DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

You all need to start liking Freedom.

I do like Freedom....A lot. So much potential. Revolution is good too. Very important concepts for Madonna....I hope that we will see them on the album. I see Freedom being a concert piece so the odds of it's' inclusion only increase.

M will pick good material... She usually does. These demos and the chosen tracks are reflections of her artistic journey. Let her be an artist. Diversity is one of my favorite aspects in Madonna's longevity.

thumbs up! and welcome to mnation

Here is my tracklist. Not necessarily my favourites, but what I think will give her a great album that wil have widespread success. So its not about every track needing to be a 'hit' but an album that will show off a good range, and be regarded as good solid pop music. Personaly, I judge music by how it gets into your head and if you find yourself singing it when youre doing something else - that has been the case with nearly all the demos, so they definitely all have potential. But to cut it down to 19 tracks is hard, so some tough decision will need to be made.

My thoughts:

1. LFL - although I dont really like the vocals or effects in the verses

2. Devil Prays

3. Ghosttown

4. Unapologetic bitch

5. Illuminati

6. Bitch Im Madonna

8. Joan of Arc - I hope this is not changed too much from the demo, as its almost perfect the way it is

other songs to include on the album:

rebel heart - needs to be more like the acoustic version, or else a full dance track. She has tended to overuse the "soft acoustic verses build to EDM post chorus breakdown" on too many songs, so if this is going to be a single, go all out, otherwise forget the EDM

addicted - definitly one of the more catchy. Could be a bit less rock and more pop in the beginning

Wash all over me - i like either version, although her vocals are a bit off in the chorus so hoepfully she re-records those

never let you go - its fun and solid, not a single but adds dimension to the album.

beuatiful scars - deifntly one of may favourites. Nothing to change except it needs a more instantly recognisable intro.

inside out - excellent song

body shop - its so cute. I wouldnt change anything about it. It sounds liek it was written as a love song from a pixar Cars movie.

graffit heart - its OK at the moment, and fits where this album shoudl be going, but needs some work on the production (and a bridge)

best night - great song, nothing to change

god is love or revolution or freedom or borrowed time - she should only have one these songs, as they are basically all about the same thing (and all too much like Hey You). I think Freedom is the strongest of these, although maybe she could reword the best bits from all of these into a single song.

iconic - i dont really like this song, it sounds like it woudl be better as a Katy Perry song. but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it has been reworded, as it defintely has potential to become a belter anthem. She needs to sing it out more and get rid of the dubstep post chorus.

messiah - a nice ballad to balance out the album. Although this is the song to move out if there's a great new song we havent heard yet.

songs not on the album:

2 steps behind me - Guy seemed to make it clear it wasnt developed past demo stage. Its a nice little catchy song, but nothing outstanding, so no loss.

back that up - its kinda fun, but covers old ground and has no use. maybe reworded with pharrel might may it better.

nothing lasts forever - it has a catchy melody and lyric but the overall music doesnt really work for me. It sounds like its trying to be a different kind of song but not quite getting there. Like a them song from one of those over budgeted hollywood movies.

veni vidi vici - I love this song. its perfect (although coudl have a better intro), and its so clever. but that cleverness is a bit too self-indulgent. She shoudl leave this for hard core fans as it is and not put on the album (it will be too easy for haters to criticise) - better to jsut focus on really solid music.

holy water and SEX- she's not really showing anything new here. they're fun, but nothing outstanding. (Is it just me, or is 4 Minutes playing in the background of holy water?)

tragic girl and Heartbreak city - I dont think she can have al album full of breakup songs - she;s done it on recent albums already and this album already has LFL, so these just seem redundant. As much as I love Tragic Girl. HC is Ok in parts but the pre-chorus just sounds like leftover lyrics from Best Friend.

Hold tight - its catchy, but if its not a single it doesnt need to be catchy, it needs to be solid. and its not quite there. the line "everythings gonna be alright" always reminds me of East 17 song. It might be reworked but I just not feeling it now.

Just my opinion.

Here is my tracklist. Not necessarily my favourites, but what I think will give her a great album that wil have widespread success. So its not about every track needing to be a 'hit' but an album that will show off a good range, and be regarded as good solid pop music. Personaly, I judge music by how it gets into your head and if you find yourself singing it when youre doing something else - that has been the case with nearly all the demos, so they definitely all have potential. But to cut it down to 19 tracks is hard, so some tough decision will need to be made.

My thoughts:

1. LFL - although I dont really like the vocals or effects in the verses

2. Devil Prays

3. Ghosttown

4. Unapologetic bitch

5. Illuminati

6. Bitch Im Madonna

8. Joan of Arc - I hope this is not changed too much from the demo, as its almost perfect the way it is

other songs to include on the album:

rebel heart - needs to be more like the acoustic version, or else a full dance track. She has tended to overuse the "soft acoustic verses build to EDM post chorus breakdown" on too many songs, so if this is going to be a single, go all out, otherwise forget the EDM

addicted - definitly one of the more catchy. Could be a bit less rock and more pop in the beginning

Wash all over me - i like either version, although her vocals are a bit off in the chorus so hoepfully she re-records those

never let you go - its fun and solid, not a single but adds dimension to the album.

beuatiful scars - deifntly one of may favourites. Nothing to change except it needs a more instantly recognisable intro.

inside out - excellent song

body shop - its so cute. I wouldnt change anything about it. It sounds liek it was written as a love song from a pixar Cars movie.

graffit heart - its OK at the moment, and fits where this album shoudl be going, but needs some work on the production (and a bridge)

best night - great song, nothing to change

god is love or revolution or freedom or borrowed time - she should only have one these songs, as they are basically all about the same thing (and all too much like Hey You). I think Freedom is the strongest of these, although maybe she could reword the best bits from all of these into a single song.

iconic - i dont really like this song, it sounds like it woudl be better as a Katy Perry song. but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it has been reworded, as it defintely has potential to become a belter anthem. She needs to sing it out more and get rid of the dubstep post chorus.

messiah - a nice ballad to balance out the album. Although this is the song to move out if there's a great new song we havent heard yet.

songs not on the album:

2 steps behind me - Guy seemed to make it clear it wasnt developed past demo stage. Its a nice little catchy song, but nothing outstanding, so no loss.

back that up - its kinda fun, but covers old ground and has no use. maybe reworded with pharrel might may it better.

nothing lasts forever - it has a catchy melody and lyric but the overall music doesnt really work for me. It sounds like its trying to be a different kind of song but not quite getting there. Like a them song from one of those over budgeted hollywood movies.

veni vidi vici - I love this song. its perfect (although coudl have a better intro), and its so clever. but that cleverness is a bit too self-indulgent. She shoudl leave this for hard core fans as it is and not put on the album (it will be too easy for haters to criticise) - better to jsut focus on really solid music.

holy water and SEX- she's not really showing anything new here. they're fun, but nothing outstanding. (Is it just me, or is 4 Minutes playing in the background of holy water?)

tragic girl and Heartbreak city - I dont think she can have al album full of breakup songs - she;s done it on recent albums already and this album already has LFL, so these just seem redundant. As much as I love Tragic Girl. HC is Ok in parts but the pre-chorus just sounds like leftover lyrics from Best Friend.

Hold tight - its catchy, but if its not a single it doesnt need to be catchy, it needs to be solid. and its not quite there. the line "everythings gonna be alright" always reminds me of East 17 song. It might be reworked but I just not feeling it now.

Just my opinion.

I agree with most of what you said, except for:

1) Heartbreak City must be on the album

2) same for Veni Vidi Vici

I also think a reworked SEX could be a real banger and I'd love to hear it.

I'm not a fan of Graffiti Heart...AT ALL.

Do you think it's possible that Madonna's team could be reading these forums to see which songs the fans prefer and getting the general feedback so they know how to make the album as good as it can be?

Do you think it's possible that Madonna's team could be reading these forums to see which songs the fans prefer and getting the general feedback so they know how to make the album as good as it can be?

Well, that seems rather time-consuming... unless they registered an account and posted a poll. Maybe we should do that to make their lives easier! That said, Madonna has in the past said she finds the idea of audience-testing movies to be devastating, so I don't think she cares much what people thinks - she usually relies on people close to her to tell her what's good. In this case, probably her kids and some friends.

It's possible - but I'm not one of them. ;)

My dream track list for the album:

01 Living For Love

02 Unapologetic Bitch

03 Heartbreak City

04 Illuminati

05 Ghosttown

06 Iconic

07 Wash All Over Me

08 Rebel Heart

09 The One That Got Away

10 Tragic Girl

11 Devil Pray

12 Best Night

13 Graffiti Heart

14 Hold Tight

15 Messiah

16 Inside Out

17 Never Let You Go

18 Joan of Arc

19 Bitch I'm Madonna

+ Bonus tracks:

Two Steps Behind Me (Gaga knows it and didn't collapse)

Nothing Lasts Forever

Beautiful Scars

Borrowed Time

This album will become huge! :)

Madonna has never disappointed me....Never. . Now...every song she has ever included on an album has not been my favorite but I do appreciate each and every song. ...... These demos and the chosen tracks are reflections of her artistic journey. Let her be an artist. .... Her demos are really diverse this time and we are bound to get a real treat. I think Madonna brings a level of diversity to her music that is absent with most other artists. ...... Diversity is one of my favorite aspects in Madonna's longevity. The demos are very exciting. ... Don't care about charts or retail performance. These demos are extraordinary and I am thrilled that Madonna is back with something this great.

Thank you for your post. I chosen the parts most important for me. You express very well why I love Madonna, me too. Thank you again. Forgive me for my awful english: I am italian and my english is not fluenty at all. :blush:

The MUST BE on the album: Heartbreak City, Hold Tight, Borrowed Time, The One That Got Away, Best Night, Revolution, Inside Out, Joan Of Arc.

The MUST BE on the album: Heartbreak City, Hold Tight, Borrowed Time, The One That Got Away, Best Night, Revolution, Inside Out, Joan Of Arc.

YES to all of these. The only shame with these demos is that some of them won't make it to the album because almost all of them deserve to be heard.

I'm living for this thread!

Ok here is my prediction of the tracks I think deserve to make the final cut.

Bearing in mind what we already know and using only reworked demos so new songs although this could still happen!

1 living for love

2 Devil Pray

3 Ghosttown

4 Unapologetic Bitch

5 Illuminati

6 Bitch Im Madonna

7 Joan.of Arc

8 Rebel Heart

9 Veni Vedi Veci

10 Graffiti Heart

11 Revolution

12 Addicted

13 Messiah

14 Body Shop

15 Hold Tight

16 Never let you go

17 Best Night

18 Heartbreak City

19 Iconic

Edited by flexy

Agreed!!

My selection for the album, including the track that are already released, picked from the demo's we have heard and know of. I'm sure some tracks might end up on the album that we know nothing about yet though. In alphabetical order:

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Beautiful Scars

Best Night (single contender)

Bitch I'm Madonna

Body Shop

Devil Pray

Ghosttown

Heartbreak City

Hold Tight (single contender)

Illuminati

Inside Out (single contender)

Joan Of Arc

Living For Love

Messiah

Never Let you Go

Rebel Heart (single contender)

Unapologetic Bitch

Veni Vidi Vici

Wash All Over Me

My selection for the album, including the track that are already released, picked from the demo's we have heard and know of. I'm sure some tracks might end up on the album that we know nothing about yet though. In alphabetical order:

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Beautiful Scars

Best Night (single contender)

Bitch I'm Madonna

Body Shop

Devil Pray

Ghosttown

Heartbreak City

Hold Tight (single contender)

Illuminati

Inside Out (single contender)

Joan Of Arc

Living For Love

Messiah

Never Let you Go

Rebel Heart (single contender)

Unapologetic Bitch

Veni Vidi Vici

Wash All Over Me

I think this era will have the following songs as singles:

1. Living for Love

2. Devil Pray

3. Ghosttown

4. Rebel Heart

5. Bitch I'm Madonna

6. Wash All Over Me

7. Jon of Ark

May be even more. This era is not HC/MDNA guys. I think she really is going to outdo herself. There is a lot of money put into this project and Madonna has a lot to say this time. Be prepared for an amazing album with incredible videos, performances and promotions.