DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

After listening to the leaked demos....I have to say: the first set contain the strongest material.

The second set have a lot of throwaways and some of the better songs seems oddly out of place.

The songs that have a very good chance to be on the album:

Addicted (The One That Got Away)

Borrowed Time

Messiah

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

Joan of Arc is already listed as a track on iTunes. I noticed the melody of the chorus resemble the Paula Anka song "The Painter" (Like a lonely soldier faces / Foreign shores and empty spaces)

I hate Heartbreak City mainly because of the overdramatic background vocals which I think should be taken out and I don't care for Revolution even though it fits the "Rebel" theme.

As for the second set of leaks?

Back That Up is BAD and absolutely out of place and have no place on the album.

Body Shop have some promise, it is like the automotive version of Candy Shop.

Best Night, Hold Tight and Inside Out...just the titles alone suggest they are throwaway tracks and they are and some people here like them. I have listen to them several times and somehow they still do not make an impression on me.

Beautiful Scar is about the best in the second set of leaks but it feels oddly out of place.

God is Love, Holy Water and Graffiti Heart...of the three Graffiti is the strongest track...like Revolution, God Is Love and Holy Water is not that strong but they fit the general vibe of the album.

There remains Veni Vidi Vici, Nothing Last Forever and Tragic Girl and only Tragic GIrl have a good chance of making the cut.

Later, three more leaks with SEX, Two Steps Behind Me and Never Let You Go.

It is said Two Steps is not going to be on the album, and I think it is a total cop out,,as someone else have pointed out...anyone listening to this will make the Gaga connection. I don't know how SEX will fit in here, as it sounds like it belongs on Hard Candy or even MDNA.

Of the three, my favorite is Never Let You Go, but the chorus needs work (too repetitive and simple; even I could've wrote that) and like Beautiful Scar, sounds out of place.

In the end, I wonder if Madonna should concentrate on quality than quantity...I mean 19 tracks...and unless she have some good unleaked songs like Ghost Town, a good portion of these will be fillers. I think the casual music buyer couldn't care less about her leaked demos the same way I personally cared about a leaked unreleased Beatles song.

unimpressed.gif

lucille-bluth-unimpressed-gif.gif

Girl_bye.gif

I feel like Avicii was great for doing the demos, but he's not good enough to finish them. In fact he's very one trick pony.

Absolutely. He is definitely talented and can help create gorgeous melodies but some of his productions are horrendous. I like the idea of edgier producers reworking his initial demos.

After listening to the leaked demos....I have to say: the first set contain the strongest material.

The second set have a lot of throwaways and some of the better songs seems oddly out of place.

Borrowed Time

Messiah

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

Joan of Arc is already listed as a track on iTunes. I noticed the melody of the chorus resemble the Paula Anka song "The Painter" (Like a lonely soldier faces / Foreign shores and empty spaces)

I hate Heartbreak City mainly because of the overdramatic background vocals which I think should be taken out and I don't care for Revolution even though it fits the "Rebel" theme.

Best Night, Hold Tight and Inside Out...just the titles alone suggest they are throwaway tracks and they are and some people here like them. I have listen to them several times and somehow they still do not make an impression on me.

Beautiful Scar is about the best in the second set of leaks but it feels oddly out of place.

God is Love, Holy Water and Graffiti Heart...of the three Graffiti is the strongest track...like Revolution, God Is Love and Holy Water is not that strong but they fit the general vibe of the album.

There remains Veni Vidi Vici, Nothing Last Forever and Tragic Girl and only Tragic GIrl have a good chance of making the cut.

It is said Two Steps is not going to be on the album, and I think it is a total cop out,,as someone else have pointed out...anyone listening to this will make the Gaga connection. I don't know how SEX will fit in here, as it sounds like it belongs on Hard Candy or even MDNA.

Of the three, my favorite is Never Let You Go, but the chorus needs work (too repetitive and simple; even I could've wrote that) and like Beautiful Scar, sounds out of place.

In the end, I wonder if Madonna should concentrate on quality than quantity...I mean 19 tracks...and unless she have some good unleaked songs like Ghost Town, a good portion of these will be fillers. I think the casual music buyer couldn't care less about her leaked demos the same way I personally cared about a leaked unreleased Beatles song.

tumblr_mo5dje4HFb1r5ndk1o1_r1_400.gif

:megamanson:

Absolutely. He is definitely talented and can help create gorgeous melodies but some of his productions are horrendous. I like the idea of edgier producers reworking his initial demos.

If the rest of his tracks come out like DP, then yeah it's the perfect combo.

Borrowed Time

Messiah

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

You seem very negative

I feel like Avicii was great for doing the demos, but he's not good enough to finish them. In fact he's very one trick pony.

Yes, I agree.

Avicii did a great job shaping the melodies, the 'core' of the songs. As for the final production, however, it's better to hand these to other more versatile producers because like you said, he's a one trick pony when it comes to the production of his songs (same style EDM breakdowns everytime).

I think Blood Diamonds will fit the bill perfectly, they're going to wrap their own production around Avicii's melodies and give the songs an edge. It worked great for Devil Pray, so I'm confident it will work for the rest of the songs too.

Imagine what they could do with Borrowed Time, for example! :wow:

Why do I always felt Addicted to be the album opener? I guess it fits at track #1. And the albums closer is Messiah. I do agree the first batch of demos were the album worthy tracks and just to add more Inside Out. The 2nd batch needs rework as it seems they are on their early stages.

Yes, I agree.

Avicii did a great job shaping the melodies, the 'core' of the songs. As for the final production, however, it's better to hand these to other more versatile producers because like you said, he's a one trick pony when it comes to the production of his songs (same style EDM breakdowns everytime).

I think Blood Diamonds will fit the bill perfectly, they're going to wrap their own production around Avicii's melodies and give the songs an edge. It worked great for Devil Pray, so I'm confident it will work for the rest of the songs too.

Imagine what they could do with Borrowed Time, for example! :wow:

I agree! Love what they did to Devil Prays! I hope Borrowed Time makes it on the album. It just needs more production.

I think that the ones that will possibly made the cut are:

Tragic Girl

Inside Out

Best Night

SEX

Messiah

Grafitti Heart

Veni Vidi Vici

Heartbreak City

Beautiful Scars

Nothing Lasts Forever

As for Body Shop, Holy Water, Hold Tight, we need to consider who produced them. There are so many collaborators but little we know about how many they produced (except Diplo), and M's criteria to choose them. Also, there are more not leaked, and I want more surprises like Ghosttown

And do anyone knowimagine who produced Never Let You Go ? As said before, the chorus is soooo weak and repetitive.

I'd really like maybe 10 or 8 of these demos

Graffiti Heart

Hold Tight

Heartbreak City

Inside Out

Iconic

Messiah

Freedom

Wash All Over Me

Revolution

Borrowed Time

And maybe 3 or 5 surprise songs would be great, but it doesn't leave room for any of the demos.

Reckon I could deal with that though as I'm happy just to get a new Madonna album.

I'm surprised there aren't more raves for Bad Night. I LOVE it; the spoken word part is classic M, right out of the Erotica era.

I think you mean Best Night. Lol!

I love it too, but to try & narrow it down is hard. Realistically, listening to the demos will spoil it for a lot people, as some of their favourite demos won't be on the album.

I think it's a good thing if we get some unheard tracks.

It shouldn't matter either way as we have plenty of Madonna music to keep us entertained & everyone will make up their own playlists anyway.

Borrowed Time

Messiah

Rebel Heart

Wash All Over Me

Interesting read. I share what you think shall be on the album except Messiah which I would replace with Heartbreak City and Rebel Heart shall remain as acoustic as possible.

Body Shop needs some more work but has a great potential.

I totally love Hold Tight and Inside out which I dont see as fillers, these songs have great potential imo. Revolution is a total filler but could fit in the cd.

Beautiful scars is a very nice song, as Wash all over me.

For me the one to discard without a second thought would be

Living for Love but too late

Two step behind

Freedom- worst or the worst

Bitch I'm Madonna is just ok, nothing more, the rap does not give it more value.

At first I didnt like Back that up, but it is a grower. I agree it does not fit the album though. Same with Best night, which can get annoying pretty fast.

Sex, God is Love, Nothing lasts forever, BT can disappear.

Iconic, VVV, Graffity Heart need work, the latter could be an Orbit production.

Holy Water is ok.

Tragic girl must stay, deep and personal.

I love Never let you go, there is a nostalgia in it which touches.

All in all I would much prefer most of the track not to be overproduced. Typically Rebel Heart. I also preferred the demo of Illuminati.

So far from the official, my fav is Devil Pray, and also in its demo form.

I hope these make the cut.

Addicted

Beautiful Scars

Graffity Heart

Heartbreak City

Hold tight

Holy Water

Inside out

Rebel Heart

Never let you go

Revolution

Tragic Girl

Iconic

VVV

Wash all over me

Interesting read. I share what you think shall be on the album except Messiah which I would replace with Heartbreak City and Rebel Heart shall remain as acoustic as possible.

Body Shop needs some more work but has a great potential.

I totally love Hold Tight and Inside out which I dont see as fillers, these songs have great potential imo. Revolution is a total filler but could fit in the cd.

Beautiful scars is a very nice song, as Wash all over me.

For me the one to discard without a second thought would be

Living for Love but too late

Two step behind

Freedom- worst or the worst

Bitch I'm Madonna is just ok, nothing more, the rap does not give it more value.

At first I didnt like Back that up, but it is a grower. I agree it does not fit the album though. Same with Best night, which can get annoying pretty fast.

Sex, God is Love, Nothing lasts forever, BT can disappear.

Iconic, VVV, Graffity Heart need work, the latter could be an Orbit production.

Holy Water is ok.

Tragic girl must stay, deep and personal.

I love Never let you go, there is a nostalgia in it which touches.

All in all I would much prefer most of the track not to be overproduced. Typically Rebel Heart. I also preferred the demo of Illuminati.

I hope these make the cut.

Addicted

Beautiful Scars

Graffity Heart

Heartbreak City

Hold tight

Holy Water

Inside out

Rebel Heart

Never let you go

Revolution

Tragic Girl

Iconic

VVV

Wash all over me

It's almost my perfect tracklist except Graffiti Heart... It's not my kind of song. I really like Freedom and Madonna used "Freedom" lyrics on her instagram today (link). I really think this demo will be on Rebel Heart.

Guest Madomination

I think the fact while it is great that we get to hear the demos....it would seem we would wind up liking the demo MORE than the actual finished tracks...as we got used to how the songs sounded like in demo form and unless the finished product is vastly superior, we would not warm up to the album versions, which I think is what Madonna is afraid of. And some demos and unreleased materials are actually better than the official overproduced versions. Less is more.

It's almost my perfect tracklist except Graffiti Heart... It's not my kind of song. I really like Freedom and Madonna used "Freedom" lyrics on her instagram today (link). I really think this demo will be on Rebel Heart.

Well, one can hold out hope that it's not on the album, and if it is, it has completely different lyrics, music, and production. :laugh:

I think the fact while it is great that we get to hear the demos....it would seem we would wind up liking the demo MORE than the actual finished tracks...as we got used to how the songs sounded like in demo form and unless the finished product is vastly superior, we would not warm up to the album versions, which I think is what Madonna is afraid of. And some demos and unreleased materials are actually better than the official overproduced versions. Less is more.

I don't see this happening. Some people might like the demos for Illuminati or LFL better than the final mixes, but I can't see how it would stop them from liking/enjoying the album or those songs. And it's not like those demo mixes are going to instantly disappear from your computer when the album drops. If you like those versions better, listen to them. In the end, though, most fans will appreciate and respect whatever she chooses to release as the final product, even if we would have liked things to be different. Lord knows I'll probably have problems with something or another, but it won't be because I heard the demos beforehand.

It's pretty hard to choose 12 songs from the demos since we know 7 out of the 19 songs and I would't necessarily put Joan of Arc on the album. I made my tracklist based on the potential that I hear in the demos and I tried to remain as realistic as possible (hence Freedom, Borrowed Time, Revolution and Holy Water being there at all). In case of some songs it's hard to decide whether they fit the Rebel or the Heart theme. IMO most of the songs belong to Heart.

Rebel:

01 Veni Vidi Vici

02 Unapologetic Bitch

03 Illuminati

04 Best Night

05 Never Let You Go

06 Hold Tight

07 Devil Pray

08 Iconic

09 Bitch I'm Madonna

10 Rebel Heart

Heart:

11 Living For Love

12 Inside Out

13 Addicted

14 Heartbreak City

15 Wash All Over Me

16 Joan of Arc

17 Ghosttown

18 Freedom

19 Messiah

Bonus Tracks:
20 Borrowed Time or Revolution

21 S.E.X. or Holy Water

22 Nothing Lasts Forever

All the people that want a "minimalist" sounding album should just go listen to American Life. Rebel Heart isn't gonna be that album.

All the final versions so far are superior to the demos. The Illuminati demo got old really quick, it sort of just plodded along. The production of the final creates a whole atmosphere that the demo simply didn't deliver. I have to say, the first few times I heard the final of DP, it felt like I was listening to a remix but I quickly got used to it. The downside to these demos leaking is by the time the album is released, some are going to be so used to the demos that it's gonna be tough to appreciate the final versions.