Double-album Concept vs One Long Album?

74 members have voted

1. 1. Bipartite Album or Not?

• Split 'em Up!
    • All In One!

One album but double-album sequencing. Meaning, tracks 1-9 belong to the "rebel" side, track 10 would be Rebel Heart and tracks 11-19 belong to the "heart" side.

This sounds actually a great idea considering the leaks. Without the leaks I would prefer the double album concept. As long as it has a cohesive sound I'm happy.

I was really hoping for a super-tight ten track album as opposed to an MDNA deluxe cluster fuck. I'd personally rather two shorter albums of supreme quality within a shorter amount of time than a whole bunch of stuff shoved onto a deluxe edition with years in between a new album

This. Quality over quantity. Just like ROL (Has ti Be) and Music (Cyberraga). And please Madonna, give us the lyrics with the booklet!!!

Well, I was excited about the double album concept because it meant more songs! And I can never get enough Madonna.

But as far as listening to music I prefer the more eclectic approach where the different type of songs are mixed together between the Rebel and the Heart type of songs. I feel listening to all slow serious songs or all fun lighthearted songs in a row would be bit dull and one note for me. I like the variety and different feelings you get if the two types of songs are alternated.

Same here.

I'm glad that the majority here prefers a bipartite album concept. Some people here are misunderstanding the idea. It's about presenting two sonically/emotionally different records rather than dividing uptempos and downtempos. The HEART songs can still be uptempo club tracks (Living For Love) and the REBEL songs can still be slower (Illuminati), so I don't really get how having a double album would make the listening experience more boring. What I'm really worried about is how this 19-track album can flow smoothly without sounding all over the place. She really needs to carefully sequence this record in order to bring out its identity. I may be overacting but I'm not here for another "light-and-darkness" eclectic MDNA cluster! I still have faith in Madonna's craft though so I'm hoping for the best!

:thumbsup:

Exactly. ROL is cohesive but not boring. I just think an album needs to be tied together either sonically or thematically. I'm still curious to see how something like BIM will work alongside something like JOA. Even if they're at opposite ends of the album, I'm not sure it makes much sense.

It would be interesting to know what songs she would have put in Rebel and which on Heart though. But I think I prefer all mixed.

At this stage, I would make a double album, one with the final work, and the other disc with the demo.

I don't really understand how the leaks would effect it being a double album?! The songs could be placed anywhere on the album? 19 songs across 2 discs or 1 disc?! So confused by guy and Ms comments?!

I'm also confused by that. I hope some followup information comes out to better explain it.

DOUBLE ALBUM!

REBEL

1 Unapologetic Bitch

2 Bitch I'm Madonna

3 Illuminati

4 SEX

5 Holy Water

6 Body Shop

7 Devil Pray

8 Two Steps Behind

9 Beautiful Scars

10 Tragic Girl

11 Veni Vedi Vici

HEART

1 Living For Love

2 Rebel Heart

3 Joan Of Arc

4 Ghosttown

5 Heartbreak City

6 Addicted (The One that Got Away)

7 Inside Out

8 Best Night

9 Nothing Lasts Forever

10 Messiah

11 Wash All Over Me (Acoustic)

I would have loved 'Rebel' album and then 'Heart' album. I think that shows thought behind the whole release. Currently I'm not seeing anything futuristic when it comes to promotion. Guy and the rest of the bitches need to GO! I think she is the easiest gig for Guy.

Stop saving children and shit. Stop skiing. Stop wasting time in Brazil. Stop going to ... that shitty poor part of USA she went to... just stop and fuck the music scene like you did... long ago. I'm sorry but MADONNA name doesn't cut it any more. The music is there, its solid and brilliant... but the general population is retarded and need to be told what to listen to.

Just do it for fuck sakes.

Jesus.

I think double album would be really interesting, 19 tracks on 1 album would feel a little crammed, and the different styles may make the album feel messy i.e. Artpop.

If it were a double album I'd want them released together, not 1 in march and the other in october like Justin Timberlake did, I'd be worried the second half would never see the light of day just like Veronica Electronica never happened because of The Next Best Thing.

The most important thing though is that WAOM is on the album!!

• 2 weeks later...