Is Billboard the new Patrick Leonard?

So Ghosttown is her most acclaimed new song (I haven't read any review that dislikes it) and I believe its probably her most acclaimed song since COADF singles. It reminds me of a love child between Live To Tell and You ll See... It's strange that it comes from a producer she never hashtagged and judging by this: probably underestimates... But judging by the sound of it I think its the most suitable producer for her among all the others. I must say I love his Britney tracks too (and I ve never been a fan but I loved Hold It Against Me and the one about the world ending...). Is this guy really talented? Do you see her making a whole album with him? I d love that. I hope they have made other songs for Rebel Heart. The biggest surprise...

Guest bluejean

Ghosttown is overrated. Inside Out is MUCH better. As is Joan of Arc and Messiah.

But anyway it's great to see so many quality ballads on this album.

I agree with Elijah. It's one of those things where I listen and literally can't fathom how anyone could not be blown away by the whole song. But we all have different tastes and that's a good thing. And yes I like DP just as much. They are two of the best things she has EVER done.

I don't see how you take brooding ballads and put them together to get this peppy little one. Pretty number, but the other ballads shit all over it. I still say it sounds like a very well executed but generic pop tart song. And comparing this guy to Patrick Leonard is just plain inappropriate.

Do you really think any pop tart would do this justice? I have always felt that Madonna injected her ballads with a certain darkness and melancholy that no other pop ladies could duplicate and it's something that set her apart from the beginning. I just can't see anyone else in pop singing a ballad about two people left in the aftermath of a fallen world and giving it the majesty Madonna does. Ok I need to stop stanning for Ghosttown and DP lol.

I'm not saying it would be as good, my comment is more about the song itself. To me, I could hear this being on a Katy perry album or the like...Its a great song, I just don't think it comes anywhere close to live to tell or you'll see. I feel like it's a bit overproduced and it would be so much better stripped down a bit with madonnas vocals more front and centre

Neither Live To Tell nor You ll See are "stripped down". I m tired of ballads with a vocal and a guitar! This song is life because its overdramatic but real and it sounds like Madonna FEELS every word.

Yeah it doesn't have an "edge" but not every song does, especially a ballad. Does TUTBMP, Time Stood Still or I'll Remember have edge? Ghosttown is a totally different kind of song than Devil Prays and very earnest and heartfelt. I love it and think it could be a huge hit.

I'll remember has that special something that made it such a popular hit.

I'm not a fan of Ghost town either, it feels bland and generic to me, especially in comparison to her other ballads. It reminds of I Fucked up or Best Friend (I'm not even sure which is which) from MDNA.

Blashemy!!! I Fucked Up was really a fuck up and so was Best Friend and Ghosttown is nowhere those two songs. Its as epic as I ll Remember (which I loooove too).

I don't get the fuss around ghosttown, the lyrics are great but i'm not impressed at all by the production, Devil Prays is miles ahead.

I love Ghosttown but i agree, the lyrics are better than the production and Devil Prays is AWESOME.

I love Ghosttown but we can't compare Billboard who did ONE song with Madonna, to Patrick. And the reviews I've seen for it (which is irrelevant for this comparison) has been mixed - some good and some not so good.

Blashemy!!! I Fucked Up was really a fuck up and so was Best Friend and Ghosttown is nowhere those two songs. Its as epic as I ll Remember (which I loooove too).

no.

I'll remember has that special something that made it such a popular hit.

I'm not a fan of Ghost town either, it feels bland and generic to me, especially in comparison to her other ballads. It reminds of I Fucked up or Best Friend (I'm not even sure which is which) from MDNA.

Agree about Best Friend, but I Fucked Up is such a good song, and so is Ghosttown.

Do you really think any pop tart would do this justice? I have always felt that Madonna injected her ballads with a certain darkness and melancholy that no other pop ladies could duplicate and it's something that set her apart from the beginning. I just can't see anyone else in pop singing a ballad about two people left in the aftermath of a fallen world and giving it the majesty Madonna does. Ok I need to stop stanning for Ghosttown and DP lol.

M is probably underestimated about how good her ballads really are. Agree many of her ballads are quite dark and show more of her vulnerable side which is a interesting contrast to her dance material.