Official REBEL HEART era pictures - Post them here

Je5u5

Well it did annoy me that she was the submissive one in that Katy Perry layout and when I mentioned it on here I was answered, that's bc Madonna's expected to be the dominant and it was giving us the unexpected. Eh, not buying that. Madonna IS the Queen of Pop but it's almost like she's expected not to portray that.. it's taboo to celebrate her power; a woman's power. Could anyone imagine a photoshoot w/ Justin Timberfake and MJ where MJ is playing submissive IN ANY FORM? I sure can't.

Still, I think the mask is bc Madonna wanted to wear it. I don't think the industry has any major control over her at all. Sometimes I can see the argument she's a feminist icon, some days I don't buy it at all. I guess that's what makes her controversial. Personally I never cared about Madonna as "shocking" or controversial. I just love her music and videos but a lot of ppl seemed really wrapped up in it.

So break the mask. Break out of the chains. Break the wires tied around your head. But she never does, and they never do. That is never portrayed. She even had to work with Uncle Terry ffs. To me, this is the industry saying 'we still own you - even with your billions we gave them to you and we can still take them away'.

Did she have to work w/ Terry though? I few days ago I found out Sting did too. It's not only women who "have" to work w/ him. BTW, What happened to that Terry guy? Seems he finally disappeared thank goodness.

Did she have to work w/ Terry though? I few days ago I found out Sting did too. It's not only women who "have" to work w/ him. BTW, What happened to that Terry guy? Seems he finally disappeared thank goodness.

I don't think he dissapeared - I originally thought he'd done the fuck me Marilyn shot as it seemed to be his standard 'white out' style -and subject matter. I don't think she 'had' to work with him at gunpoint; I do think she could have been told he was the photographer and she wasn't getting on whatever cover she got on if she didn't work with him though. All that stuff is a game of who calls the shots. Clearly in this instance (and every other it seems) it isn't our girl.

Well it did annoy me that she was the submissive one in that Katy Perry layout and when I mentioned it on here I was answered, that's bc Madonna's expected to be the dominant and it was giving us the unexpected. Eh, not buying that. Madonna IS the Queen of Pop but it's almost like she's expected not to portray that.. it's taboo to celebrate her power; a woman's power. Could anyone imagine a photoshoot w/ Justin Timberfake and MJ where MJ is playing submissive IN ANY FORM? I sure can't.

Still, I think the mask is bc Madonna wanted to wear it. I don't think the industry has any major control over her at all. Sometimes I can see the argument she's a feminist icon, some days I don't buy it at all. I guess that's what makes her controversial. Personally I never cared about Madonna as "shocking" or controversial. I just love her music and videos but a lot of ppl seemed really wrapped up in it.

To me, Madonna is being used as a 'bad bank'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_bank This is where a financial institution seperates all it's bad debts into a different institution. They know Madonna doesn't have that many more miles on the clock and they don't particularly like her, so if there are tits to be flashed, she will do it. If there is a song about the illuminati being a good thing to be sung (rather than referenced obliquely) she will do it. If there's an upcoming flop artist they are struggling to break (hello Natalia Kills), give them to Madonna. If it all backfires, it's Madonna who will be hung out to dry. If it works, so much the better, next time they'll push her even further.

To me, Madonna is being used as a 'bad bank'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_bank This is where a financial institution seperates all it's bad debts into a different institution. They know Madonna doesn't have that many more miles on the clock and they don't particularly like her, so if there are tits to be flashed, she will do it. If there is a song about the illuminati being a good thing to be sung (rather than referenced obliquely) she will do it. If there's an upcoming flop artist they are struggling to break (hello Natalia Kills), give them to Madonna. If it all backfires, it's Madonna who will be hung out to dry. If it works, so much the better, next time they'll push her even further.

who's They?

Madonna is not owned, ruled by anyone bar herself. This is a woman who followed her own dreams and her own vision for years. She did not have any "entertainment" family background - her father worked in the car industry. She has always used different imagery. I don't know why people have to analyse every image/vision out there. The shoot with Katy Perry was a fantasy shoot and not to be taken seriously. Is it really that important who was dominant ? It is not even real, they did not rush off home and re-enact it all.

Makes for fun discussion though. :laugh: