Girl Gone Wild vs Turn Up The Radio

loomer

The MDNA classic is.....  

82 members have voted

1. 1. It's so HYPNOTIC

• Girl Gone Wild
    • Turn Up The Radio

Although both are pretty cheap, and TUTR has better lyrics and vocals, I still prefer camp-fest GGW with it's death-cringe lyrics and robotic nasal cheese vocals. It's more energetic and has more attitude/mood than TUTR.

:rotfl: perfect!!!!!

I love GGW, although I've always thought it's missing a snare, could have made the chorus a lot more powerful.

TUTR bores me, so I voted for TUTR being the worst out of the 2.

I love GGW, although I've always thought it's missing a snare, could have made the chorus a lot more powerful.

TUTR bores me, so I voted for TUTR being the worst out of the 2.

Oh shit, that maybe wasn't clear.. when I said "which is worse" I didn't mean vote for the worst, just was wondering which would turn out the least fave and worst in the fans opinion of these much derided songs.

Which is worse: Turn Up the Radio

Though I don't necessarily think either song is bad.

Edit:

ohhhh... I read the first post, so now I re-did my answer.

Edited by TXIII

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Oh shit, that maybe wasn't clear.. when I said "which is worse" I didn't mean vote for the worst, just was wondering which would turn out the least fave and worst in the fans opinion of these much derided songs.

I'm confused now... :huh:

Thanks for telling me! I changed my vote!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Girl Gone Wild all the way!! I still catch myself singing it. The verses are everything!

I actually love the organ (or organ-like/light) used in that song. It gives it a tone and distinction.

The lyrics are just so lazy in TUTR I can't enjoy it. Which is strange because Hung Up and Music both have ridiculous lyrics but I don't even notice them, those songs are just so damn good. I'm unsure as to why I can't detract myself from them. Also the way she sings "Turn Up The Radio" in very quiet and gentle voice!?

So I guess it's Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito Mix), sorry the album version is so dull, and the stupid pitched voice where she sounds like cat say "wild" really bugs me!!

TUTR of karaoke nights were some middle-aged housewife tries to sing over a cheap instrumental remake of a Black Eyed Peas song.

GGW could've been a much bigger hit had it been released instead of Give Me a New Flop. It's catchy and addictive. The video is one of Madonna's most iconic in recent years and the live performance slays. I think the song is more about letting go of inhibitions and fully devoting yourself to the beat of the music and dance. Fuck how old you are, you can still be a Girl Gone Wild and you don't have to be regretful about it.

TUTR has dire production, an even more repetitive and dumb chorus than GGW and her vocals are just really awkward in this. She changed the melody of the Sunday Girl version for the worse. It just sounds dull and bland.

Girl Gone Wild is one of my faves in MDNA and I believe it's already THE classic song from MDNA. At first I hated the lyrics but I can't help loving that beat and the catchy melody, the video was an instant Madonna classic as well and the tour performance was Madonna doing what she does best: putting on a great show.