DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

The "Illuminati" demo is so fucking great! :1251:

Agreed. This is one case where I like the demo version much better than the album version. They took all the life out of it. :(

Guest Pud Whacker

Agreed. This is one case where I like the demo version much better than the album version. They took all the life out of it. :(

i agree. i prefer the demo.

---

which is the one where, i believe, she starts with "Oh my god"?

cause its in my head and i cant figure it out!!!

i agree. i prefer the demo.

---

which is the one where, i believe, she starts with "Oh my god"?

cause its in my head and i cant figure it out!!!

SEX

Guest Pud Whacker

I LOVE THE ACOUSTIC WASH ALL OVER ME!!!

i die for this shit. i wish the whole album was like this. its so delicate.

Here is my tracklist. Not necessarily my favourites, but what I think will give her a great album that wil have widespread success. So its not about every track needing to be a 'hit' but an album that will show off a good range, and be regarded as good solid pop music. Personaly, I judge music by how it gets into your head and if you find yourself singing it when youre doing something else - that has been the case with nearly all the demos, so they definitely all have potential. But to cut it down to 19 tracks is hard, so some tough decision will need to be made.

My thoughts:

1. LFL - although I dont really like the vocals or effects in the verses

2. Devil Prays

3. Ghosttown

4. Unapologetic bitch

5. Illuminati

6. Bitch Im Madonna

8. Joan of Arc - I hope this is not changed too much from the demo, as its almost perfect the way it is

other songs to include on the album:

rebel heart - needs to be more like the acoustic version, or else a full dance track. She has tended to overuse the "soft acoustic verses build to EDM post chorus breakdown" on too many songs, so if this is going to be a single, go all out, otherwise forget the EDM

addicted - definitly one of the more catchy. Could be a bit less rock and more pop in the beginning

Wash all over me - i like either version, although her vocals are a bit off in the chorus so hoepfully she re-records those

never let you go - its fun and solid, not a single but adds dimension to the album.

beuatiful scars - deifntly one of may favourites. Nothing to change except it needs a more instantly recognisable intro.

inside out - excellent song

body shop - its so cute. I wouldnt change anything about it. It sounds liek it was written as a love song from a pixar Cars movie.

graffit heart - its OK at the moment, and fits where this album shoudl be going, but needs some work on the production (and a bridge)

best night - great song, nothing to change

god is love or revolution or freedom or borrowed time - she should only have one these songs, as they are basically all about the same thing (and all too much like Hey You). I think Freedom is the strongest of these, although maybe she could reword the best bits from all of these into a single song.

iconic - i dont really like this song, it sounds like it woudl be better as a Katy Perry song. but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it has been reworded, as it defintely has potential to become a belter anthem. She needs to sing it out more and get rid of the dubstep post chorus.

messiah - a nice ballad to balance out the album. Although this is the song to move out if there's a great new song we havent heard yet.

THESE NEED TO BE ALSO ON THE ALBUM:

veni vidi vici - I love this song. its perfect (although coudl have a better intro), and its so clever. but that cleverness is a bit too self-indulgent. She shoudl leave this for hard core fans as it is and not put on the album (it will be too easy for haters to criticise) - better to jsut focus on really solid music.

holy water and SEX- she's not really showing anything new here. they're fun, but nothing outstanding. (Is it just me, or is 4 Minutes playing in the background of holy water?)

Heartbreak city - I dont think she can have al album full of breakup songs - she;s done it on recent albums already and this album already has LFL, so these just seem redundant. As much as I love Tragic Girl. HC is Ok in parts but the pre-chorus just sounds like leftover lyrics from Best Friend.

Hold tight - its catchy, but if its not a single it doesnt need to be catchy, it needs to be solid. and its not quite there. the line "everythings gonna be alright" always reminds me of East 17 song. It might be reworked but I just not feeling it now.

Just my opinion.

Now its better.

I ve only heard Inside out and i m obsessed. Are the other demos sooooo fucking great????If they are we are talking about M's best record!!!

Inside Out is one of the best demos, but most of them are pretty amazing even if they need some work. I really do think this could be her best album...definitely in the top 3.

we got 13 + 14 + Never Let You Go + SEX + Two Steps Behind Me... 30 songs...

nothing else yet?

the last 3 demos are quite good as well... esp SEX

I hope Two Steps Behind Me gets reworked... I am liking the lyrics...

My Itunes playlist, loosely based on the Rebel / Heart - 2 sides concept, looks like this:

1) Living For Love

2) Gosttown

3) Unapologetic Bitch

4) Illuminati

5) Bitch, I'm Madonna

6) Never Let You Go

7) S.E.X

8) Best Night

9) Body Shop

10) Inside Out

11) Iconic

1) Rebel Heart

2) Devil Pray

3) Beautiful Scars

4) The One That Got Away

5) Tragic Girl

6) Borrowed Time

7) Heartbreak City

8) Graffiti Heart

9) Joan of Arc

10) Messiah

11) Wash All Over Me

This would make a solid REBEL HEART album that I can listen to forever from first to last track...

after hearing all 31 tracks and demos we've heard

1. Living For Love
  2. Devil Pray
  3. Ghosttown
  4. Unapologetic Bitch
  5. Illuminati
  6. Bitch I'm Madonna
  7. Rebel Heart
  8. Joan of Arc
  9. Wash All Over Me
  10. Borrowed Time
  11. Heartbreak City
  12. Beautiful Scars
  13. Inside Out
  14. Tragic Girl
  15. Iconic
  16. Back That Up (Do It)
  17. S.E.X.
  18. Veni Vidi Vici
  19. Messiah

I wouldn't mind if this gets in:

Best Night

Graffiti Heart

Hold Tight

Revolution

Two Steps Behind Me (reworked)

-----------------------------------------

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Body Shop

God Is Love

Freedom

Hold Tight

Holy Water

Nothing Lasts Forever

Never Let You Go

what do you know about SEX?

the answer is nothing if you have that on your final setlist.

:rotfl:

By the way, Wash All Over Me acoustic is gorgeous. I could see the final product being very similar, just maybe some added strings and a little percussion? But I definitely think it's better as a ballad.

:rotfl:

By the way, Wash All Over Me acoustic is gorgeous. I could see the final product being very similar, just maybe some added strings and a little percussion? But I definitely think it's better as a ballad.

if they will do that to Wash All Over Me, which i hope not... then Heartbreak City will become redundant...

only one piano ballad please...

Why do I have a feeling that Wash All Over Me won't be on the album?? As much as I need it to be.

Yall are underrating S.E.X.! It's her best sexual song in years and it's definitely part of the REBEL side of hers. Therfore that song and/or a reworked version of Holy Water are a go!

Iconic (Believe me, but the reworked version is SO much better! It has gotten an upgrade alá Illuminati, but a bit closer to the demo)

S.E.X.

Illuminati

Bitch, I'm Madonna

Unapologetic Bitch

Holy Water (reworked by Dahi and BD this song could be real fire and I think she actually really likes it judging from the fact that she mentions the title in the first demo of Bitch, I'm Madonna(

Addicted (It has to be on the album but it needs to be redone to lose the Avicii-ness :chuckle: )

Veni Vidi Vici (can't be missed because it's the perfect transition from Rebel to Heart)

Rebel Heart (should be track 10, right in the middle)

Tragic Girl would be a bit overkill if Joan of Arc really is on the album imo. Apart from that it's a real filler if only 9 HEART songs make it onto the album. I think Heartbreak City, although the final version might not be acoustic would be much better.

Heartbreak City

Joan of Arc

Body Shop (This song is also very underrated! It's such a romantic and vulnerable love song. Her asking her love to fix her up after being on the road for so long is just so cute and heartbreaking at the same time. Perfect companion to RH and JOA)

Inside Out

Living for Love

Ghosttown

Devil Pray

Wash All Over Me / Grafitti Heart / Borrowed Time / Freedom (1 of them, Revolution is DEFINITELY not going to make it!)

Hold Tight (catchy and kind of fillerish but it's good)

Body Shop (This song is also very underrated! It's such a romantic and vulnerable love song. Her asking her love to fix her up after being on the road for so long is just so cute and heartbreaking at the same time. Perfect companion to RH and JOA)

I can't imagine Body Shop on Rebel Heart.

tumblr_inline_n4h9h17XDW1qjd93z.gif

I'm now going through all the demos that haven't really grabbed straight away.

• Veni, Vedi, Vici. Still not feeling this. It should be a stormer but it's just so limp.
  • Revolution has potential but cheesy.
  • Tragic Girl is forgetable.
  • Messiah could be a grower but not overwhelmed yet.
  • Hold Tight isn't doing much to me yet either.
  • Iconic is too cheesy (I never liked Spotlight's lyrics either), a line sounds like it's from Celebration and the production is annoying.
  • Heartbreak City has potential but 'I still feel shitty' line is dreadful
  • Grafitti Heart - meh
  • God Is Love - another meh
  • Freedom - I just don't like this Revolution theme - it's like Russell Brand. Not convincing and not a very good song. The spoken part is dreadful
  • Borrowed Time - leave it with American Life
  • Body Shop - still sounds like The Corrs. That is not a good thing
  • Best Night - I like this - an erotic bedtime story type song
  • Beautiful Scars - nice track

I put my hands up and say I never really liked Acousticdonna. It'll always be Dancedonna / Popdonna for me.

I'm now going through all the demos that haven't really grabbed straight away.

• Veni, Vedi, Vici. Still not feeling this. It should be a stormer but it's just so limp.
  • Revolution has potential but cheesy.
  • Tragic Girl is forgetable.
  • Messiah could be a grower but not overwhelmed yet.
  • Hold Tight isn't doing much to me yet either.
  • Iconic is too cheesy (I never liked Spotlight's lyrics either), a line sounds like it's from Celebration and the production is annoying.
  • Heartbreak City has potential but 'I still feel shitty' line is dreadful
  • Grafitti Heart - meh
  • God Is Love - another meh
  • Freedom - I just don't like this Revolution theme - it's like Russell Brand. Not convincing and not a very good song. The spoken part is dreadful
  • Borrowed Time - leave it with American Life
  • Body Shop - still sounds like The Corrs. That is not a good thing
  • Best Night - I like this - an erotic bedtime story type song
  • Beautiful Scars - nice track
I put my hands up and say I never really liked Acousticdonna. It'll always be Dancedonna / Popdonna for me.

So you think Back That Up and Holy Water are better than all of the tracks you just mentioned?