WHY was Love Spent originally a BONUS track?

loowee

I have wondered this so many times. I remember looking at the original track list and just ASSUMING B-day song would be weak by the title alone, and then shortly before the release, the whole list was shuffled, and I was so happy to see Love Spent on the album proper, again knowing nothing about it except for the title lol. And then, it was released and became one of the best things of my life.

I can't imagine. Maybe she felt she was being too open about her feelings towards her broken marriage and didn't want to give the song the center stage of being on the album? Knowing how good it was maybe she didn't want it completely unreleased? Question marks, I truly have no idea. I get the feeling someone fought for it. I don't understand if a song was only to be a bonus track why would they include an acoustic version? I think it's one of the best songs on the album so no clue.

This could be way off base and probably is, but maybe Madonna felt concerned for Rocco and David regarding this song. It portrayed their father as a total gold digger and she might of felt uneasy for them in that regard. Just a suggestion though. Madonna has always said that she wants her children to have wonderful relationships with their fathers and she has made sure of that which is admirable.

Why is Beautiful Killer on the bonus cd ? I fucked up is superior to Superstar that should have stayed in the vault unleaked forever. Why was GGW even recorded ?

MDNA gave us one of her greatest tracks ( Love spent, falling free, i'm addicted) along her worsts ( Girl gone wild, superstar...).

MDNA is one of my favorite albums and LS is one of my all time favorite tracks by M, but the album and era still gives the impression there was something off about the way things were executed. I'm not surprised about LS being a bonus track because the final album was one of most of the most incoherent albums even though the songs in themselves were catchy as hell.

Maybe cause lately she cant really judge her work properly: what is good and what isnt? The tendency is very obvious from 2008 onwards: she has been choosing the wrong singles over much stronger tracks and left off great tracks off the albums completely... I mean why Across The Sky wasnt on HC? Why TBGO and Devil Wouldnt Even Recognize you were NOT released as singles off HC? Why were Love Spent and I m Addicted not released as singles?

Love Spent is not overrated at all. If anything, it's underrated as shown by the fact that it was intended to become a bonus track only and it wasn't even performed on the European leg of the tour. I have never seen it being performed live and I'm sure I never will, so y'all need to sit down with this overrated crap.

What was the original tracklist for mdna? I've missed that.

As said before, it has B-Day Song on the album and Love Spent as bonus track but it also had a slightly different trackorder. Turn Up The Radio, GMAYL and Some Girls were switched around a little bit.

As said before, it has B-Day Song on the album and Love Spent as bonus track but it also had a slightly different trackorder. Turn Up The Radio, GMAYL and Some Girls were switched around a little bit.

I never read the original track list until I looked it up after reading this post. It actually seems like the songs rearranged might have possibly made the album flow better?? I think I prefer the original track list for the flow, but yeah it would have been disappointing to have LS on the second disc which would have meant most people would have never heard it.

Beautiful Killer belongs on the album too IMO. One of the best MDNA tracks along with Love Spent. Maybe she/they felt the bonus CD needed one great song or fans would not be interested in buying the deluxe.

Yes it does!

Is there any way of knowing whether the standard or deluxe MDNA scanned more copies, or is that info unattainable?

What was the original tracklist for mdna? I've missed that.

Original tracklist for MDNA:

1. Girls Gone Wild (No, that's not a typo.)

2. Gang Bang

3. I’m Addicted

4. Some Girls

5. I Don’t Give A

6. Turn Up the Radio

7. Give Me All Your Luvin’

8. B-day Song

9. Superstar

10. I’m a Sinner

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

13. Love Spent (Bonus Track)

14. I Fucked Up (Bonus Track)

15. Beautiful Killer (Bonus Track)

TUTR followed by GMAYL, Superstar and I'm a Sinner...I guess they didn't wanna put all the crappy, happy-go-lucky songs next to each other, lol.

The answer is as follows:

Over the last few years, record companies have been purposely putting good songs onto the bonus albums and even releasing singles off the bonus albums in the hopes that it will entice people to fork over a few more bucks. Many artists have been doing this, not just Madonna.

This is the same person who was originally recording 'Vogue' to be a B-Side and wanted Candy Shop to be the lead single off Hard Candy. Madonna herself has mentioned that she can never tell what will be a hit with people so i'm guessing she was convinced to put Love Spent on the standard issue after people's reactions to it.

The answer is as follows:

Over the last few years, record companies have been purposely putting good songs onto the bonus albums and even releasing singles off the bonus albums in the hopes that it will entice people to fork over a few more bucks. Many artists have been doing this, not just Madonna.

That's interesting. It does make sense.