Madonna will PERFORM at the Grammy Awards!

how could you be underwhelmed by her music opener of 2001?

I just was. I haven't watched it in years, but I remember one of my classes in college watched it (don't ask) and everyone thought it was underwhelming. They expected more from Madonna. The DWT performance was MUCH better.

How did it blow you away? She barely did anything.

It's hard to articulate it. Maybe it's not what she did, but how she did it. There was a vibe, in addition to the element of surprise. If there are to be gay (+others) weddings on live TV, Madonna better be there! But, not just that. A pop star needs to be in-and-of the moment in the zeitgeist to be relevant, and her popping up like that, even for a few moments, made everything seems more, for lack of a better term, "legitimate." That's how important, I believe, her presence there was. Add to this the Southern drawl with which she sang those few lines of Open Your Heart and you have a trifecta of POP sensibility. The drawn out "me" in "open your heart to me" is particularly gut-wrenching.

She was like the high priestess giving her consent to the gay weddings. She barely did anything, but her presence was a symbolic blessing.

Her new Grammy performance will be more active this time, she'll be the center of attention cause this time, it's all about her! :madonna2:

It's hard to articulate it. Maybe it's not what she did, but how she did it. There was a vibe, in addition to the element of surprise. If there are to be gay (+others) weddings on live TV, Madonna better be there! But, not just that. A pop star needs to be in-and-of the moment in the zeitgeist to be relevant, and her popping up like that, even for a few moments, made everything seems more, for lack of a better term, "legitimate." That's how important, I believe, her presence there was. Add to this the Southern drawl with which she sang those few lines of Open Your Heart and you have a trifecta of POP sensibility. The drawn out "me" in "open your heart to me" is particularly gut-wrenching.

Well, I'm glad you got something out of it. I found it underwhelming.

It's hard to articulate it. Maybe it's not what she did, but how she did it. There was a vibe, in addition to the element of surprise. If there are to be gay (+others) weddings on live TV, Madonna better be there! But, not just that. A pop star needs to be in-and-of the moment in the zeitgeist to be relevant, and her popping up like that, even for a few moments, made everything seems more, for lack of a better term, "legitimate."

Well said. I will say it again - I absolutely loved that "moment".

I loved the fact that she was there as if blessing the whole ceremony. But i didn't like that she was as hieratic as a 90 year old, and she had that cane and when she started to sing it was as if she was in pain.

I hated last year grammy's performance too. She looked tired, that cane was awful, her outfit looked like Colonel Sanders aand her voice sounded nasal. Hopefully this year performance will brng back the Madonna we all love.

Guest gang bang

I hated last year grammy's performance too. She looked tired, that cane was awful, her outfit looked like Colonel Sanders aand her voice sounded nasal. Hopefully this year performance will brng back the Madonna we all love.

to me her performance was so emotional

I loved her performance but for some reason everyone came to me saying she looked old and that version of OYH was terrible. My brothers loved it and others (like me) got emotional and thought it was perfect.

Except for some of the background vocals, LFL is not LAP redux, so let's toss that idea to the curb. And while BIM is fun, LFL is far better and certainly more of a universal anthem that he does so darn well.

And it should make for an epic performance in February.

Guest HaveASit

The problem with last year perfomance was the number of people on stage. M was there with Queen Latifah, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and that other singer I don't know the name. The Queen needs to be alone.

Except for some of the background vocals, LFL is not LAP redux, so let's toss that idea to the curb. And while BIM is fun, LFL is far better and certainly more of a universal anthem that he does so darn well.

And it should make for an epic performance in February.

Yeah I think they successfully made it different enough from LAP, especially the final mix.

I remember people hating the EMA performance day of ... Especially her voice ... Truth is that performance sealed her iconic confessions era and truly gave her 10 more relevant years.

That performance should never be underestimated. I think she will try to hit a similar shock and awe. At least half the people here will hate it no matter what she does based on their own lame expectations.

I think another EMA performance ala Hung Up is destined.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think we can say goodbye to a Madonna Grammy performance. They could be pressured to drop Madonna from the show using the excuse of her racism/cultural appropriation. That could be the goal here.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think we can say goodbye to a Madonna Grammy performance. They could be pressured to drop Madonna from the show using the excuse of her racism/cultural appropriation. That could be the goal here.

No one in the world (who is sane) cares one iota about this. No one thinks Madonna is racist except loony tunes people. Last year she was in the midst of a "scandal" bigger than this one, and she was on the Grammys. This is no different that the public outrage she has caused for thirty years.

She has been in worse controversies and nothing have happened to her in that aspect. No need to worry here for just a bunch of ignorant retarded assholes that cannot join a simple braincell together and are that desperate to find a reason to hate on the QUEEN.