Diplo: Madonna might perform with me at Madison Square Garden

In anticipation of Diplo and Skrillex’ ringing-in-the-New-Year gig at Madison Square Garden, Time Out interviewed them and of course asked about Madonna…

Time Out:

Will Madonna sing with you at MSG?

Diplo:

She may come out and sing. If me and Skrillex are in town, people will come out. I’m inviting the entire New York Knicks to come shoot warm-ups during my set.

Time Out:

Can you talk about your work with Madonna?

Diplo:

The single comes out in February. There are two songs [the label] loves as singles; I don’t know which one will come out first. I go back next week on my birthday to mix more. She’s actually kind of hard-core. You can’t get away. I’ll be glad when we’re all wrapped up. It’s been a lot of work. I’ve worked harder on these songs than I’ve worked on our songs, and that’s a lot of fucking work.

Skrillex:

I’ve never seen him more like, Fuck, I have to go back.

Diplo:

If I can go back and wrap this up and make great songs for her… She’s the queen of making music. I remember having songs like “Cherish” and “Vogue” on cassette tapes. I’ve loved her production, and I’ve always loved how she’s a forward-thinking motherfucking beast. She was the first person to really bring in different sounds and co-opt things for her own sound, and I’ve always loved her for that.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/12/25/diplo-madonna-might-perform-with-me-at-madison-square-garden/#ixzz3Mv3v595q

I don't think he's a reliable person. Last time he said that the "crazy song" with reggae (=Unapologetic Bitch) had been chosen as the lead single...

I hope she is not overthinking things on this album. I remember Diplo saying Too Close was done in like 10 minutes. The entire LAP album was done in two weeks.

But then again, she recognized on her first album and on ROL to make changes when she didn't think things were working out, so I'm hoping this is the case here.

And thus continues the legacy of basically everyone she has ever written and produced with (a few exceptions) extolling her virtues and talent! Love this!

Me too! It's really ridiculous how people are STILL trying to deny her talent at this point :lmao:

She's the Queen and he knows it. So good for him I suppose. Let's hope he doesn't turn into an Orbitter in ten years when the Queen releases yet another hit album whilst next collaborators struggle to go Top 50.

Don't even say I'm being mean because YOU KNOW I'm RIGHT.