Rebel Heart Tour? How many tracks from new album to be performed?

mnino

Yes there is no way she can neglect the classics and not get huge doses of backlash, lol. I myself would probably be one of those people not really impressed by that, even though Rebel Heart looks really promising to be an amazing overall album, still there are too many classics to not be included, however some oldies that the tour can go without are Vogue and Like A Prayer (even though major hits kind of overplayed) and Hung Up (It's been consistent now for three tours, time for it to be put to rest)

I hope all of them. I want the 19 songs on stage. We have got enough classics last tours. And to be fair recent classics are not as good as other classics and i don't want to hear Hung Up revisited or Music revisited or Give it To Me or Human Nature

Go for the 19 tracks, Madonna! Let's celebrate our rebel hearts!

What about the countries that she hasn't visited on recent tours? If she wants to play new markets (or fill venues in markets she visits regularly), then she needs to perform a variety of songs from throughout her career. Even the BA tour included a large number of older hits (i.e. not just LAP and IB).

With 19 new tracks to choose from, Madonna's going to be very tempted to include well over a dozen of them in the setlist, which could impact on the overall success of the tour (rightly or wrongly). As for what she'll play, I can see BIM featuring as an interlude, rather than a live number, and I can't see her performing Illuminati at all, to be honest. The other four new tracks that have been released so far will almost certainly be in the setlist.

Like A Prayer is a track that she should perform every single time she tours. No one will EVER convince me otherwise! It's the best song she's ever recorded (and that's really saying something, given the caliber of her recorded output).

I think there are a lot of her old school fans, myself included that hope she does the classics. I've been listening to her muscic since the beginning and I love the 80s and early 90s hits, and would like to a lot of them included.

Vogue and Like A Prayer should be given a rest in my opinion

I love Like A Prayer, but I think it may be given a rest because it has that similiar gospel feeling to Living for Love which we know she will perform. I'd really like to hear something from Erotica either Bad Girl or Rain and also something from Confessions, such as Get Together or Sorry.

At least half of RH and some songs she hasn't played in a while - Deeper and Deeper, Don't Tell Me, Frozen, Everybody, Live To Tell, Crazy For You, Lucky Star.

Actually that would be a great setlist!

I actually hope tour#10 it's heavy on Rebel Heart tracks/non-singles. IMO she's at her best and her best tours are always those light on oldies and heavy on non single album tracks (Drowned World, Confessions, MDNA)

Vogue and Like A Prayer should be given a rest in my opinion

Same for Holiday, Ray of Light, Hung Up, Like a Virgin, Express Yourself, La Isla Bonita, Music, Human Nature and most recently Candy Shop. All those need to be left in the shelf for at least, the next 2 tours. Give other oldies a chance! Everybody, Burning Up, Angel, Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, Deeper and Deeper, Don't Tell Me, Sorry, Get Together

Exclusive: Good-bye stadiums, hello arenas!

BY MADONNATRIBE · JANUARY 20, 2015

With Madonna’s Rebel Heart album only a few weeks ahead it’s time to talk about touring.

And while here at MadonnaTribe we have just hints of what seem to be some changes in the live band, an exciting thing we heard is the new tour is being shaped up as an arena show. Yes, you here it first – after playing mostly stadium and big venues during her most recent live concerts the Queen of stage is set to return to the more intimate settings of the arenas for her upcoming show!

Stay tuned to MadonnaTribe for more exciting news to come!

She always works with the Standard edition of her albums, so RH has 14 tracks, we need to see his tracklist and then pick 9-10 songs and put another 10 oldies, I don't want her to repeat the same ones, I need:

Material Girl

Take a Bow

Sooner or Later

Everybody

Bad Girl / Fever

Don't tell me

Love Profusion

Jump

I really don't need anything from MDNA, nothing actually it was enough with the MDNATour, maybe Some Girls.

She always works with the Standard edition of her albums, so RH has 14 tracks, we need to see his tracklist and then pick 9-10 songs and put another 10 oldies, I don't want her to repeat the same ones, I need:

Material Girl

Take a Bow

Sooner or Later

Everybody

Bad Girl / Fever

Don't tell me

Love Profusion

Jump

I really don't need anything from MDNA, nothing actually it was enough with the MDNATour, maybe Some Girls.

The standard doesn't have 14 tracks. That's just the clean version for pussies! :lmao:

The standard/explicit version has 19 tracks. ;)

I think she will play 7 or 8 songs from the new album.

I know that we are all massive Madonna fans here so enjoy all of her songs, but playing some huge hit songs at concerts is a must for any artist. Madonna is an superstar whose music has reached so many over the years. People may not want to admit it, but atmosphere and audience enthusiasm and love is important at every concert. There are always going to be casual fans and people simply interested in seeing Madonna live because of who she is. They need to hear some her biggest hits alongside her newer songs. That creates incredible audience response and I would rather be at a concert where people are wild with excitement, rather than just listening.

I think she will play 7 or 8 songs from the new album.

I know that we are all massive Madonna fans here so enjoy all of her songs, but playing some huge hit songs at concerts is a must for any artist. Madonna is an superstar whose music has reached so many over the years. People may not want to admit it, but atmosphere and audience enthusiasm and love is important at every concert. There are always going to be casual fans and people simply interested in seeing Madonna live because of who she is. They need to hear some her biggest hits alongside her newer songs. That creates incredible audience response and I would rather be at a concert where people are wild with excitement, rather than just listening.

Ummm uh-uh...remember Drowned World? Madonna is not someone who likes looking back at her catalogue. She rarely ever plays the original mixes of her old songs. They are always reworked and mixed to an extend where they are barely recognizable, which I personally have no problem with because I love to get those updated versions.

Re-Invention was the closest we got to a "GH Tour". That was the only and probably last time she'll play as much oldies and disregard the majority of the album. MDNA was "technically" a flop and she still performed the majority of it on tour. She is extremely passionate about RH and I'm sure with an album consisting of 19+ tracks she will focus mainly on the album and rather leave out a big chunk of the old songs. Tbh I think she should just shorten her old songs to 2 minute versions so she could fit more of them in maybe do some mashups and medleys but no 5-minute versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Arenas concerts are great, she always shines in them, her voice sounds fuller and the show concept is better appreciated.

Also, I agree with eveyone saying this tour should be heavy on the new tracks. I say maybe 15-16 RH songs and a few hits and singles not previously performed.

I'd be okay with a tour of nothing but songs from this album. I'd love to hear and see every one of them live. Maybe add in Who's That Girl, I'll Remember, Take a Bow, and Rescue Me though :lol: