Madonna will PERFORM at the Grammy Awards!

Alicia just gave birth so very unlikely she will be joining..

Girl all she gotta do is sit behind a piano. She can do her best "You Must Love Me" video impersonation.

Call me a flop flan and maybe I'm having a brain seizure, but was it Niki Haris who ORIGINALLY sung on Like A Prayer (the main female choir parts?). :blush: Or someone else from Andrae Crouch's choir who was never credited? Of course, Like A Prayer wasn't actually performed until a whole year later, with Niki Harris taking the female chorister lead during BAT. But if it was performed at the time as a one-off awards show performance, I wonder if Madonna would have used the original choir.

Which leads me to this... I wonder who will perform Annie Bowden's and the rest of the London Community Gospel Choir's parts when she does perform this on the Grammys (and hopefully elsewhere for more promo afterwards). I'm guessing it would be too expensive/unnecessary to fly out the LCGC from London to LA for the Grammys for the performance. So I wonder what will happen? A local choir perhaps? Another performer singing Annie's parts?

The LCGC could easily be replaced without anyone really noticing a difference between the studio/live version, but another session singer singing Annie's bits would change the tone somewhat, no? For example, LAP at MTV On Stage and On The Record had a lovely lead vocalist with some nice ad-libs but it just wasn't the same as Niki screaming her head off during BAT :wow: :wow:. Would be good to have the original session singer for LFL on the Grammys too.

I say fuck the rules… I can't believe they don't let M perform alone, though I'm sure they won't. I hope she performs with Disclosure :p Wishful thinking. I've looked up the nominees and I'm afraid she will choose someone like Miley, Katy or Iggy.

The rule is clear she can't be alone because she is not nominated. Who can sing that with her that is nominated? Alicia? Annie?

There still seems to be confusion as to who is singing the post-chorus on Living For Love. It's Annie Bowden from The London Community Gospel Choir, NOT Annie the Norwegian singer. (OR Alicia Keys which seems to be the biggest misconception among the general public; she of course is just playing piano). :thumbsup:

This is her: https://twitter.com/AnnieVocals

She'll take us to church...

USWBV0500225_640x480_1.jpg

I expect her to open the show with Alicia on backing vocals and a huge choir. She'll be literally lifted up away from the stage at the end..

Poof!

Disappear!

like-a-prayer-GIF-boing.gif

She'll ascend to heaven!

And Oprah will feel like she just got home.

oprah-dancing-like-a-psycho-o.gif

tumblr_n5r8ltGmIT1qhjm0go2_250.gif

The rule is clear she can't be alone because she is not nominated. Who can sing that with her that is nominated? Alicia? Annie?

Of course she can be alone, all she has to do is share the stage 10 seconds with a nominee (like Alicia) and then sing her song alone like the queen she is. See the Gorillaz/Hung Up performance... :laugh:

Would be interesting if Alicia sang Annie's part. Sounds like her anyway. Is Alicia nominated for anything. Maybe Adele? We know she wanted her to sing at the Super Bowl. But she's not nominated either, so I wouldn't surprised if she just gets a whole bunch of artists - Miley, Katy, etc. - to sing along with the choir. I'm sure that would fulfill the requirements. That's not the kind of thing that opens the Grammys typically though - they'd probably want to air it later and run promos like "Madonna and special guests coming up in six hours!"

Oh shit she gave birth?? surely Alicia can leave the baby at home for a few hours or something and go to the Grammys, she has about a month till then.

Seriously. Some people act like giving birth renders the mother immobile for 18 years.

The cat's out of the bag. She is performing with Gaga, she is nominated.

No way.

Gaga is nominated with Tony Benett, it would be ridiculous :laugh:

Will she perform RH, DP and another unleaked track off the new album?

The video for Living for love will be published the same week, so...

can't wait! Can't wait for u2's performance as well. i"ve heard the public will have no escape from them, their performance will be streamed in every single tv channel in the globe live

yawn for u2

If she's going to perform at the Grammys, then it needs to be a badass performance of LFL. The video will probably drop right before or after in conjunction with the new music on the 9th. We will get the new look, video, performance, and music all together; It's brilliant to do this promotion all at the same time. I'm sure she has been planning what she wants to do if she does perform for awhile.

I hope other than the "Two Steps Behind" fiasco that Gaga is not mentioned or involved in some fashion or controversy for Rebel Heart going forward. Let that ship sail already. She's not in the same league as Madonna and that's always been the case.