DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

I really think there is going to be at least one preachy song in there. But some people actually included all of them and I'm like...Guys, there are much better tracks than those and it seems that she's kinda past that "revolution of love", "art for freedom" phase.

The demos of Borrowed Time and Freedom were #5 and #3 which means that she seemed to work a lot on on those and I'm sure that's a sign of her liking those tracks. I think Wash All Over Me is not going to make the cut along with Addicted. The demo of Addicted that leaked was #3 and most likely final. The demo of WAOM that leaked was #2. I've heard #3 and while I think it's an improvement it still seems to be a much weaker song than the others. I think she has left those two abandoned.

what a mess :cries:

The demo of WAOM #3 you heard, in what is it different from the leaked #2?

Edited by rol1974

I hope the album will have

Borrowed Time

Heartbreak City

Messiah

Hold Tight

Graffiti Heart....imagine that chorus rockin a stadium! Oh my lord!!

Iconic would be great if it was mixed with VVV Lyrics.

Best Night has potential, but I do like it as it is, but not sure for the album

Inside Out

Wash All Over Me is great, but not sure it will make the album.

Oh Madonna, wash away my sins, and bring on the this new album & era! I'm pumped!!!

what a mess :cries:

The demo of WAOM #3 you heard, in what is it different from the leaked #2?

A lot! Hahaha

1. Slightly polished vocals

2. The chorus is not as umptempo anymore. It's kind of like the "And we can do drugs..." part of Devil Pray. More focussing on the vocals and not so much on the production so I guess overall it's more minimalistic. It's still kind of a 90's club song but less overproduced.

3. The drop is gone and has been moved to the last chorus to serve as the grand finale and has some vocoded excerpts layered on top (similar to Devil Pray)

4. It lacks most of the typical Avicii instruments and the tambourines is more prominent

5. The piano during the chorus is gone and instead there is some kind of low-pass filter with violin synths. The piano is not really as uptempo and clubby anymore. The whole song is a bit more anthemic, even a bit more folkey and less dancey than the demo.

A lot! Hahaha

1. Slightly polished vocals

2. The chorus is not as umptempo anymore. It's kind of like the "And we can do drugs..." part of Devil Pray. More focussing on the vocals and not so much on the production so I guess overall it's more minimalistic. It's still kind of a 90's club song but less overproduced.

3. The drop is gone and has been moved to the last chorus to serve as the grand finale and has some vocoded excerpts layered on top (similar to Devil Pray)

4. It lacks most of the typical Avicii instruments and the tambourines is more prominent

5. The piano during the chorus is gone and instead there is some kind of low-pass filter with violin synths. The piano is not really as uptempo and clubby anymore. The whole song is a bit more anthemic, even a bit more folkey and less dancey than the demo.

So it's more perfect and I already love it :tigger: I hope we'll can hear it oneday

Edited by rol1974

So it's more perfect and I already love it :tigger: I hope we'll can hear it oneday

I'm sure more stuff is going to leak after the album has dropped. Actually, that's the way it should've been in the first place.

If people are getting stingy again after the album's release I'm more than willing to share the unleaked stuff I have left. :smooch:

I know sharing is caring but rn I care more about keeping stuff under wraps to leave at least a bit excitement for the album and of course about M. People leaking unleaked stuff from the new album after they've gotten their hands on them is just disgusting and I feel sorry for M.

I'm sure more stuff is going to leak after the album has dropped. Actually, that's the way it should've been in the first place.

If people are getting stingy again after the album's release I'm more than willing to share the unleaked stuff I have left. :smooch:

Thank you in advance. :smooch:

I really hope that new leaked stuff will appear ONLY AFTER the album's release. But I hope sooner than Shame :lol: . And I am still waiting for the complete Rain Tapes demos from 1992 :blush:

WAOM is my favorite demo. I know that many fans didn't like it very much, but for me is very good. I love its music (violins in primis) and lyrics. Only my opinion. :blush:

Wash All Over Me HAS TO BE on that album. Not only because it's one of the greatest demos. It's also one of the few truly dance songs of the album (along with Living for love) and she has showed her love for that song teasing its lyrics in Instagram more than once.

Wash All Over Me HAS TO BE on that album. Not only because it's one of the greatest demos. It's also one of the few truly dance songs of the album (along with Living for love) and she has showed her love for that song teasing its lyrics in Instagram more than once.

I hope it .

Phew! I don't want that!

However, you've put Freedom in as a choice above? That's really Preachdonna wouldn't you say?

Yeah but being a preachdonna is one of her main driving forces now. She feels responsible to use her stardom to make the world more enlightened and awakened. That's what her problem is with many big stars who don't realize how they don't use their power to say something important and rather create empty songs. I love Madonna when she's sexual or fun, but her preachy side is actually why I fell in love with her. She is the only artist that challenges and makes people think. And I would say her lyrics are pretty simple yet there is a lot in it. She's a freaking goddess!!

i still hoper there will be a real unexspected dance athem.

if the slowed down waom and rebel heart then there are not real dance floor killer anymore.

some say overproduced but i like overproduced with alot of different layers in the songs and big climax .

too stripped down feels like there are missing thing or could be some more sounds add

If a song is slowed-down then it doesn't automatically mean that it is also 'stripped-down'. I'd rather have a nice (and slower) danceable beat like Music or the post-chorus breakdown in Devil Pray compared to the beat of some demos here (WOAM, Grafitti Heart)

Iconic has great beginning of the chorus, but after 'meant to be' its suddenly boring : (((

if its reworked it could be major!

That would be insane to dump Wash All Over Me! The "Who am I....." line is arguably one of Madonna's best moments of all time.

It makes my heart skip a beat.

Iconic has great beginning of the chorus, but after 'meant to be' its suddenly boring : (((

Agreed. After all that gorgeous build up it falls flat at the most important part - the chorus. It has amazing potential!

Maybe some little 'devil pray' treatment will lift up this -iconic -track . the 'yeaah' momentum should be extended somehow,

it may take a genius to do this, ; )

veni vidi vici - I love this song. its perfect (although coudl have a better intro), and its so clever. but that cleverness is a bit too self-indulgent. She shoudl leave this for hard core fans as it is and not put on the album (it will be too easy for haters to criticise) - better to jsut focus on really solid music.

This.

veni vidi vici - I love this song. its perfect (although coudl have a better intro), and its so clever. but that cleverness is a bit too self-indulgent. She shoudl leave this for hard core fans as it is and not put on the album (it will be too easy for haters to criticise) - better to jsut focus on really solid music.

This.

this would be nice and a bit shocking for us :-)

1. Living for love
  2. Devils pray
  3. Ghoasttown
  4. Unapologetic bitch
  5. Illuminati
  6. Bitch i’m madonna
  7. Wash all over me
  8. Arc of joan
  9. Rebel heart
  10. messiah
  11. heartbreak cithy
  12. inside out ( i pray for this one )
  13. iconic ( taged on her instagram)
  14. Revolution ( taged on her instagram)
  15. New song
  16. New song
  17. New song
  18. New song
  19. New song

I think Graffiti Heart is great with all references to Basquiat, Keith and Frida. You much how much she loves mentioning names.

I agree, i love graffiti heart but she definitely needs to look at the production on the chorus - it doesnt do what its trying to achieve (ie a thrashy punk-esque chorus), just comes across as a distorted mess. It would be better reworked as more of a sung, beat driven chorus, rather than shouting distorted mess that it is right now. The verses are lovely though!

Iconic is gonna be amazing. That bridge is her finest since the 80s - so incredible. By having no chorus, just the "iconic" repeated slowly over a heavy beat - its actually pretty current as apparently choruses are no longer a thing......well according to this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/dec/22/2014-when-songwriters-burned-the-chorus-and-built-the-bridge

Dont get me wrong - id love her to think up a killer chorus for this, but i think just polishing up the produciton on it will do a fine job in itself.

I actualy thought that when she rushed the release of the 'finished' songs before christmas, instead of being tracks from the album she shoudl have done an EP to go with LFL, and then another EP in February with the next single, and then the album in April that could be the hits plus all new songs. Sort of like what Robyn did with Body Talk Part 1, 2,3 etc. that way she coudl of started getting songs out without spoiling the album (and probably got more sales out of the process).

But actually, Ive decided to not listen to the demos much anymore - its only a month til we get more finished songs so I can wait.

I thought this would be the approach she'd take too, as the Robyn release was widely regarded as a really stellar way of showcasing a lot of songs, in a palatable way. releasing 19 tracks is just too much for people to digest at once, and staggering it via 3 EPs was a smart way of doing it for Robyn. She would also probably have generated more combined sales this way, however they wouldn't get as bigger selling single album as a result, just 3 lower selling EPs, so the way they chose to do it was the smartest way i think - concentrating the sales to one record, but staggering the release of the tracks!

Back That Up (Do It)

lyrics

Mean the metaphor

Move to the beat of the

Sway to the rhythm of

Wave it around like a

Back that up to the beat, to the beat

Bang that drum to the beat, to the beat

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

Keep on trying to

I'm getting ready for

Let this party go

I'll be freakin' to

Mean the metaphor

Move to the beat of the

Sway to the rhythm of

Wave it around like a

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

I'll be drinking Krug rosé and sometimes lemon drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot

Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop

Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we drop

You're my metaphor

Guess I'm running low

I'll keep giving up

Don't remember a

Mean the metaphor... Fun

Move to the beat of the... Drum

Sway to the rhythm of... One

Wave it around like a

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

I'll be drinking Krug rosé and sometimes lemon drops

I'll be wearing diamond grills and Louboutins a lot

Sometimes I can be extreme, I'm never gonna stop

Keep this party going, we'll be dancing 'til we

...drop...

...drop...

Rat-tat-tat-tat-thunga-munga

Do it, do it

Do it, do it

Iconic is gonna be amazing. That bridge is her finest since the 80s - so incredible. By having no chorus, just the "iconic" repeated slowly over a heavy beat - its actually pretty current as apparently choruses are no longer a thing......well according to this article:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/dec/22/2014-when-songwriters-burned-the-chorus-and-built-the-bridge

Dont get me wrong - id love her to think up a killer chorus for this, but i think just polishing up the produciton on it will do a fine job in itself.

Thats interesting! thanks!

Its true if the instrumentation/production changed it could be more exciting. I'm curious of the result. and btw I didnt really "get" dark horse at first, but love it now!

the 'yeah' part should be extended, thats for sure. its so cool!