DEMO Discussions (Spoilers Ahead)

THANK YOU!

By the way...do we know if the sequencing on iTunes is final? It just looks extremely messy.

If I were do pick my favs and do the sequencing I'd still seperate them into two parts. ("Two sides of the same story"). Rebel Heart should be right in the middle as track 10, because it unifies the "rebel" and the "heart" songs. Veni Vidi Vici, just like Rebel Heart is very retrospective so I guess it's a good closing track for the first half.

1. Illuminati

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna

3. Best Night

4. S.E.X.

5. Holy Water

6. The One That Got Away / Addicted

7. Unapologetic Bitch

8. Iconic

9. Veni Vidi Vici

10. Rebel Heart

11. Joan of Arc

12. Devil Pray

13. Wash All Over Me / Body Shop

14. Inside Out

15. Hold Tight

16. Ghosttown

17. Messiah

18. Heartbreak City

19. Living for Love

I think she wrote songs like Freedom, Graffiti Heart, Borrowed Time, Devil Pray, Revolution, Wash All Over Me and God is Love for that Rebel part of the album, Songs with a political and social message. Devil Pray is already in, so I expect some of the other songs I mentioned will make the cut with proper arrangements.

hmmm wtf my iPod skips every demo and play only official songs from Rebel Heart :mellow:

possessed by Flopga ,call your iTunes rep... actually,in iTunes, create mp3 versions of them then then delete the old ones and you shouldn't have issues.

Edited by jaguadar1720

I think she wrote songs like Freedom, Graffiti Heart, Borrowed Time, Devil Pray, Revolution, Wash All Over Me and God is Love for that Rebel part of the album, Songs with a political and social message. Devil Pray is already in, so I expect some of the other songs I mentioned will make the cut with proper arrangements.

Those were written much much earlier, though. That was way before she knew what direction she wanted this album to go in and before she teamed up with Diplo, Tedder, Blood Diamond and Dahi. The rebel songs are clearly the more "I don't give a f" songs. She's definitely not going to make this album all preachy judging from what ended up on the album so far. Songs like Unapologetic Bitch, Bitch, I'm Madonna and Illuminati seem to kinda clash with songs like Grafitti Heart, Freedom, etc. I personally don't think those songs will make it. Maybe one of them but definitely not all of them.

S.E.X. is so cute! cant get enough of it! "sex. what u know bout sex"

i'm sure there will be brand new songs we've never heard on the album as well. the ones she doesnt use i hope find themselves on complations or b-sides or give aways or deluxe versions or fan gifts etc.

Those were written much much earlier, though. That was way before she knew what direction she wanted this album to go in and before she teamed up with Diplo, Tedder, Blood Diamond and Dahi. The rebel songs are clearly the more "I don't give a f" songs. She's definitely not going to make this album all preachy judging from what ended up on the album so far. Songs like Unapologetic Bitch, Bitch, I'm Madonna and Illuminati seem to kinda clash with songs like Grafitti Heart, Freedom, etc. I personally don't think those songs will make it. Maybe one of them but definitely not all of them.

Yes, I saw the Rebel portion the same way, more as the sexual dancey in your face type of songs not to be taken too seriously not as the political ones. I think she will include one of the political acoustic type of songs but that would to me fit more with the Heart section. I would really love Revolution to be on it. But I don't think she should include more than one or two of the political "preachy" type of songs". As far as the Heart section I much prefer the heartfelt ballads about relationships to the political things. Some people said Tragic Girl sounds like Tori Amos, but I guess that's why I like it! I hope that makes it on there. I"m thinking the album will be about evenly split between the Rebel songs and the Heart songs. I would consider BIM, Illuminati and Unapologetic Bitch as Rebel songs, and Living or Love, Devil Prays and Ghosttown as Heart songs.

Here's an article that reviews some of the demos. (I didn't put in the Reviews thread because it contains potential spoilers.)

Don’t cry for Madonna.

She may be justifiably outraged that her new songs have sprung more leaks than the Titanic, gushing onto the web in waves over the last few days. But the songs themselves offer plenty of rich music, and fascinating perspectives, which augers well for the official “Rebel Heart” release, now planned for March 10th.

Prompted by an initial spurt of leaks in mid-December, Madonna released six of the tracks to iTunes back on the 20th. Even so, she warned that the songs were both incomplete and wouldn’t necessarily even end up on the album itself.

That didn’t stop the thieves from exposing more. Nor did it discourage fans from playing a game of treasure hunt to try and seek them all out.

Even the mighty Madonna, it seems, can’t put the genie back in the bottle.

By now, the songs have become part of the public conversation. Even as they now exist - in demo form, and disconnected from their eventual album home - we can hear encouraging patterns, both in the music and in the lyrical themes.

Unlike her last two albums, which stressed a streamlined and uniform sound, the new songs prove more experimental and eclectic. They draw on sounds from the East, African instrumentation, and on rarely revived synth sounds of the ‘70s.

Only a few songs chase current trends, like the Pharrell novelty dance track “Back That Up To The Beat,” or the earlier-leaked hip-hop-pop track “Bitch I’m Madonna.”

More interesting songs, like “Never Let You Go” and “Holy Water,” reference the cooly robotic synths of prime Kraftwerk. “Nothing Lasts Forever” plays with music of the East, while “Body Shop” whips up some taut beats from the Asian subcontinent.

Other cuts, like “Inside Out” and “Graffiti Heart” expand on the experimental electronics Madonna explored on the wilder parts of her album “Bedtime Stories” back in 1994.

madonna30f-1-web.jpgThe songs show that the Material Girl’s new album, set to land in March, is will showcase some pretty strong, experimental and eclectic material.

The lyrics, too, go deeper than much of either “MDNA” or “Hard Candy.” There’s a lot of autobiography here, much of it emphasizing Madonna’s rare, and remote, role in the social hierarchy.

In “S.E.X.” she’s the instructor, schooling a younger lover on the ways of the body. In “Tragic Girl” she refers to the emotional distance she has relied on to protect herself, at the consequence of connecting. Then, in the much-discussed “Two Steps Behind,” she calls out her imitators with an imperiousness worthy of late period Joan Crawford.

Fans have interpreted that last song as another slap against Lady Gaga. That prompted a rare public denial from Madonna’s manager, Guy Oseary.

The star turns self-referencial in many of the new songs, leaning hard on her patented mix of sexual and religious imagery. During “Inside Out” she quotes her own movie title, “Truth or Dare.”

But the clearest, and the most moving, self-assessment comes in the title track, “Rebel Heart.” Over an elegiac melody, Madonna looks back at her history of outrageousness. First, she puts it in the past tense. “I spent some time as a narcissist,” she confesses. “Trying to be so provocative... all the things I did just to be seen/I outgrew my past.”

But, eventually, she embraces her willfulness as a key part of her character. “I tried to fit but it was never me/I took the road less traveled by....I knew it from the start/deep down in my rebel heart...this is me, I’m right where I wanna be.”

It’s a self-glorifying song, to be sure. But who more than Madonna deserves that tone?

While the song’s lyrics draw her career together, so the music provides a through-line in her long-established flair for shaping dance music into pop. She struck an equally ideal balance in the earlier leaked song, “Living For Love,” which sounds like the natural heir to her gospel-soul classics “Express Yourself” and “Like A Prayer.”

It remains to be seen how these songs will play off against each other in the final album - if they turn up at all. But at least in this form, we get a peak into Madonna’s process that shows no shortage of promise.

I'd say it's actually the new Inside of me, to my ears it's clearly about her mother.

I thought that initially too,but.....maybe it's about Martin Burgoyne?

With references about Keith & Basquiat in Grafitti Heart, I listened to this & thought of Martin.

Top 3

1 Wash All Over Me

2 Joan Of Arc

3 Inside Out

And again, Never Let You Go is not Madonna!!! It's someone who sounds similar, but that's not Madonna!!

Huh?!!!!!

Top 3

1 Wash All Over Me

2 Joan Of Arc

3 Inside Out

And again, Never Let You Go is not Madonna!!! It's someone who sounds similar, but that's not Madonna!!

Lol, it clearly is Madonna, just listen to the first line "This isn't what it seems...." I mean who else could it be?!?!

Huh?!!!!!

What? That is Madonna!

Think: there's no guitar in this demo.The timbre may sound very alike but the words 'never', 'myself', 'much', 'heart' (the 't' sounds like someone whose mother tongue is not English), are not like Madonna's used to sing or pronounce. And the synth played really sounds eurodance.

It is M. I've been listening to for a few days now. It's definitely her voice. Who else could it be if it wasn't hers?

Perhaps this track was very autotuned, but i still think it's her.

Think: there's no guitar in this demo.The timbre may sound very alike but the words 'never', 'myself', 'much', 'heart' (the 't' sounds like someone whose mother tongue is not English), are not like Madonna's used to sing or pronounce. And the synth played really sounds eurodance.

No guitar doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of words that are very Madonna, it might be a different tone, but it's madonna.

You're trippin boo! That's wack! Lol

it's her. it's definitely her! lol

Yeah, no.

7EF6FBAC-EEBB-4D7A-B2D0-0BB811256019_zps