't handle not talking about the one true Queen for even a day :lmao:

Can't believe MADONNA (7) has more Grammys than Whitney (6), Mariah (5), Janet (5) or even Celine (5) esp since the first three have their R&B category to lean on...

2007 Best Long Form Music Video The Confessions Tour

2006 Best Electronic/Dance Album Confessions On A Dance Floor

1999 Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media. Beautiful Stranger (From Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me)

1998 Best Dance Recording Ray Of Light

1998 Best Pop Album Ray Of Light

1998 Best Short Form Music Video Ray Of Light

1991 Best Music Video, Long Form Madonna - Blonde Ambition World Tour Live

Yeah, but to be fair Celine also won Best Album

I'd rather have one Best Album win than "best dance recording," or "best short form video."