DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

To the people who hate "Holy Water" or the "BITCH GET OFF MY POLE" line, you are disgusting cunts, you are worse than diseased dogs.

Exactly. I prefer songs like "Holy Water" to the preachy shitfest of "Freedom" and its ilk.

Why does everything Madonna record have to be taken so seriously? Every word she says is pored over and overanalyzed... spiritually fans should compare a lot of these songs to "I'm Going Bananas", "Spanish Lesson" and other tracks where she's just having fun. :fag:

Nothing to be embarrassed about if you like it... some fans just need to lighten up.

Preachy or not, "Freedom" has a genuinely engaging hook and goes somewhere. "Holy Water" just meanders in meaningless sleaze. And worst of all, boring sleaze.

I'm sorry... "Freedom" is the worst song of the 30 we've heard.

Some of that preachy shitfest is joyous & uplifting & still fun.

It's not lyrically that people don't like Holy Water, it's the music I think.

I don't like the music, but I love the lyrics.

I love the 'bitch get off my pole' line :)

That's just your personal taste. I don't agree it's the worst.

That's my point. People are stating certain songs are the worst as though their opinion is absolute truth. It's all opinion.

Still, "Freedumb" and the other preachy tracks trigger my gag reflex like no others in the leaked set of songs. They tick all of the wrong boxes and my opinion (and that of those who agree) is just as valid as people repeatedly stating otherwise.

That such polarization exists is actually a compliment to the range of Madonna's work and the diversity of these demos.

Either way, it's going to be interesting to see what she whiddles the selection down to. 19 tracks seems like a lot and yet we have almost three dozen tracks in contention. It's gonna be something.

"Holy Water" actually reminds me of a Beck b-side called "Dirty, Dirty" from 2000 (around the time of "American Pie")

It's taken from his "Mixed Bizness" single which was also contains a great pre-Madonna remix by Stuart Price.

"Best Night" is the best of the erotic tracks. That spoken word alone is wonderful.

Yeah! It's great. Hope it makes the final tracklisting.

The little morons are having a blast now saying that Madonna is "still so obsessed with gaga" that she's even writing songs about her now. What are the lyrics to Two Steps Behind Me? i haven't listened to it. Or those other demos.

The little morons are having a blast now saying that Madonna is "still so obsessed with gaga" that she's even writing songs about her now. What are the lyrics to Two Steps Behind Me? i haven't listened to it. Or those other demos.

I'm liking Two Steps Behind Me but yes, she should avoid this on the album as Gaga will just use it as some much needed PR to stimulate interest in her fading career. The Munsters will also use it as an excuse to attack Madonna.

I definitely like the song more than some of the others though!

I can imagine Freedom being used in the obligatory gypsy / latino section of the live show :(

I like Never Let You Go. I can see the Kylie reference but I'd prefer this on the album as it's just a good piece of pop to some of the other tracks.

PS: I'm still stunned that any of this has happened. After GMAYL demo leaked, it seemed like we'd never get anything else but now we have more than we've ever got. This is unbelievable!

LITERALLY SHAKING IT TO BACK THAT UP

I imagine dancing to it with Ulizos at the club and we r both drunk in love and annoying people

this is some Tom tom club fuckery I approve of

Did anything leak yesterday apart from Never Let You Go and Two Steps Behind Me? I've read something about an alternate version of Messiah and Living For Love feat. MNEK, which I highly doubt, since it was recorded much later than the leaked demos.

The more I've listened to Two Steps Behind Me, I say screw what Gaga and her munster fans think! That song is GOOD and should be included on the album. Come on Madonna get that one out there! It's too good to be ignored.

It's a good track and there's serious denial that this is about Gaga. Come on, the piano and the tone she's singing in the verses gives it away that this is about Gaga.

It's a good track and there's serious denial that this is about Gaga. Come on, the piano and the tone she's singing in the verses gives it away that this is about Gaga.

True. It can't be denied. I don't see why she would record such a song and not realize that if people heard the song they would immediately think of LG and the supposed rivalry between the two. But honestly though, this song is so good and I hope Madonna keeps with her current rebel nature and puts it on the album to spite the entire situation. The song is simply too good to be dismissed so easily.

Edited by OddlyEven