*NO DEMO TALK* REBEL HEART - the new album. Carry on discussion here.

Messiah is sublime! I think it's a perfect closer for the album.

I light a candle here in the dark

Making my way to your heart

I'll cast a spell that you can't undo

Till you wake up and you find that you love me too

She said she was hoping to release my new single on Valentine's Day but decided to release 6 songs now as early Xmas gift so am confused . Is she going to release another song as the first single ? Maybe a double first singles ?

That's so cool! I actually find that teenagers and younger people now are more likely to know about older artists and appreciate their music than when I was growing up. You can find out about them on youtube and other places online. When I was growing up basically people only had the radio and MTV to find out about pop music. So in my generation we basically just liked what we saw on there. Yes, you could find about older artists from your parents' record collection. But my parents only really listened to jazz and classical so they didn't really have any pop or rock records.

That is the beauty and power of Madonna. With a body of work that is so encompassing and so varied and so genius, new people can discover her and her work and will have many reasons to fall in love with her. I knew Madonna for so many years but I only became a fan just before the Hard Candy era. :lmao:

Can't people just enjoy the music without obsessing about the charts? You can be not #1 in the chart but sell a lot. Besides, most #1s in the past years are shitty songs anyway with no longevity at all. Stop worrying too much and just enjoy the music.

Can't people just enjoy the music without obsessing about the charts? You can be not #1 in the chart but sell a lot. Besides, most #1s in the past years are shitty songs anyway with no longevity at all. Stop worrying too much and just enjoy the music.

Thank you! ROL was not a #1 album (peaked at #2), and yet is the golden standard that all of her albums are compared to. Who cares what number it reaches as long as it reaches your (rebel) heart!

Not to mention it's literally JUST been "released". Songs are now popular due to repetitious (payola) airplay and stans that make their fave #1 in an almost cult-like way. There are exceptions to this rule of course, but this "must be instantly #1!!!!!!" Way of thinking is the least organic way to let music gestate with the audience. It's all playground wars, and quite frankly Madonna has always sat pretty having hits or not. I stopped really caring about charts long ago. It's nice to see her hit #1, don't get me wrong, but I'm not gonna be upset if she peaks at #2, #10, or #50... No one wants something shoved in their face, it's beneath us as a fanbase to "cheat" Madonna to the top. We do a fine motherfuckin' job as it is. That must be why she calls us motherfuckers.

What is wrong with caring charts? If you do not mind ok, do not want to change what others think or want to do, charts are important yes, the music is excellent, what's wrong to want to see it become a success? Charts are important yes, Madonna does not need to prove anything to anyone, but having a single and successful album only sum career and more energy and will to her want to continue. :madgemanson:

I love Madonna, I love to see her in the top charts are important to her and to me, no matter what some people '' think is right or not, should or should not do do ''

Edited by calzolari

What is wrong with caring charts? If you do not mind ok, do not want to change what others think or want to do, charts are important yes, the music is excellent, what's wrong to want to see it become a success? Charts are important yes, Madonna does not need to prove anything to anyone, but having a single and successful album only sum career and more energy and will to her want to continue. :madgemanson:

That's fine, and all's fair in love and war, etc. So yes, I'll work the youtube link, spotify spins etc. But if it doesn't meet people's chart busting expectations I hope we don't get revisionist history about how the album sucks, etc etc. (like with the prior two albums). Because from every indication so far, demos and released tracks, it's an absolutely amazing album. That's what matters at the end of the day. And besides pop music has been so full of shit for the past ten years I don't think people recognize great music when they hear it anymore

I love Madonna, I love to see her in the top charts are important to her and to me, no matter what some people '' think is right or not, should or should not do do ''

I see your point and I also want RH to be huge, but...

She released 6 songs on pre-order via iTunes only, and only this past Saturday, and topped the album chart and owned half of the top ten the first day.

#1 on album chart for a pre-order over two months away from the album's actual release, no promo as it's a forced early release and owned half the top ten (and #11).

And that's only the US.

No one else could do that. No one else will.

So, I get your point, but please. Madonna hasn't even begun this push. Hell, she was planning on promoting one single 50 days from now. She dropped six and is killing it with a video and radio push on the way.

I would also like to see her having chart success with this album. It would never change how I feel about the songs, but these songs really deserve to be played on radio a lot and reach #1 in all the major territories :)

I see your point and I also want RH to be huge, but...

She released 6 songs on pre-order via iTunes only, and only this past Saturday, and topped the album chart and owned half of the top ten the first day.

#1 on album chart for a pre-order over two months away from the album's actual release, no promo as it's a forced early release and owned half the top ten (and #11).

And that's only the US.

No one else could do that. No one else will.

So, I get your point, but please. Madonna hasn't even begun this push. Hell, she was planning on promoting one single 50 days from now. She dropped six and is killing it with a video and radio push on the way.

Thxx ;)

Oh yay my posts were deleted. Can somebody clarify what exactly are the rules with discussing leaks cause there's a thread dedicated to discussing a leaked song (Inside Out). All I did was say that another bunch of songs just leaked, I did not distribute any links.

Edited by Guest

You misunderstand me. I don't care if you care about charts, I happen to not to care, but I'm not tryin to change your point of view on it.

My point is that the way of going about it isn't a "true" position if its about inflated numbers. It's like me going out and buying the single or album 100 times. Unless I'm handing out those 100 albums for free to people NOT buying it, or keeping them in a closet, it's not a true and organic growth in popularity with the masses. Or to blunt, it's not doing her or her message any favors by forcing it on people. Feel free to disagree. I'm from a different school of thought I suppose.

You misunderstand me. I don't care if you care about charts, I happen to not to care, but I'm not tryin to change your point of view on it.

My pony is that the way of going about it isn't a "true" position if its about inflated numbers. It's like me going out and buying the single or album 100 times. Unless I'm handing out those 100 albums for free to people NOT buying it, or keeping them in a closet, it's not a true and organic growth in popularity with the masses. Or to blunt, it's not doing her or her message any favors by forcing it on people. Feel free to disagree. I'm from a different school of thought I suppose.

I Absolutely agree...it's just like 1 person can buy a 10,000 copies of a single and "watch" a video on programmed repeat spin 10,000x BUT that 1 person will NOT fill 10,000 seats in an arena/stadium!!!

Oh yay my posts were deleted. Can somebody clarify what exactly are the rules with discussing leaks cause there's a thread dedicated to discussing a leaked song (Inside Out). All I did was say that another bunch of songs just leaked, I did not distribute any links.

From the mod thread here about leaks...

"Nor posting/requesting any instructions, specific search terms, or hints WHERE to find it."

Now, I didn't read that thread originally because I assumed it was just about links, but since the situation with these leaks is dire, hints where to find them are being strictly enforced.

I am just assuming from my reading.

From the mod thread here about leaks...

"Nor posting/requesting any instructions, specific search terms, or hints WHERE to find it."

Now, I didn't read that thread originally because I assumed it was just about links, but since the situation with these leaks is dire, hints where to find them are being strictly enforced.

I am just assuming from my reading.

I completely understand that but all I did was say that x amount of songs have leaked. I didn't say where you can download them so that's why I'm confused.

I completely understand that but all I did was say that x amount of songs have leaked. I didn't say where you can download them so that's why I'm confused.

I replied to you and my reply got deleted, but to my memory, you mentioned the songs and I guess that is enough now. I think the other thread on a specific title you referenced is deleted now, too.

Again, not a mod, just guessing here. Best just leave the leak topic alone.

March will be here before we know it, anyway.

+ 1

I replied to you and my reply got deleted, but to my memory, you mentioned the songs and I guess that is enough now. I think the other thread on a specific title you referenced is deleted now, too.

Again, not a mod, just guessing here. Best just leave the leak topic alone.

March will be here before we know it, anyway.

Hmm, I do find it fishy that they allow multiple "appreciation" threads for leaked songs yet we can't merely mention that another song/s just leaked lol.

Anyways, Madonna released this video on her Instagram with Devil Prays added to the background of footage from Constantine featuring Keanu Reeves.

http://instagram.com/p/w8UIr7mEbP/?modal=true