*NO DEMO TALK* REBEL HEART - the new album. Carry on discussion here.

There's absolutely no reason to shame or criticize fans who listen to the leaks (just as there's no reason to do that to those who choose not to). The people who stole, bought, and leaked the tracks are the problem. Expecting fans not to seek out new Madonna music when it's out there is ridiculous.

There's absolutely no reason to shame or criticize fans who listen to the leaks (just as there's no reason to do that to those who choose not to). The people who stole, bought, and leaked the tracks are the problem. Expecting fans not to seek out new Madonna music when it's out there is ridiculous.

I completely disagree with this. To me that's like saying somebody else robbed the bank, I just took some of the money that fell in the street behind them as they ran away.

I've been thinking about this leak situation a lot and I think it comes down to that there are two kinds of fans. One kind doesn't just like Madonna's music, but respects her as an artist and a human being. The other kind of fan sees Madonna as a commodity. A person who produces music for their personal pleasure but they don't give a shit about her as an artist or a person. How else can you explain the lame excuses about lack of willpower and "well it's already out there"? There is no supply without demand and if we didn't listen there would be no reason to steal in the first place.

She point blank asked us all to not listen to them. So do you respect her wishes or not? And if you don't how can you call yourself a loyal fan?

I completely disagree with this. To me that's like saying somebody else robbed the bank, I just took some of the money that fell in the street behind them as they ran away.

I've been thinking about this leak situation a lot and I think it comes down to that there are two kinds of fans. One kind doesn't just like Madonna's music, but respects her as an artist and a human being. The other kind of fan sees Madonna as a commodity. A person who produces music for their personal pleasure but they don't give a shit about her as an artist or a person. How else can you explain the lame excuses about lack of willpower and "well it's already out there"? There is no supply without demand and if we didn't listen there would be no reason to steal in the first place.

She point blank asked us all to not listen to them. So do you respect her wishes or not? And if you don't how can you call yourself a loyal fan?

Thank you, I also feel strongly about this. We have six amazing officially released songs. You summarized my feelings perfectly.

What makes you think we all want to be liked by Madonna or make Madonna happy? I'm a Madonna fan not a sheep. And I'm not responsible for these leaks so I'm not going to feel bad about listening to them. Get real.

And every single person on this forum has Madonna leaks of some kind in their possession. We've spent years discussing photo leaks. Madonna finally finds out and says it's "wrong" suddenly it's wrong?

If you actually believe what you're saying you should go to your computer now and delete every single unreleased demo, video or photo. Otherwise you're a hypocrite. Or do you think she approves of all those demos, tour rehearsals, Reinvention tour footage, BAT bootlegs etc etc that have leaked over the years? Those are stolen too!

Oh please! You see no difference between a leaked track that was not chosen for an album that gets leaked after the fact, sometimes years later and this situation where we are talking about early demos of material that is yet to be released? Your rationalizations are kind of laughable. Have some integrity man.

I have no desire to listen to the leaked songs, A. Because I do think it would be disrespectful to Madonna, and B. Because I think they would color my perceptions of the finished songs.

I can't imagine having heard the Erotica tapes before Erotica, or the Ray of Light demos before that album. The demos give away a certain core of the melody, that even if filled in later, take away the element of surprise. And that's one of the things I love most about new M musicz

Oh please! You see no difference between a leaked track that was not chosen for an album that gets leaked after the fact, sometimes years later and this situation where we are talking about early demos of material that is yet to be released? Your rationalizations are kind of laughable. Have some integrity man.

This forum is not gonna turn in2 this NEwbie.

Her songs have been stolen since 1998. We've all listened to everything. You wanna listen to the RH album demos, go for it. You don't want to listen? Go for it. Why continue to argue?

What makes you think we all want to be liked by Madonna or make Madonna happy? I'm a Madonna fan not a sheep. And I'm not responsible for these leaks so I'm not going to feel bad about listening to them. Get real.

And every single person on this forum has Madonna leaks of some kind in their possession. We've spent years discussing photo leaks. Madonna finally finds out and says it's "wrong" suddenly it's wrong?

If you actually believe what you're saying you should go to your computer now and delete every single unreleased demo, video or photo. Otherwise you're a hypocrite. Or do you think she approves of all those demos, tour rehearsals, Reinvention tour footage, BAT bootlegs etc etc that have leaked over the years? Those are stolen too!

standing-ovation.gif

Guest bluejean

Of course there's a difference. But it's all stealing at the end of the day and I can assure you Madonna objects to it all. So you best get to your computer and delete everything unofficial otherwise you are not a real fan. Have some integrity man!

PS Madonna hates you if you don't.

Her songs have been stolen since 1998. We've all listened to everything. You wanna listen to the RH album demos, go for it. You don't want to listen? Go for it. Why continue to argue?

I have personally learned a lot over the past few weeks thanks to these conversations.

For example, in this instance, these songs are leaking before the official release, and the artist is asking you explicitly to not cave in and fuel the demand. These are crucial differences from what's happened before.

Also, at this point it seems certain that whoever is doing this is not a fan, but actually a detractor. Someone who wants to ruin the release of this record. Which of course won't happen, but just the thought that by listening to these demos I'm complicit with such an asshole is enough to turn me off.

I feel like this is a very worthy conversation to have. It's educational. Personally, as someone who seeked out the demos before (RH, WAOM), I am truly having a change of heart here. I now would feel like a hypocrite if I were to seek out more demos after she already went out of her way to release six songs AND she started doing promo for them.

Guest bluejean

Exactly. The self righteousness of this newbie is how should I put it, laughable.

It's pretty hard to avoid talking about the leaks but we should or devout a thread to it so we can leave this one for the legal material and not spoil it for the ones who want to wait for the album.

The positive thing about the leaks is that they really did reverse the negative feedback madonna had going since Hard Candy (which i personally don't think is a bad album nor is MDNA but enough of this talk).

I have a serious question. Why does it seem like we are discouraged or forbidden from discussing HC or MDNA in any way? Did I miss some huge meltdown over those two records recently? It seems no one can say anything about them without adding on "enough discussion let's keep those records out of this " or something similar. I mean, they ARE her two most recent works and now we have their amazing followup just two months away.

I have a serious question. Why does it seem like we are discouraged or forbidden from discussing HC or MDNA in any way? Did I miss some huge meltdown over those two records recently? It seems no one can say anything about them without adding on "enough discussion let's keep those records out of this " or something similar. I mean, they ARE her two most recent works and now we have their amazing followup just two months away.

I don't think it's "forbidden" at all but some people come to this thread to read about official news about the album and it's hard to go through arguments about HC & MDNA to get to what you came to read. You can open a thread to discuss "Rebel Heart, Hard Candy & MDNA", in fact it would be a good idea to avoid clogging this thread.

Guest bluejean

Because those discussions take the thread way off topic and this thread is for Rebel Heart discussion. If you want to talk about those albums create a thread in the General Madonna area.

Exactly. The self righteousness of this newbie is how should I put it, laughable.

You can't argue with my logic so instead you call me a "newbie". So sorry to offend the Forum Gods but newsflash: your 18449 posts don't make you any more a fan or an authority than anyone else.

Well, if nothing else these leaks are doing a fine old job of dividing her fanbase during what should be a joyful time for everyone. Regardless of individual moralistic viewpoints on listening to the demos or not, that wasn't the issue on the forum today, it was that we as a group were actively participating and facilitating the rapid spread of said leaks (certain people in a most purposeful manner) under the impression that it's somehow our "right" to do so. Once again, this forum is actively recognised as one of the main fan hubs by Madonna's own management team.

I do however think it's a very valid point that those fans, like loomer, who are now coming into the album thread having waited to hear the officially released tracks, only to be met by a barrage of spoilers are being put at an unfair disadvantage. An official thread should be for the official release and all that pertains to it, with the discussion of the stolen, unreleased, unfinished material going on elsewhere in the forum.

In any case, now that the leaks are all out there for everyone to, er, dissect, no doubt admin will let it be known one way or another that it's ok to start further discussing/scrutinizing them and what better way to do that than in .... http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=48463

Because those discussions take the thread way off topic and this thread is for Rebel Heart discussion. If you want to talk about those albums create a thread in the General Madonna area.

I don't want to talk about them here. I just noticed a trend of people saying they have heard enough about those two albums every time they are mentioned in passing, but I don't see that with mentions of ROL, COADF etc etc.

Thank you for answering me <3

:thumbsup:

As an older, this whole personal allegiance to a pop star is rather alien to me and I suspect many others of my age group. Seems to be something that started w/in the last few years w/ "stan wars." Now I'm not above stanning for Madonna. It's just a little something to give back for all the years she's entertained me: defend her in comment sections, etc, while have a little fun doing it. I mean I SADDLED UP when I saw the shit gagut was trying to pull. But bottom line, If Madonna saw me in the street she would ignore me and that's perfectly fine. We don't know each other. We are not friends. Given the opportunity, if I felt it was appropriate, I would certainly say, Hey I love your stuff. Great job. KEEP IT UP. But it ends there folks. Anything more, imho, is ... unhealthy. I don't listen to the demos for a variety of reasons (aren't links often filled w/ viruses? idk). If I get mad for ppl listening to demos it's bc it might effect the era itself, which seems like it did! Now that pisses me off. BillionaireDonna's hurt feelings .. eh, kinda far down the list tbh. Of course I would prefer her happy, as I would anyone else, but I ain't, you know, devoutly concerned.

So when's those remixes coming out! I needs my fix. You betta work girl if you want me handing out my hard-earned paycheck and that's just the long and short of it.

Wanna listen to them? Then listen to them. Don't wanna listen to them? Then don't listen to them. Stay in your lane.

Moniquearis to the rescue !

Guest bluejean

:thumbsup:

As an older, this whole personal allegiance to a pop star is rather alien to me and I suspect many others of my age group. Seems to be something that started w/in the last few years w/ "stan wars." Now I'm not above stanning for Madonna. It's just a little something to give back for all the years she's entertained me: defend her in comment sections, etc, while have a little fun doing it. I mean I SADDLED UP when I saw the shit gagut was trying to pull. But bottom line, If Madonna saw me in the street she would ignore me and that's perfectly fine. We don't know each other. We are not friends. Given the opportunity, if I felt it was appropriate, I would certainly say, Hey I love your stuff. Great job. KEEP IT UP. But it ends there folks. Anything more, imho, is ... unhealthy. I don't listen to the demos for a variety of reasons (aren't links often filled w/ viruses? idk). If I get mad for ppl listening to demos it's bc it might effect the era itself, which seems like it did! Now that pisses me off. BillionaireDonna's hurt feelings .. eh, kinda far down the list tbh. Of course I would prefer her happy, as I would anyone else, but I ain't, you know, devoutly concerned.

Thank you. The people calling us immoral, not real fans etc are just immature blind sheep. They have to be in their teens. Or just simple.