Is having a home studio &/or going indie a possible solution to preventing leaks?

All conspiracy theorists who think she's leaking them on purpose please don't even bother getting into this thread because I will not entertain you presence.

Right, okay, let's get philosophical and existential now. The leaks have been terrible for Madonna - there's no other way of slicing this shit up. Yes, she's been a victim of leaks for a good 10+ years now, however, this time it's quite different. To actually have pretty much what seems to be the entirety of her demos for this album's sessions leaked is excessive and clearly malicious. Whoever's doing it is very angry and wants to sabotage her.

Could it be perhaps that the best way to prevent those leaks is for her to actually have complete control of her music by having her own home studio and by having her own label? I know she'll still need staff to trust and obviously they could leak things... but it seems like a logical first step, no?

It would definitely help with the security issues and she would have more time to record and produce the songs. Logistically speaking would be a bit more difficult to get her and her writers and producers all in the same city at the same time together...

I mean, yes, Madonna has always been a major label queen and all that, but at least if she has her own home studio then she will own the masters herself. Surely that's a first step. I know she's right with money but come on, a home studio ain't that expensive. Even Torn Anus has one.

It would definitely help with the security issues and she would have more time to record and produce the songs. Logistically speaking would be a bit more difficult to get her and her writers and producers all in the same city at the same time together...

But it worked for COADF, which was recorded mostly in Stuart Price's home studio. And most of the leaked stuff from that era was recorded with other producers (Mirwais, Bagge & Peer and Bloodshy & Avant).

I'm not sure how the technicalities would work, but I'm surprised she hasn't built a studio in her home - given how private she is. I'd love for someone to ask her, as I'm sure she'd have a well-reasoned answer for this.

Yes, I agree entirely. She shouldn't have to do this, but with the fact that virtually all of her demos have leaked for the Rebel Heart album, it seems a wise choice. These leaks are damaging and obviously done by a malicious vindictive person or persons. Having her own studio in her home with her own label would at least give her complete control about when her music is heard and the exact versions that she wants to be heard.

Yes,Madonna definitely needs to have her own studio.Producers can work with her at this studio,but NONE of their recordings are to leave the premises.Everything stays there with Madonna.Hire some security guards,if necessary :) Things would probably work alot easier if she only worked with one producer on a project.It would be easier to keep track of everything.

Madonna's best solution for preventing leaks is a shorter delay between recording and getting the album prepared for release. Madonna is a traditionalist as a recording artist. And likely felt if Beyoncé could keep an album safe and secure so could she. Madonna should have dropped this year instead of waiting for early next. Music today is immediate.

Madonna's best solution for preventing leaks is a shorter delay between recording and getting the album prepared for release. Madonna is a traditionalist as a recording artist. And likely felt if Beyoncé could keep an album safe and secure so could she. Madonna should have dropped this year instead of waiting for early next. Music today is immediate.

I agree! These days,it's risky to spend many months working on an album,hyping it up on social media,teasing fans with song titles,etc....and expect that nothing will leak.Madonna probably should have released the album last month (November),which is when many of us thought it would be released.If she had done that,these current leaks would be irrelevent.

Yes,Madonna definitely needs to have her own studio.Producers can work with her at this studio,but NONE of their recordings are to leave the premises.Everything stays there with Madonna.Hire some security guards,if necessary :) Things would probably work alot easier if she only worked with one producer on a project.It would be easier to keep track of everything.

But isn't a lot of music now done on computers and laptops? So a lot of times I think there aren't actual physical recordings but just digital files. I guess she could require that the producers only use her computer, but I thought a lot of producers like to have access to the music things they are working on and work on them at their home in their own time so they don't always have to travel to an actual studio to finish them.

I guess releasing an album earlier might help, but I thought some of these recordings were stolen before she had actually finished them. Yes, she could release things more quickly but that might lead to a weaker album if she feels pressured to finish things up super quickly so they don't get stolen. So I'm not sure what the answer is.

I guess we would have to know how the recordings were stolen. Was her computer hacked or were they actually taken from the studio?

Well... If we read correctly what she said, her computer has been hacked. No matter if she was inside her home or outside, it would have happened anyway, so...

This.

I think its just a matter of getting the right security arrangements for her technology. She doesn't have to totally change her routine.

Also hasn't she previously come out against home studios because of the cost? :chuckle:

I suppose. But based on what she said in recent interviews, she took the right precautions, and I'm kinda shocked all those recordings escaped from her hands. This happened to all of her more recent albums. But since these songs were sold and traded to the wrong people, it just got out of hand.

At the end of the day, what she really needs to do is not to send any of the songs out to friends and producers. Before all these leaks, how many people did we know of that heard the songs? Bianco? Arriane? Orbit? Mert & Marcus?

If people want to get her work they'll manage to anyhow. Why Madonna and not any other popstar ? Because contrary to what some want to make us believe there's a demand for unreleased Madonna stuff, people want to listen to it and not only fans hence the success of the leaks. Would a leak of Mariah material have had the same impact in the world ? Not even an officially released album did. So as long as there will be crazy "fans" willing to pay 25 000$ for a demo, there will be leaks except if from now on all Madonna's employees will have to sign an agreement concerning leaking material and informations. Sad but true :/

If people want to get her work they'll manage to anyhow. Why Madonna and not any other popstar ? Because contrary to what some want to make us believe there's a demand for unreleased Madonna stuff, people want to listen to it and not only fans hence the success of the leaks. Would a leak of Mariah material have had the same impact in the world ? Not even an officially released album did. So as long as there will be crazy "fans" willing to pay 25 000$ for a demo, there will be leaks except if from now on all Madonna's employees will have to sign an agreement concerning leaking material and informations. Sad but true :/

I blame DM and Rama for this. Thinking back, their exclusives now come off as promo and advertisements for the sales of those demos.

I blame DM and Rama for this. Thinking back, their exclusives now come off as promo and advertisements for the sales of those demos.

It was so weird to have them display so much informations on illegally obtained material like this. I wonder if collectors & traders freaked out when they read those. They are so paranoid, they don't feel like they are stealing from Madonna but they feel robbed when the files they have leak. The logic. Go figure.

At the end of the day, what she really needs to do is not to send any of the songs out to friends and producers. Before all these leaks, how many people did we know of that heard the songs? Bianco? Arriane? Orbit? Mert & Marcus?

That sounds good as far as keeping them secret, but I think she likes to get feedback from people she trusts and whose opinion she respects. Not playing them to anyone might make the record less good and make her more insular and out of touch. I have friends who are in bands (not famous like Madonna obviously) and they always play their new material for people they know to get their opinion and feedback on whether the tracks are good or not. It seems to me a lot of the ideas in this thread may help keep the record more secret but at the same time they might make the music less good.

That sounds good as far as keeping them secret, but I think she likes to get feedback from people she trusts and whose opinion she respects. Not playing them to anyone might make the record less good and make her more insular and out of touch. I have friends who are in bands (not famous like Madonna obviously) and they always play their new material for people they know to get their opinion and feedback on whether the tracks are good or not. It seems to me a lot of the ideas in this thread may help keep the record more secret but at the same time they might make the music less good.

Maybe she should invite these people over to her home so she can play it or go to their place and play it for them?

Surely Madonna's Team must of known about their exclusives and wondered how they had the info if not through stolen demos. Those sites should have been exterminated.

MNation didn't do anything and we've got some really strict (but necessary) rules in place now. It seems those two sites could just do whatever...

Maybe she should invite these people over to her home so she can play it or go to their place and play it for them?

Well this is how we got Girl Gone Wild and GMAYL when someone filmed outside her house in London while she was playing the tracks at full volume in june of 2011 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest bluejean

I don't think so. I think things can be just as secure at a big studio. It's more about the hands it falls into. We know she shared around these demos with a variety of people to get "feedback." Who knows who else had access.

I think the difference between Madonna and other artists like Beyonce is that Madonna has such a huge longterm following so we have a whole community of people out there bribing people and paying huge dollars for this unreleased material. Even industry professionals can be persuaded to sell those tracks if the price is right. AND say she passes them onto 10 people she's working closely with. It only takes one or two of them to share it with someone else close that they trust and before you know it just gets spread from one person to another to another. The idea that anyone would have new Madonna tracks and not share it with anyone is just inconceivable. Madonna is a big deal. I know I know, the Beyonce's and the so and so's are big deals as well and actually sell more than Madonna but at the end of the day the obsession some people have with this megastar is unlike any other. Only Elvis, The Beatles and MJ fans would be equally as fanatical I think. I can't see Beyonce fans shelling out these prices for some unreleased track that will mean nothing to the world in 10 years time.

Guest bluejean

We can assume that its not realistic to do that. For example, Orbitter being one of them was probably in a different location. Her most valued friends and business associates are all around the world.

I guess we will never know who is responsible but I imagine it's people close to her sharing it with people THEY trust and it spreading it from there. TRUST NO BITCH.

One thing is certain: Madonna has to try a different approach in the future,or else this stuff will keep happening whenever she records an album.She's gotta find a way to protect her music.Do we really wanna go through all this again in two-three years (demos leaking early,messing up her promotional plans)? It's a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

Madonna is 2 disciplined 4 a home studio, she needs that 'We're on the clock/this studio costs money/let's work/cracks whip'.

I think she works best in that mind frame. Plus I'm pretty sure she has a 'music room' in her houses, with recording devices.

In this digital age, it's basically child's play 2 record like that.

& Maybe she wants a sense of 'going 2 work' & coming back 'home' afterwards.

One thing is certain: Madonna has to try a different approach in the future,or else this stuff will keep happening whenever she records an album.She's gotta find a way to protect her music.Do we really wanna go through all this again in two-three years (demos leaking early,messing up her promotional plans)? It's a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

Knowing Madonna, her log in name would be: Madonna, and Password: Lola ( or anyone of her four children ).

"How the fuck did those shits guess my user password Guy?" "mother fuck" sprays mouth with that solution from blond ambition tour ( same bottle) mother fuck, alright I have changed it now to Olga, let's see those shits guess it now! Guy O replies, oooooh now that's a difficult one, they will never be able to guess that one.