DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

^ great list! But you forgot Veni vidi vici.

To be honest: I adore any leaked demo and it's impossible to exclude one track because any demo could get a masterpiece if its reworked. Veni Vidi Vici has much potential - like Revolution or the Arabian tracks. Let's see what happens. The song material is strong enough for 2 great albums. But we must realize, that one or another of our favourites will be missed on the album...

Edited by BetteDavisDub

i wonder what songs she did reworked of the demo's ( that leaked ) that she whas interested for the final tracklist and in the near end did not make it.

Sure there where some demo's that she did not reworked anymore because she whas not interested for more reworks, like two steps back.

and of cours there are the unknown demos/songs that have not leaked and we don't even know the name ( if she maked some new ones)

I really like Holy Water! I know some people say it's trashy and silly, but I love it. I like it much more than S.E.X. I hope it's on the album. In the demos there are quite a few ballads, they are all nice, but I think using all of them would be too much for me and lead to too many Heart songs. We need more Rebel songs! I guess I"m not as into being "mature" as some people here. I like the fun side of her with a few ballads. I would say no more than 4 ballads plus one acoustic "political song", hopefully revolution.

This music must be exactly what I need in my life right now because I'm still totally in love with almost every song. :inlove:

Agreed, and it may sound selfish but, to be honest, I hope we get at least 8- 10 new tracks, unheard, so we have more to enjoy... I am considering the demos as a complete album in itself ,and waiting for the second album to drop.

I agree with most of what you said, except for:

1) Heartbreak City must be on the album

2) same for Veni Vidi Vici

I also think a reworked SEX could be a real banger and I'd love to hear it.

I'm not a fan of Graffiti Heart...AT ALL.

I think Graffiti Heart is great with all references to Basquiat, Keith and Frida. You much how much she loves mentioning names.

I really like Holy Water! I know some people say it's trashy and silly, but I love it. I like it much more than S.E.X. I hope it's on the album. In the demos there are quite a few ballads, they are all nice, but I think using all of them would be too much for me and lead to too many Heart songs. We need more Rebel songs! I guess I"m not as into being "mature" as some people here. I like the fun side of her with a few ballads. I would say no more than 4 ballads plus one acoustic "political song", hopefully revolution.

Well ROL and BS are both ballad heavy and two of her best albums. I dislike HW, but I mostly just don't think it makes any sense on an album like RH. None of the sex songs make sense to be honest, although I do like Best Night.

Well ROL and BS are both ballad heavy and two of her best albums. I dislike HW, but I mostly just don't think it makes any sense on an album like RH. None of the sex songs make sense to be honest, although I do like Best Night.

Well, I agree ROL is one of her best albums, not so sure about BS. It's one of my least favorites. I'm not sure why every song has to "make sense" or fit one theme. People talk about an album being cohesive, but for me that's a problem with a lot of current albums. They feel all the songs have to be in the same genre or theme. To me, it becomes kind of boring. Anyway, I thought the whole concept was to show the two sides of her, the more serious and the less serious. Maybe it's just my personal taste but I do like some fun dancey not so deep pop songs. So many fans want to get rid of that side of her, but to me that's a big part of why I love her. I hope the album actually isn't too mature although I enjoy a few ballads.

Is the I-tunes February batch of songs for sure? No mention of it on I-tunes unless I missed something.

So you think Back That Up and Holy Water are better than all of the tracks you just mentioned?

I must admit I love Back That Up more than the other tracks. It's just fun. I forgot to listen to holy water as for some reason it's labelled separately in my iTunes and I can't get it to change. :). I don't think it's great though. Where Life Begins is better.

I really like Hold Tight, and I hope it makes the cut. Back That Up sounds too Hard Candyish for my liking.

Iconic, Graffiti Heart, Freedom, God is Love, Holy Water, Veni Vidi Vici are other songs that don't seem that strong.

Inside Out and Best Night are great and I hope they make the album.

I'm not feeling songs like SEX, Holy Water and Back That Up, they're not at the same level as most of the others...

Agreed, and it may sound selfish but, to be honest, I hope we get at least 8- 10 new tracks, unheard, so we have more to enjoy... I am considering the demos as a complete album in itself ,and waiting for the second album to drop.

I actualy thought that when she rushed the release of the 'finished' songs before christmas, instead of being tracks from the album she shoudl have done an EP to go with LFL, and then another EP in February with the next single, and then the album in April that could be the hits plus all new songs. Sort of like what Robyn did with Body Talk Part 1, 2,3 etc. that way she coudl of started getting songs out without spoiling the album (and probably got more sales out of the process).

But actually, Ive decided to not listen to the demos much anymore - its only a month til we get more finished songs so I can wait.

I can't imagine Body Shop on Rebel Heart.

I don't think there's one total failure on the leaked demos - so there's a good chance that we get Madonnas best album ever.

... and dear Madonna team:

Don't forget Iconic, Inside Out & Heartbreak City! :thumbsup:

I think we are all gonna be surprised by the amount of brand new songs *wishful thinking*

That could happen, I mean, she could've released six songs previously leaked, but instead she gave us Ghosttown (from which we had no info at all), so there could be a lot of new songs

I think this era will have the following songs as singles:

1. Living for Love

2. Devil Pray

3. Ghosttown

4. Rebel Heart

5. Bitch I'm Madonna

6. Wash All Over Me

7. Jon of Ark

May be even more. This era is not HC/MDNA guys. I think she really is going to outdo herself. There is a lot of money put into this project and Madonna has a lot to say this time. Be prepared for an amazing album with incredible videos, performances and promotions.

Im pretty sure that of the 6 already released, only LFL is a single. All other singles would be saved for the later release.

although, there's always a chance that a song not planned for a single might become a single if popular - like what happened with Get Together.

I just hope the singles are released not too far apart, need to keep momentum. and lots of them!

Im pretty sure that of the 6 already released, only LFL is a single.

Me too. I guess LFL is just an EP single with 5 b-sides. M don't wastes all of her precious bullets for some leaks. But it's strange (or maybe overhasty) that she released the two bitch tracks combined instead of a greater diversity.

^ I actually have wondered why Joan of Arc title was revealed on itunes but not the song and no other titles. as she said at the time of the first leak that 'half of those wont be on the album' i wonder if that was to just let us know that JOA would be on the album, but none of the other first demos. But clearly Rebel Heart will be on there (and a single). And since JOA also had the time (4:01) it means it must be finished, so why not release it then? or maybe it was all jsut an accident.

I can't wait to see the videos, I hope she actually does more than three videos for this album. Most of the songs are at least good, but I'd love to see her make an iconic video. She should work with Mary Lambert, for some reason she seemed to have a great use of light that made M's face glow in both Borderline and Like a Prayer.

^ Have you heard the finished version of Iconic?

Yes.

1. Illuminati

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna

3. Best Night

4. S.E.X.

5. Holy Water / Addicted

6. Unapologetic Bitch

7. Iconic

8. Veni Vidi Vici

9. Rebel Heart

10. Joan of Arc

11. Body Shop

12. Devil Pray

13. Inside Out

14. Ghosttown

15. Hold Tight

16. Heartbreak City

17. Messiah

18. Wash All Over Me / Borrowed Time / Grafitti Heart / Freedom (1 of them)

19. Living for Love

Seriously, if you want Folkdonna/Preachydonna go listen to Hey You or American Life. Rebel Heart is not going to be that album.

Yes.

1. Illuminati

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna

3. Best Night

4. S.E.X.

5. Holy Water / Addicted

6. Unapologetic Bitch

7. Iconic

8. Veni Vidi Vici

9. Rebel Heart

10. Joan of Arc

11. Body Shop

12. Devil Pray

13. Inside Out

14. Ghosttown

15. Hold Tight

16. Heartbreak City

17. Messiah

19. Living for Love

Seriously, if you want Folkdonna/Preachydonna go listen to Hey You or American Life. Rebel Heart is not going to be that album.

Phew! I don't want that!

However, you've put Freedom in as a choice above? That's really Preachdonna wouldn't you say?

Phew! I don't want that!

However, you've put Freedom in as a choice above? That's really Preachdonna wouldn't you say?

I really think there is going to be at least one preachy song in there. But some people actually included all of them and I'm like...Guys, there are much better tracks than those and it seems that she's kinda past that "revolution of love", "art for freedom" phase.

The demos of Borrowed Time and Freedom were #5 and #3 which means that she seemed to work a lot on on those and I'm sure that's a sign of her liking those tracks. I think Wash All Over Me is not going to make the cut along with Addicted. The demo of Addicted that leaked was #3 and most likely final. The demo of WAOM that leaked was #2. I've heard #3 and while I think it's an improvement it still seems to be a much weaker song than the others. I think she has left those two abandoned.

Yes.

1. Illuminati

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna

3. Best Night

4. S.E.X.

5. Holy Water / Addicted

6. Unapologetic Bitch

7. Iconic

8. Veni Vidi Vici

9. Rebel Heart

10. Joan of Arc

11. Body Shop

12. Devil Pray

13. Inside Out

14. Ghosttown

15. Hold Tight

16. Heartbreak City

17. Messiah

19. Living for Love

I can live with that, except where is beautiful scars? the lines "i think youre confusing me with somebody else; i wont apolgise for being myself" are her best pair of lines since cherish. Im feeling a ROL feel to the music would suit it well. plus, she also references "always been a rebel" so it kind of ties together.

I can live with that, except where is beautiful scars? the lines "i think youre confusing me with somebody else; i wont apolgise for being myself" are her best pair of lines since cherish. Im feeling a ROL feel to the music would suit it well. plus, she also references "always been a rebel" so it kind of ties together.

Beautiful Scars is too close to Inside Out, just as Tragic Girl is too close to Joan of Arc, lyrically.

JimmyJimmy, you and I are on the same page. My tracklist is nearly identical, except that I'd keep both "Holy Water" and "Addicted" and ditch any of the choices you have at #18 (or maybe "S.E.X.", though I personally like that one). And I know it's just my own opinion, but WHY do so many people have a problem with "Holy Water"??? It's amazing and so...sassy. I don't think every single song she does has to be some grand statement. She needs to have fun, sexy, silly songs, and HW fits in with that theme so perfectly. I mean, "Bitch, get off my pole"? Come on!!! I will admit to having next to zero rhythm, but it still makes me want to do a booty dance.

And just cuz everyone else is doing it, I'll throw in my "can't live without 'em" list. In order: "Inside Out", "Heartbreak City", "Best Night", "Holy Water", "Hold Tight", "Addicted", & "Body Shop". I'd be happy with "Iconic" & "VVV" too, and even happier with "Two Steps Behind Me", though I understand why that one's gone. I will also go on record as saying that if "Back That Up" makes it over any of these (or any of the others, actually), I'm gonna leave a flaming bag of dog poop on both Guy Oseary's and Pharrell's front porch. Be warned.