DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

Wash All Over Me needs to make it! I don't care if it's the dancey or acoustic version or whatever, it just needs to be there! :thumbsup:

It will be. No worries.

I think it should be the album opener too.

"In a world that's changing... I'm a stranger in a strange land. There's a contradiction and I'm stuck here in between" reminds me of Camus and sets up perfectly the Rebel/Heart dichotomy IMO.

She's not running away from her heartbreak anymore (Girl Gone Wild??) but facing the pain. I can't find another song/demo that sets up the stage as well as this one.

i've created 2 collections of demos only 'Rebel Heart' and "Veni Vidi Vici" goes like this...

1. heartbreak city

2 rebel heart

3 graffiti heart

4 joan of arc

5 body shop

6 wash all over me (acoustic)

7 beautiful scars

8 tragic girl

9 borrowed time

10 revolution of love (freedom)

11 revolution

12 god is love

13 iconic

14 messiah

VVV

1 veni vidi vici

2 sex

3 attracted to the dark

4 2 steps behind

5 inside out

6 hold tight

7 holy water

8 nothing lasts forever

9 best night

10 back that up

11 never let u go

im obsessed with 'body shop' it's like a super guilty pleasure but damn!!!!! like 'superstar' i just forgive it coz it's 2 fun to sing and bop along to.

#unapologetictracklisting

It would be so amazing if she included a good amount of new songs on the album and then used the finished versions of these demos as "album only" additions on the singles to drive sales. Like the pet shop boys, they always have a couple b-sides on their singles that aren't on the album, keeps the fans happy and helps boost the single (well maybe not in the case of PSB)

I love Grafitti Heart except for one thing...does madonna know that grafitti on the wall IS illegal? :rotfl:

:lol: I wondered the same thing. It would actually make much more sense if the lyric was "if grafitti on the wall changed anything at all then it wouldn't be illegal"

Guest Pud Whacker

:lol: I wondered the same thing. It would actually make much more sense if the lyric was "if grafitti on the wall changed anything at all then it wouldn't be illegal"

Yes! :thumbsup:

phooey... I think we're not allowed to post appreciation threads for demos yet...

anyway,,, BEAUTIFUL SCARS needs to be worshiped...

Her vocals there is classic MADONNA, no crow...

it's a REBEL HEART album essential

best bits:

I think you're confusing me with somebody else

I won't apologize for being myself

take me with all of my beautiful scars,

i love you the way that you are

i come to you with all my flaws

With all my beautiful scars

Love me with all of my flaws

My beautiful scars

and the bridge is heaven:

Never say never,

Anything is possible,

Always been a rebel,

Overcoming obstacles,

I can't give you perfect

but I can give you forever.

Guest Pud Whacker

phooey... I think we're not allowed to post appreciation threads for demos yet...

anyway,,, BEAUTIFUL SCARS needs to be worshiped...

Her vocals there is classic MADONNA, no crow...

it's a REBEL HEART album essential

best bits:

I think you're confusing me with somebody else

I won't apologize for being myself

take me with all of my beautiful scars,

i love you the way that you are

i come to you with all my flaws

With all my beautiful scars

Love me with all of my flaws

My beautiful scars

and the bridge is heaven:

Never say never,

Anything is possible,

Always been a rebel,

Overcoming obstacles,

I can't give you perfect

but I can give you forever.

All about Beautiful Scars. :thumbsup:

Yeah but being a preachdonna is one of her main driving forces now. She feels responsible to use her stardom to make the world more enlightened and awakened. That's what her problem is with many big stars who don't realize how they don't use their power to say something important and rather create empty songs. I love Madonna when she's sexual or fun, but her preachy side is actually why I fell in love with her. She is the only artist that challenges and makes people think. And I would say her lyrics are pretty simple yet there is a lot in it. She's a freaking goddess!!

Who's going to be enlightened by "Prison is a state of mind" and "Be the change you want to see in the world"? Five year olds?

I live FOR HOLD TIGHT... That's my jam!!! If reworked by Blood Diamonds, I see it as a future single!!! So good!!! Its the best "fast" song :)

Who's going to be enlightened by "Prison is a state of mind" and "Be the change you want to see in the world"? Five year olds?

Lol it's not so much the words as it is the power behind her voice. I think sometimes most wisdom is in the most simple of things. I remember first listening to American Life album and parts like "I know the road looks lonely, but that's just satan's game" really made me wonder what she meant. It led me to discovery of things I never thought of. I'm thankful to Madonna for making me think while listening to some of her songs and wanting to know more... Because once you stop wanting to learn, that's when you're nothing...

Lol it's not so much the words as it is the power behind her voice. I think sometimes most wisdom is in the most simple of things. I remember first listening to American Life album and parts like "I know the road looks lonely, but that's just satan's game" really made me wonder what she meant. It led me to discovery of things I never thought of. I'm thankful to Madonna for making me think while listening to some of her songs and wanting to know more... Because once you stop wanting to learn, that's when you're nothing...

I like the political/preachy side of Madonna but in small doses. I think she is able to keep that side balanced with her other sides as well. For example. in her tours there is one political/preachy video but then most of the rest of the show is entertainment and dancing. If the political side is for you, it's there, but if you don't like it you can ignore it and just enjoy the fun dancing part. You have that option. I wouldn't want it to completely dominate her art, but I wouldn't want her to eliminate it either. I hope this is one preachy song on the album, hopefully Revolution but not more than that.

My girl M gets talked down if she is silly....if she is serious...if she is sexual....if she is meaningful....if she is youthful....if she is out of touch... if she is nonsensical...if she is poetical....if she is soft...if she is a bitch...if she is political...and if she is immaterial.... Cut the lady some slack...I would not like Madonna at all if she had no Malawi...no AIDS awareness....no feminism...no political slant...no naughty side....no sense of humor...no sense of loss...no sexiness...or no sense of openness. She is an icon and she evolves. I would be very disenfranchised if a famous, billionairess felt that she had nothing to offer the world but being pretty and the life of the party. (Although I do enjoy that side of her too.) Keep in mind that she's not a stripper....she is an artist.

Edited by sul8323

My girl M gets talked down if she is silly....if she is serious...if she is sexual....if she is meaningful....if she is youthful....if she is out of touch... if she is nonsensical...if she is poetical....if she is soft...if she is a bitch...if she is political...and if she is immaterial.... Cut the lady some slack...I would not like Madonna at all if she had no Malawi...no AIDS awareness....no feminism...no political slant...no naughty side....no sense of humor...no sense of loss...no sexiness...or no sense of openness. She is an icon and she evolves. I would be very disenfranchised if a famous, billionairess felt that she had nothing to offer the world but being pretty and the life of the party. (Although I do enjoy that side of her too.) She's not a stripper....she is an artist.

yassssssss-D-shake-it-3-the-voice-289018

I love Grafitti Heart except for one thing...does madonna know that grafitti on the wall IS illegal? :rotfl:

http://www.stencilrevolution.com/banksy-art-prints/if-graffiti-changed-anything/

SHE IS REFERRING TO THIS. this song is amazing!

Ever-conscious of the political environment, this Banksy piece pays homage to anarchist Emma Goldman. During the late 1800s and early 1900s, Ms. Goldman founded Mother Earth”, an anarchist magazine. She was a strong advocate of womens rights and social issues. Expressing her frustration with the political system, she famously said, If voting changed anything, it would be illegal.”

My girl M gets talked down if she is silly....if she is serious...if she is sexual....if she is meaningful....if she is youthful....if she is out of touch... if she is nonsensical...if she is poetical....if she is soft...if she is a bitch...if she is political...and if she is immaterial.... Cut the lady some slack...I would not like Madonna at all if she had no Malawi...no AIDS awareness....no feminism...no political slant...no naughty side....no sense of humor...no sense of loss...no sexiness...or no sense of openness. She is an icon and she evolves. I would be very disenfranchised if a famous, billionairess felt that she had nothing to offer the world but being pretty and the life of the party. (Although I do enjoy that side of her too.) Keep in mind that she's not a stripper....she is an artist.

Preach!!! I hate when people are like "oh she's too preachy with her art for freedom stuff" like really?

I like the political/preachy side of Madonna but in small doses. I think she is able to keep that side balanced with her other sides as well. For example. in her tours there is one political/preachy video but then most of the rest of the show is entertainment and dancing. If the political side is for you, it's there, but if you don't like it you can ignore it and just enjoy the fun dancing part. You have that option. I wouldn't want it to completely dominate her art, but I wouldn't want her to eliminate it either. I hope this is one preachy song on the album, hopefully Revolution but not more than that.

yeah the tour speechdonna would be a bit too much in more than one track. But the Frozen/Nothing Fails/Jump kind of preachy is my favorite side of her. I do agree with you tho that everything has to be in good moderation.

Back That Up (Do It)

lyrics

Mean the metaphor

Move to the beat of the

Sway to the rhythm of

Wave it around like a

Back that up to the beat, to the beat

Bang that drum to the beat, to the beat

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

Keep on trying to

I'm getting ready for

Let this party go

I'll be freakin' to

Mean the metaphor

Move to the beat of the

Sway to the rhythm of

Wave it around like a

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

I'll be drinking Krug rosé and sometimes lemon drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot

Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop

Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we drop

You're my metaphor

Guess I'm running low

I'll keep giving up

Don't remember a

Mean the metaphor... Fun

Move to the beat of the... Drum

Sway to the rhythm of... One

Wave it around like a

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

I'll be drinking Krug rosé and sometimes lemon drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot

Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop

Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we

...drop...

...drop...

Rat-tat-tat-tat-thunga-munga

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

kevin-durant-thunder-memes.jpg

Hi everyone, new here.

First I'd like to say that I do looooove all the 6 songs she officially released and Living for Love is by far her best lead single in a long time.

About the demos: I liked most of them, but they're clearly unfinished products (just look at how much better the final version of Iluminatti is).

Let me make a quick review of each of them.

Rebel heart: Love the lyrics, but the demo sounds really unpolished.

Wash all over me: Have to agree that this one is great til the "avicii" part.

The one that got away - cool song. The chorus reminded me of California Dreaming. LOL.

Heartbreak City - Beautiful song, w/ nice lyrics and amazing vocals, but hey, how many heartbreak songs can you fit into an album?

Messiah - Another beautiful song with great vocals.

Joan of Ark - Best lyrics. Really beautiful and emotional. Madonna dear, why so sad?

Borrowed time: I like it, but don't see much potential.

Revolution: Boring.

Back that up: funky and fun. See lot of potential.

Beautiful Scars: I like it, but the sound is very different from the rest, no? She seems like she was just jamming in this one.

Best Night: Hated it. Don't know how this could be turned into a good song. Hope I'm wrong.

Body Shop: SO KEWT!

God is Love: boring

Graffiti heart: forgettable, but I like the lyrics and like I said, the demos can turn into a really great song. Hope this is the case.

Hold Tight: Fun.

Iconic: I was surprised when I saw lots of people didn't like this one. I think it's good and could be great if properly reworked.

Holy Water: Can't get into this one.

Inside Out: Greeeeeat song!

Veni vedi vici: One of my faves. Has to be in the album.

Nothing lasts forever: good, but totally forgettable.

Tragic girl: It's ok.

Freedom: boring.

All in all it's safe to say by the amazing officially realease songs and by these demos that this could be one of her best albums ever!

Edited by jrenato

Anyone else love the demo of Living For Love as much as the final??

Prefer the final. The breakdown in the demo sounds too much like Kiesza's Hideaway (I know it's been said before many times but it's true)

What's really annoying me is that people think the album will be full of ballads and shit.

It will definitely be half/half. 9 beat-heavy, uptempo songs with more egocentric and DEFINITELY some sexual songs.

9 heartfelt/romantic songs (not necessarilly downtempo) and 1 song that's in the middle which is Rebel Heart. It's more than obvious. I mean look at the track she released so far:

Living for Love, Devil Pray, Ghosttown (romantic/heartfelt)

Unapologetic Bitch, Illuminati, Bitch, I'm Madonna (rebellious/egocentric/controversial)

After recording about 40+ songs I'm sure she's not gonna leave most of them abandoned. But you have to see that she's and always has been going for variety among the songs selected. She would never include songs that talk about the same and even sound almost the same. Like Across the Sky vs. Miles Away on HC, for example.

Tragic Girl is clearly not as strong as Joan of Arc and she also never tagged the song before.

Beautiful Scars and Inside Out will probably go against each other for inclusion as well. They are very similar in terms of lyrical content. (I love them both, though)

Revolution, Freedom, Grafitti Heart and Borrowed Time are all very similar and I'm more than certain that only one of them at best is going to make it. She's not gonna put all four or even two of them on there.

Wash All Over Me needs a complete rework otherwise it won't mesh well with the other songs and stick out like a sore thumb. This album is clearly not a dance album and I'm very glad about it. I think with COADF, Celebration and MDNA we've got enough dance and it's time to change it up again.

MDNA never felt like a dance album to me (I have seen other people refer to it as a 'dance record' as well). It's a collection of songs covering all kinds of sounds and genres and it looks like Rebel Heart is going to be very similar in that respect. The only difference is that RH has some kind of theme while MDNA was just a wild mix of things.