Double-album Concept vs One Long Album?

74 members have voted

1. 1. Bipartite Album or Not?

• Split 'em Up!
    • All In One!

Madonna originally wanted to go with the REBEL/HEART two-set concept, but for some reason changed her mind after the leak, meaning the rebel tracks and the heart tracks are gonna be mixed together (Not sure if she meant the order of the tracklist or times of release)

How would you want Rebel Heart to be served?

Are u still hoping for a double-album (not necessarily two CDs, just a tracklist that divides into two chapters) with two distinct sounds?

Or do you prefer a more eclectic 19-track record that has everything mixed together?

Well, I was excited about the double album concept because it meant more songs! And I can never get enough Madonna.

But as far as listening to music I prefer the more eclectic approach where the different type of songs are mixed together between the Rebel and the Heart type of songs. I feel listening to all slow serious songs or all fun lighthearted songs in a row would be bit dull and one note for me. I like the variety and different feelings you get if the two types of songs are alternated.

I like the idea of splitting it up, mostly because she's never done a double (studio) album, but partly because I think the two styles might clash too much. I'd rather not have to skip every other track (depending on my mood).

All in one + an extra CD with the songs that didn't make it!!!! C'mon M!!

Yes please a deluxe version with an extra set of songs that didn't make the original concept!

Also, I'm not sure how even the songs released so far would fit the Rebel vs Heart theme. I guess UB and BIM would fit the Rebel part, and LFL and Ghosttown would fit the Heart, but I'm not sure which part DP or Illuminati would fit? I'm not sure if they fit either...

I'm reading people posts, but personally I'm not too sure what would be best. The two album split would be amazing if there are enough high quality tracks to fill it up, but agree filler tracks would bring the quality of the album down a bit. I do like how on MDNA they released a deluxe version even though only the hardcore fans listen to the bonus songs.

I'm a bit old school in that I miss the days of a very focused ten to twelve track album!

One long album of about 20 tracks would be perfect. Not keen on album fillers as we had with MDNA (B-day Song and Superstar especially).

Quality over quantity!

tumblr_mvds1kfnxZ1qkzr9fo1_500.gif

Here for both - a split album could be interesting (kind of like I am.... Sasha Fierce from Beyonce) but if I have to choose I would say I prefer it all mixed as maybe having all similar types of songs together could be boring. The 6 tracks so far are kinda mixed and so far is a perfect mix so I like how she is doing it now!

A double album could easily be done with the quality of music she's produced. I think it was such a great idea split it up between her Rebel side and her Heart side, a double-meaning to that song and album title that we never even considered, but typical of the brilliance of Madonna. And, as others have said, the simple fact that she's never done one before makes me all that much more in favor of it. Such a shame that the whole concept could be (is) shelved due to the leaks.

I love the idea of a double album.It gives her a chance to divide the two themes.Some of the "fun",wild tracks might not fit comfortably on an album with more "serious" tracks.I have always wanted Madonna to do a double album.I hope she changes her mind and decides to go through with it.

I'm glad that the majority here prefers a bipartite album concept. Some people here are misunderstanding the idea. It's about presenting two sonically/emotionally different records rather than dividing uptempos and downtempos. The HEART songs can still be uptempo club tracks (Living For Love) and the REBEL songs can still be slower (Illuminati), so I don't really get how having a double album would make the listening experience more boring. What I'm really worried about is how this 19-track album can flow smoothly without sounding all over the place. She really needs to carefully sequence this record in order to bring out its identity. I may be overacting but I'm not here for another "light-and-darkness" eclectic MDNA cluster! I still have faith in Madonna's craft though so I'm hoping for the best!

I was really hoping for a super-tight ten track album as opposed to an MDNA deluxe cluster fuck. I'd personally rather two shorter albums of supreme quality within a shorter amount of time than a whole bunch of stuff shoved onto a deluxe edition with years in between a new album

Two separate albums with 9 tracks each ( similar to what prince just did and guns n roses with use your illusion ) two different covers, different themes and scattered. And choose one single from each album

But most importantly give us a fucking LYRIC booklet bitch! with both separate albums!

Two separate albums with 9 tracks each ( similar to what prince just did and guns n roses with use your illusion ) two different covers, different themes and scattered. And choose one single from each album

But most importantly give us a fucking LYRIC booklet bitch! with both separate albums!

+ 1