Madonna will PERFORM at the Grammy Awards!

I think she will perform at the Grammys no Super Bowl this time around but I'm sure she understands that she needs to promote the first single at least one performance.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

She could start with just a guitar and play the beginning of DP:

Take my sins and wash them away
Teach me how to pray
I’ve been stranded here in the dark
Take these walls away

I’ve been swimming in the ocean
Till I’m almost drowned
Give me something I can believe in
Teach me how to pray

And then start Living For Love!

Living for love makes the most sense, but I wonder what song they are holding back for day after the Grammys. Could she be performing that song? Billboard reported it as "at least one song" to be release the next day. Joan of arc? Just a thought.

Yeah "at least" one song means they don't know exactly how many. The official statement was that there was going to be "few" songs released in February and the rest of the album in March.

^ Yeah, she even said in one of the interviews there would be another batch around the time of the Grammys. I wouldn't be surprised if that changed now though. The whole situation is obviously fluid. I actually think it would be better to not do too many.

Living for love makes the most sense, but I wonder what song they are holding back for day after the Grammys. Could she be performing that song? Billboard reported it as "at least one song" to be release the next day. Joan of arc? Just a thought.

Maybe she will sing a remix of Living for Love with Alicia Keys and/or MNEK, and the next day they release Living for Love as a single with several remixes. It would be a good strategy!

She could start with just a guitar and play the beginning of DP:

And then start Living For Love!

This sounds like a great idea! I think she needs to focus on the music more than anything else (choreo, etc) in the first few performances. Have a live band, live singing with real backup singers. Just to shut down all the other noise from controversies, and hook the broader audience. These songs have the potential to gain fans just based on the quality of the music, and they should be presented with that in mind.

Focusing on music shouldn't keep her from putting on an amazing classic M theatrical show. She can still do a big show while having a live band and back up singers

She's done the theatrical show a lot, it's pretty much expected now. Why not do something different and focusing mainly on the music, like the way she did Fever and Bad Girl on SNL?

Speaking of SNL, I saw a commercial for SNL 40th anniversary show, to be held on Feb 15th. Not sure if the show will feature any musical performances, but if so it would be another great occasion for an M live performance!!

She's done the theatrical show a lot, it's pretty much expected now. Why not do something different and focusing mainly on the music, like the way she did Fever and Bad Girl on SNL?

Yeah but this particular song (LFL) needs a big classic M theatrical rendition, in my opinion. Maybe if it was reworked or a different song, a simple live performance would work, but LFL just screams for a big show

I think Rebel Heart could be the second single, after all she has never named an album after a song and not release it as a single. I love the idea of an acoustic Devil Pray before Living For Love but it would be cool an acoustic version of Rebel Heart too.

Edited by Macromad

Guest CzarnaWisnia

This sounds like a great idea! I think she needs to focus on the music more than anything else (choreo, etc) in the first few performances. Have a live band, live singing with real backup singers. Just to shut down all the other noise from controversies, and hook the broader audience. These songs have the potential to gain fans just based on the quality of the music, and they should be presented with that in mind.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Maybe she should just grab an acoustic guitar and 2 live backup singers while she sits on a chair and sings. This should really hook the audience.

Living For Love calls for a POWERFUL, NOISY, STORM LIKE, BIG ASS SHOW a la Hung Up, live or not, it doesn't work other way and she shouldn't do it other way, simple doesn't work for this and it doesn't have an impact.

Maybe she should just grab an acoustic guitar and 2 live backup singers while she sits on a chair and sings. This should really hook the audience.

Would love this actually.